Rain

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Came home Sunday afternoon to a flowerbox full of water and has been raining non stop since last night.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i didnt dump a rain gauge till a bit ago after a nice shower came through wad not quite 3/4 inch over the weekend and today!!!!! its not much but i’ll definitely take it. waytogo

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Got another 1.5 inches today. That’s 5.5 inches since Sat night. That’ll make a dent in the drought.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Got another 1.5 inches today. That’s 5.5 inches since Sat night. That’ll make a dent in the drought.

ive come to rely on gimruis for my weather related information. When in a droubt i thought i read somewhere that the ground is so hard that it cant absorb heavy rainfall fast enough and so in the event of a heavy rain the water just washes away more or less.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

ive come to rely on gimruis for my weather related information. When in a droubt i thought i read somewhere that the ground is so hard that it cant absorb heavy rainfall fast enough and so in the event of a heavy rain the water just washes away more or less.

John Rasmussen has referred to me as the Belinda Jensen of IDO. jester

glenn57
    cold spring mn

^^^^^^ rotflol yea Gim…….dont let that go to your head……your not near as good looking!!!!!!1 peace jester chased wave

CaptainMusky

Came home Sunday afternoon to a flowerbox full of water and has been raining non stop since last night.

Glad you guys are getting some much needed rain! We got some, not a lot, but it still helps.

JEREMY
    BP

Had a hair under 4″ when I checked after work last night. Should be a bit over that now.

James Almquist

I emptied another 1.8″ yesterday with a total for the 3 days of 4.6″. Nice little drought buster.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The most recent drought monitor has shown the biggest improvement since May 1 in classification status after a multi-day rain event.

Extreme drought went from 26% to only 8% since last Thursday across the state of Minnesota. waytogo

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

More rain moving through this morning. Lightning/thunder too. The farmers won’t be going in the fields anytime soon. It has to be a mud pit out there right now.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The farmers won’t be going in the fields anytime soon. It has to be a mud pit out there right now.

This has to be a total kick in the pants to the farmers, no friken rain all summer and now it’s a field of soup when it’s time for harvest. I respect them greatly but would never want to have that job. Glenns right you are our weather lady but have nothing on Belinda. smirk jester

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well I’m working at the vikings stadium and it is pretty damn wet out here. Easy money sitting in the truck today

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This has to be a total kick in the pants to the farmers, no friken rain all summer and now it’s a field of soup when it’s time for harvest. I respect them greatly but would never want to have that job. Glenns right you are our weather lady but have nothing on Belinda. smirk jester

LOL

You’re absolutely right tho, no rain in May/June when it was needed (and often comes), and then a monsoon in September right when they were starting to harvest soybeans. Such is the life of a farmer, at the mercy of mother nature.

On the positive side it certainly helps with soil moisture heading into winter. Last fall we didn’t have any rain for over 2 months.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i had a touch over a 1/4 inch this morning. quite the thinder and lightning show.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

i had a touch over a 1/4 inch this morning. quite the thinder and lightning show.

We are getting about the same, it has been quite the lightning show for sure some cool cloud to cloud strikes.

CaptainMusky

I guess we could have some real noise overnight tonight. I heard a few boomers this morning, but little rain to show for it.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I guess we could have some real noise overnight tonight. I heard a few boomers this morning, but little rain to show for it.

Its now raining hard at the shop in Ham Lake.

CaptainMusky

The next drought monitor should be dramatically different for many. For me it wont change much we have been big losers lately. About .3″ all week.

Jimmy Jones

Here at the cabin in Two Harbors we had 8” last weekend. We’ve had one day of Sun since and more rain forecast now for the next two days.

Fishing has sucked but the grouse are plentiful. We had a couple for dinner last night.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ya sure, Now we get lots of it. Feel bad for all those farmers. As if they did not already have a brutal year, and now this. It is good for a lot of the local lakes though. We were looking at going into the winter with some real low lakes. This late rain has helped a little.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Just getting absolutely pummeled with rain in the west metro

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Just getting absolutely pummeled with rain in the west metro

Just hit me too. Like a waterfall out there. This is going to put me over 8 inches in less than a week.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Woke up this morning and noticed it rained. 3/4 of an inch overnight.

Wife said it thundered a few times it about stood her up. Never heard a thing. smash jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve caught up on about a 7.5 inch deficit of rain since May 1 in one week. I’ve gotten about 9.5 inches the past 7 days. My yard is like a big sponge right now when I walk around.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

With all the rain and lightning the Lawns around here look the best they have all season. I debated about putting down some grass seed this late in the year. But after looking at the forecast for the next 10 days, I think it will be warm enough to get some good growth prior to colder temps shutting it down. I’m going home and getting it seeded. Sure would be nice to have a few of those brown spots to come out of winter looking better. If it does not work, I’ll just jump on it again in the spring

CaptainMusky

I think they say Fall is the best time to overseed. What doesnt germinate this Fall will in the Spring anyway.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m going to end up mowing more in October than May and June combined, this is bs! rotflol

CaptainMusky

I’m going to end up mowing more in October than May and June combined, this is bs!

Isnt that the truth! I have mowed 3 times and once was when I dethatched in the Spring. It looks pretty good now all things considered.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There looks to be a slow-moving incoming low pressure system arriving in the southern half of MN starting Thursday night and exiting sometime on Saturday. 2-4 inches of rain is possible across the entire South Dakota, MN, and Wisconsin region.

This is the type of moisture that is greatly beneficial when it falls steady over a couple days, rather that a quick down pour. Not good for harvesting crops though. This is going to delay that, again.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 362 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.