Shoutout to Iowaboy and Cheryl

• Mike m

Long story short , I’ve been contemplating repowering my old boat or getting a new one for a few years now . Boats not the prettiest but is set up the way I like it , and has served me well , with lots of good memories in her . For several reasons decided to repower with a shiny new suzuki , purchased from Sheldons auto and marine . Can’t say enough about service he and Cheryl provide . He was patient through numerous texts and phone calls , I was involved with the installation which greatly accelerated my understanding of this motor , and got to spend the day with people I consider friends . The thread about a day in the life at iowaboys shop is real , it’s impressive. To anyone considering a new motor I highly recommend

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’ve yet to hear of anybody who has done business there that wasn’t impressed. They are what we use to call “down to earth country folk.”

Say a extra prayer for them as they clean up from this weeks storm that flooded the shop.

Iowaboy1

Thank you Mike!! I am very humbled by this.
    It was a pleasure having you spend a night with us!!
    It was even more fun watching you dig in with dogged determination to get the new motor converted that day and to take me for a ride around the small lake north of the shop,still very impressed with the torque that motor makes!!

Attachments:
    1. 20240517_162553-scaled.jpg

2. 20240517_135752-scaled.jpg

isu22andy

Good work ! Love seeing old rigs with new motors. Original transom in good shape on the crestliner yet ?

Mike m

Nope , I put a new one in 2 years ago , along with a new floor .

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Sheldon is the man. No doubt about that. And thay zuki looks great on the boat, hopefully the stories of the boat only get better from here on.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Nice work as usual Sheldon and NO you still can’t repower my son’s minibike. He doesn’t need to go 100 MPH! toast

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I’ve yet to hear of anybody who has done business there that wasn’t impressed. They are what we use to call “down to earth country folk.”

I’m willing to bet that’s because there hasn’t been anybody that wasn’t. Sheldon is a great friend and a great mechanic. It’s going to be hard to let anyone else work on my boat after the experience I had with mine down there.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Now he has a lake in his parking lot so it’s easy to take your rig for a test ride.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Nice repower, that Suzuki will be an excellent outboard for decades.

Just curious, what’s the wait time for outboards these days? Did this have to be factory ordered or was it in inventory at a distributor?

If things are back to normal as far as lead times, repowering makes a lot of sense.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Sheldon is a very generous man.
    He has given up $thousands of dollars in advice just from this website. I have learned a lot from his information provided here.

Definitely he is a diamond in the rough these days waytogo

Mike m

Nice repower, that Suzuki will be an excellent outboard for decades.

Just curious, what’s the wait time for outboards these days? Did this have to be factory ordered or was it in inventory at a distributor?

If things are back to normal as far as lead times, repowering makes a lot of sense.

Sheldon could probably answer this better , but from the time I decided to do it he had it within a week

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Sheldon could probably answer this better , but from the time I decided to do it he had it within a week

No better answer than 1 week from order to delivery. Nice.

mojo

Since the shop was flooded, maybe now is the time to try to convince him to move north by a state devil
    Sheldon’s Auto Marine and Bar/Grill has a nice ring to it. I know I would spend a lot of time there. I’d probably have my own barstool. Hell, I’d set up a La Z Boy, and change my nickname to Norm (reference to TV Sitcom Cheers for you young ones)

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

He is about as good of a person as you can get not to mention he knows his shiat about motors.

Mojo i don’t think a bar tied in with the shop would be a good idea.
    What next a fireworks stand also?

Iowaboy1

Ya Chuck,we can have a fireworks stand but we cant let EPG anywhere near it,especially if hes cruising on the toon,or near a dock

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

Ya Chuck,we can have a fireworks stand but we cant let EPG anywhere near it,especially if hes cruising on the toon,or near a dock

rotflol rotflol

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.