Rain

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Brace yourselves! Anyone look at next week’s forecast? Woof!

I just saw that. Sat – Tues looks pretty warm. The ridge of high pressure aka the “heat dome” is expected to lift north again for a few days. BARF

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Closing in on 3 inches here in Woodbury since the weekend.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Brace yourselves! Anyone look at next week’s forecast? Woof!

Those temps just depress the heck out of me right now. bawling

glenn57
    cold spring mn

lets hope they miss that heat wave like rain predictions!!!!!!!! rotflol peace

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Some impressive rainfall totals fell just to the west/northwest of the Twin Cities.

Annandale 6.75 inches shock
    Kimball 4.70 inches
    Clearwater 4.10 inches
    St Cloud 3.10 inches

This area was under extreme drought on the map too. Good to see the area that needed it the most get some.

picklerick
    Central WI

1-1/2″ in the rain gauge here now. Seems to be winding down but the wind’s picked up. That’s about 2.25″ since Thu. I think that’s more than we had the six weeks prior.

Brittman

If you are curious on what extreme summer drought does to a farm field, drive I-94 and take a closer look at many of the fields from say mile markers 160 to 180 (there abouts). Many of the fields (especially corn) in that area are simply too far gone, but that kind of rain will help longer term.

CaptainMusky

I overheard some farmers on Sunday saying their corn never developed cobs. I guess its reduced to silage now.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Some impressive rainfall totals fell just to the west/northwest of the Twin Cities.

Annandale 6.75 inches shock
    Kimball 4.70 inches
    Clearwater 4.10 inches
    St Cloud 3.10 inches

This area was under extreme drought on the map too. Good to see the area that needed it the most get some.

Yep I got the largest rainfall of the year at 3.5″ That is way more than I have received for the summer total up to this point. The lawn and lakes really appreciated it.

CaptainMusky

Yep I got the largest rainfall of the year at 3.5″ That is way more than I have received for the summer total up to this point. The lawn and lakes really appreciated it.

Wow you got over double what I did. That is great for you!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This week’s drought monitor shows the most improvement of the entire summer. Extreme drought was completely removed from central MN and an area northwest of Mille Lacs lake. Additionally, a vast region west and north of the Twin Cities was downgraded from severe drought to moderate drought.

A fairly large area of severe (red) drought still remains near Rochester in Olmstedt County.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?MN

Jimmy Jones

A fairly large area of severe (red) drought still remains near Rochester in Olmstedt County.

And any meaningful rain here has been a figment of our imaginationms. Again.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I got about 1/2 inch of rain last night. First measurable rain since August 14.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

You should but a lottery ticket. Not a drop here in 28 days and counting. I’ve already pivoted and started doing the “snow” dance with hopes of more moisture next year.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

You should but a lottery ticket. Not a drop here in 28 days and counting. I’ve already pivoted and started doing the “snow” dance with hopes of more moisture next year.

Watch your language, this is a family site! And the S word is a curse word until October at least. rotflol rotflol rotflol

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We had a little shower here last night. Not much quantity but with the cool temps its being well received by our lawn.

Jimmy Jones

One clap ,of thunder a couple minutes ago and enough rain [sprinkles] to almost get the sidewalk damp.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Flash flooding in Duluth last night. Half of the fill on the 1st Ave east construction project ended up on Superior street, closing it down for the day.
    Storm sewers overflowed and flooded the tunnels in spots. Areas got over 4″ of rain.
    Got close to an inch in Cloquet total. And we have a low of 39 forecast for tonight, so we’ve got that going for us frown

CaptainMusky

Thats a much different map than the one I just saw from Paul Douglass. Not surprisingly I am in the middle of a sea of red and literally over my house its purple IE less rain. Ugh.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Got over an inch last night, into this morning, in Eastern Iowa. Was nice to see some water in the rain gauge.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Looks like there could be a multi-day rain event moving into the region later this week and through the weekend.

The models on this weather event disagree greatly, so I wouldn’t put too much into these just yet. The storm is still off the west coast. I would wait until late Wednesday/Thursday to take any of this to heart. The GFS and the GEM models are soo different, basically apples v oranges.

If you want, The College of DuPage is a great resource for following models. I use them every day when planning my forecasts.
    https://weather.cod.edu/forecast/

Although, I am confident it will be at least cloudy and cooler this weekend.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The models on this weather event disagree greatly, so I wouldn’t put too much into these just yet.

Oh I fully agree. The weather terrorists love to hype up potential rain makers. Some of them are more realistic with their approach and refuse to “predict rain during a drought” otherwise people show up with pitch forks lol

JEREMY
    BP

The news I watched this morning was down to saying that it looks like rain could still develop this weekend.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Let’s hope those models are wrong.

Less than half an inch of rain at this point does basically nothing.

Jimmy Jones

I dug some bulbs that have to be wintered inside on Sunday morning. I had to dig down about a foot on each bulb. Maybe 100 of them. Every single one was dry soil where the bulb was, and we have been watering them all summer.

Carrots developed nicely where watering reached the root. Down deep the root just stopped growing. Some of the carrot roots were 10″ deep with 3″ of carrot high up where the watering got to the root deep enough to help a little.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TillrLife wrote:</div>
    The models on this weather event disagree greatly, so I wouldn’t put too much into these just yet.

Oh I fully agree. The weather terrorists love to hype up potential rain makers. Some of them are more realistic with their approach and refuse to “predict rain during a drought” otherwise people show up with pitch forks lol

Well, they’re getting closer in agreement. It looks like we will likely get some rain of some capacity at least. I would lean much closer to 0.50″-0.75″ in Central MN, Saint Cloud area, MSP area will likely be a little less.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The latest European Model for this incoming system shows 2-3 inches of rain in a large portion of central MN by Monday. Hopefully this actually happens too.

CaptainMusky

IM not getting my hopes up, but it sure does look promising.

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 362 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.