Cord protector on Helix units

• Pat K
    Empire, MN

People that have installed Helix units, did you use the cord protector that fits on the back? It looks like I would have to take out a couple of screws each time I wanted to remove the head when my boat is docked at a resort or parked at a hotel overnight. Looks inconvenient to disconnect the cords and a reason for thieves to cut them if they did steal the unit.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Raw dog only for me, no protection. Never had an issue

With the helix anyway. I do have two kids lol

blank

Are you talking about the quick connector for Helix 8 and larger?

Pat K
    Empire, MN

Are you talking about the quick connector for Helix 8 and larger?

Yes.
    Can the whole thing be pulled out or plugged in without dealing with the individual cords?

Stanley

I had those on my last boat with helix 9’s. They make removing the locators easy. There’s two little tabs on the back of the plug you depress to connect or remove. You have to take the plug apart to put the individual wires in but after that no tools needed.

blank

Very easy to connect/disconnect as Stanley said, by pressing the tabs on the ends of the connector.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

Thanks for the help. I didn’t have it pictured right in my head.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

came with my boat and you can plug it in blindfolded which is very convenient when you can’t see the back of the unit. super quick to disconnect and remove your head unit, no need to unscrew anything just push the tabs and done.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Somewhere in your box likely also included plugs for the other cord ports you aren’t using… helps keep debris out…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.