Rain

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The complaining worked! We registered a hearty 0.06” of rain in 20 minutes total…bringing us to 0.06” for 18 days and counting.

I’m not exactly building the ark yet.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I had to turn on the sprinkler for a bit so I can get some crawlers for tomorrow morning. went through 3 dozen in 3 hours but I will never complain about that or lack of rain. this July weather in June is kind of aggravating flame

MX1825

I had to turn on the sprinkler for a bit so I can get some crawlers for tomorrow morning. went through 3 dozen in 3 hours but I will never complain about that or lack of rain. this July weather in June is kind of aggravating flame

We had July weather in May!!

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Last night lightning thunder 10 drops of rain, it is so dry here the frogs are coming out of the swamp looking for a sprinkler.

CaptainMusky

We had lightning and thunder but missed us to our East not a drop. Tractor sprinkler is getting a workout this morning.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I don’t have the rain gauge up yet but yesterday probably had 3/10s in 45 minutes.

Jimmy Jones

We had .41″ in 15 minutes earlier this afternoon. Thunder and all. Nothing ran off. It’s dry. Looking like we could get another dose tonight around 7 but not holding my breath.

Its been great garden working weather as long as I can get out there about 6AM. By * I’m soaked with sweat.

Today I weeded until about 8, then came in and showered and went chainsaw shopping. Bought a nice Stihl 16″. And the oil to get another year’s worth of warranty. Didn’t need the oil but the cabin garage can use some so that’s where it’ll go.

Tomorrow the garden will be completely weeded. Sure looks nice without any green between the rows that are supposed to have green. I have tomatoes set, peppers set and the onions and garlic are growing great guns right now.

ThunderLund78

This has been the strangest weather pattern in a while. Not unusual to be hot and mainly dry, but we’re on the 5th or 6th day in a row of these spotty – pop-up showers that are either stagnate or move east to west. Usually you only see east to west rain on the back end of low pressure, but it moves out.

It gets weirder! Zoom the radar out and it’s like that from the Mississippi to the West coast, Mexican border to Central Canadian provinces. Don’t ever recall seeing a pattern like that.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

what exactly is this rain you guys keep speaking of????? doah coffee i dont remember the last time i had rain here!!!!!!! flame doah

JEREMY
    BP

All these pop up storms for days and cant get one over us.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

All these pop up storms for days and cant get one over us.

You aren’t the only one Jeremy.

Bout time for our annual drought to start again huh

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

what exactly is this rain you guys keep speaking of????? doah coffee i dont remember the last time i had rain here!!!!!!! flame doah

I was going tyo ask the same thing. Have not had a drop in probably 15+ days now. It may be longer than that. My buddy who lives just south of Browerville said he’s recorded 2/10th of a inch this spring total at his house. Said the crops in his area are probably shot for the year already. 1/2 – 3/4 of his beans have not even came out of the ground and the corn is already looking rough. If they don’t receive at least some rain real soon its over for his crops this year. It looks like another year of crop insurance that will be lucky to pay the cost he has into planting.

CaptainMusky

It rained enough to make the ground wet but that is it. Wipers came on in the truck this morning, but hardly needed to be used.

JEREMY
    BP

The renters a my dads got lucky and we gotta bunch of rain the day after they planted. But hasnt hardly rained a drop since. Probably a good 3 weeks. High spots the corn looks to be curling a bit already. Lucky my sweetcorn is in a lower area but will be struggling soon.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I saw a raindrop this morning. I’d bet we got 1/10,000 of a inch

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

It is sad. Add in how unreal the mosquitoes are and it’s a double kick in the balls. Heck I even have deer flies at the house almost a month early. Makes me think we waited all winter for this…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It is sad. Add in how unreal the mosquitoes are and it’s a double kick in the balls. Heck I even have deer flies at the house almost a month early. Makes me think we waited all winter for this…

Its strange that the Mosquitoes are so bad. You would think with the lack of rain they would not be as bad. Heading to Canada Friday. I hear they have had a ton of rain in the area we are headed. The mosquitoes are always bad there. I’m thinking they are going to be REALLY REALLY bad there this year. Glad I just purchased a new big clam screen tent ( 12.5 x 12.5 ) hopefully we will be able to hang out in there and have a meal and a few drinks without being eaten alive.

CaptainMusky

FT Those screen tents are a savior for sure. We have one for our group and we head up Sunday.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

deer flies

Those things are merciless. No repellent works either. They land on your face and take a bite out of you.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

FT Those screen tents are a savior for sure. We have one for our group and we head up Sunday.

One of the members of our group just purchased a rechargeable bug zapper to hang in the screen tent while there. I hope it works well. Just need to remember to charge it each time we fire up the generator to charge the boat batteries.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

To me it looks like we are back in a massive drought. My lawn is already toast and I don’t see any chance of rain on the 10-day. Pretty crazy after all the snow we had to do this again.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I’m getting my garden in late this year. I have to water it before I till it. It is literally cracking as are other parts of my back yard.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Its raining in California. In June. Basically unheard of and we can’t get any here during the wettest month of the entire year. flame

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

We finally got a little rain yesterday. Not much but a little. We still need a LOT more of it to help the lakes and the Farmers out.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Forest Service has banned campfires in the BWCA as of yesterday, June 13, until further notice due to dry conditions.

There is currently about a 30 acre parcel of wildfire burning near Spice Lake, about 10 miles southwest of the Gunflint Trail that the US Forest Service is attempting to control.

There is no relief in sight either. A string of warm, near 90 degree days are on tap next week with no rain.

JEREMY
    BP

Winstock is this weekend. Couple thousand drunk dancing hillbillies listening to country music usually conjure up a few down pours. Just gotta hope some reach my sweetcorn patch 30 miles away.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A section of east-central MN stretching from St Cloud to Hinckley is now in severe drought status.

Almost 20% of the entire state is still in moderate drought, and 77% of the state is considered abnormally dry.

Hot, dry, burn bans, and smoke filled air. Another day here in paradise. devil

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?MN

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

But without fail the forecast for rain is always Sat and Sun!
    I vote for weekday rain.

LabDaddy1

I see a chance on Sunday. But at this rate I’ll definitely take what I can get!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 362 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.