The weather thread

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Seems there’s enough interest here to start a new weather thread. Go ahead and use this one now with anything related to the weather. Rain, snow, sun, heat waves, drought…

I’ll do my best to update it regularly since I know some of you have commented on my fake meteorology skills.

jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Seems like the 1-2 inch rain totals predicted before this mutli-day system rolled through were fairly accurate although some areas to the east may have received less, and some areas to the west definitely received more.

There appears to be a soggy forecast in the near future as well. Temps will warm to the low 70’s by tomorrow ahead of a cold front that will ignite possible t-storms later in the day on Tuesday.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Do we really NEED 2 weather threads?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yes, and yes.

Carry on

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Do we need a Outdoors/ Fishing forum where grown men consistently argue about virtually anything other than fishing?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ll do my best to update it regularly since I know some of you have commented on my fake meteorology skills.

Hahahaha it started as comments on “fake” meteorology skills, and now you are my go to weatherman! Keep the updates coming, some sunshine is going to get the whole state greened up asap. Not sure how much rain Northern MN has been getting, but judging from the lakes/rivers down here, we are about full.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

lol, it took 2 posts before topic got derailed.

Anyway, back to topic. Got real windy last night in the St. Cloud area, my neighbor has two big trees down. My rain gauge is up to 2.25”.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

70 and partly cloudy in NC this morning.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Yes we NEED the rain but its bumming me out to have two weekends in a row wash out. Especially this coming weekend for Wis opener. If this stretches to Minn opener Ill really be depressed.

JEREMY
    BP

1.5″ in Belle Plaine last night before I spilled my gauge.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I just hope this does not end of one of those summers where it seems to be rainy and windy ever weekend and nice during the week. I know that’s fine with all of you retired people, But it sucks for those of us still working. Its been really wet here in the St. Cloud area. My sump pump is back to running almost now stop. I was out in the rain last night opening the normal flow path of water from the sump. I thought about clearing it out when it was nice and dry, But silly me, wait until its pouring rain and then go do it. I’ll take all the rain we can get till opener. Than it can slow down some.

Stanley

3 1/4” in rice from Friday to this morning

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If you listen closely, you can hear the morels popping with this weather

hillhiker
    SE MN

If you listen closely, you can hear the morels popping with this weather

I walked a bunch this weekend and only found false morels, ramps just starting to pop up, and LOTS of ticks. The warm up the next couple days should get them going good though.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

AND…..nary the DROUGHT word!!!!! devil rotflol

CaptainMusky

3 1/4” in rice from Friday to this morning

Impressive. I just emptied mine and it was a total of 2.55″ since Friday. Just North of Sartell.

big_g
    Isle, MN

This was clearly a joke at Gim…. I got it !!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

BTW.. anybody know what’s up with Keith Marler in the mornings on the 9 ? He has disappeared ? (which is no small feat)

JEREMY
    BP

He hurt his knee a few months back so he was always sitting in the morning but dont know why hes been gone lately. My daughter calls him big body tiny head. I said I dont think hes gotta tiny head the rest is just that big.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Models are hinting at yet another slow moving multi-day low pressure system to the area on Wed and Thurs.

This is after a front arrives tomorrow afternoon with a potential line of t-storms.

Another 1-2 inches of rain by Friday. shock

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Models are hinting at yet another slow moving multi-day low pressure system to the area on Wed and Thurs.

This is after a front arrives tomorrow afternoon with a potential line of t-storms.

Another 1-2 inches of rain by Friday. shock

frown crazy

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

He hurt his knee a few months back

Yep, here is a video of when it “Went POP”

I assume he is still on medical leave.

-J.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

yea he’s on medical leave, Cody is covering for him the most part..

jwellsy

There should be a new category updated hourly of chemtrail coverage %. I’d also like to track the HARP output power levels exciting the ionosphere.

I do like checking the space weather websites and the national wildfire maps.

Johnny

this coming from the guy who used to create a new thread every time jay siemens posted a video.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Got another good dump of rain overnight here in the Sartell area. Do not have my rain gauge out yet so not sure how much, but it came down fairly good for awhile. Lots of thunder and lightning as well. Sump pump is getting a real workout. The wetland in the back yard is getting rather full. The grass needs mowing already but need the rain to stop long enough to mow it

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I got 1/2 inch. Rained good for about 2+ hours.

My lawn is like a swampy sponge. It needs mowing in some areas too but there’s no way I am going out there with it like it is. And there’s likely more rain coming tomorrow.

CaptainMusky

I got at least 3/4 inch. Didnt dump the gauge but it was pretty close to the top which would be 1 inch.

Jimmy Jones

We got about 3/4″ out of last night’s weather. A few lightning shots and claps of thunder. The weather service had storm warnings for 60 mph winds, hail, and all, but we had a nice rain without the drama.

I did the first mowing as soon as I got back from fishing yesterday. We’re supposed to get more rain tomorrow so I might go out and toss some grass seed in thin spots of the lawn just ahead of it. If it materializes.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.