2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• tswoboda

Gibson out tonight. He stole a game or 2 from the Wild last year. Should be an easy 2 points right? whistling

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Okay once again I can find no listing for tonight’s season opening wild game on directv. This is a complete pile of crap. Does anyone know what channel the damn game is on directv?

The wild website says ESPN plus. The problem is there’s no channel called ESPN Plus on directv. ESPN HD does not list the wild game is being on.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

For once, I see the wild game scheduled on Hulu yay

The fresh bottle of 101 might limit my viewing though.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Okay once again I can find no listing for tonight’s season opening wild game on directv. This is a complete pile of crap. Does anyone know what channel the damn game is on directv?

The wild website says ESPN plus. The problem is there’s no channel called ESPN Plus on directv. ESPN HD does not list the wild game is being on.

ESPN+ is a streaming app, not a channel…You’ll need one of the following (smart tv, streaming box like Roku, Chromecast or Apple TV or watch from a phone or tablet…

I’ll be streaming from my cabin on an iphone to my tv via a HDMI dongle cable.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’m confused also. My wife says we have ESPN plus (somehow) but I’m still thinking it will be blacked out since we don’t have Bally

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m confused also. My wife says we have ESPN plus (somehow) but I’m still thinking it will be blacked out since we don’t have Bally

Yes somebody is going to have to type very slowly and explain this to me so I can understand. I have DirecTV and a 3 billion dollar per month satellite bill there has to be some way I can get this stupid ESPN plus channel without subscribing to another damn service.

Can anyone enlighten me?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Sob! It looks like their app doesn’t allow phone playback through a tv via the hdmi dongle cable…i guess i’m watching the game on a 5” screen tonight…maybe they’ll fix it in an app update..

The Bally’s app allows it! I hate these companies restricting how I can watch even when I pay for it…

JoeMX1825
    MN

it’s not a Bally telecast tonight…ESPN+ exclusive

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

We’ll, I’ll be darned. My wife had somehow gotten ESPN plus (via streaming)and I am watching the game!

(Ps. We have Dish and got screwed last year due to FSN / Bally contract disputes)

KG25
    Lakeville, MN

Apparently there will be like 6 or 7 games this year for the Wild that are exclusively on ESPN+, which sucks if you don’t have a subscription already.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The ESPN+ subscription is well worth it imo if you like watching hockey!

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

This announcing is so bad.

Ice Cap

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

Yes somebody is going to have to type very slowly and explain this to me so I can understand. I have DirecTV and a 3 billion dollar per month satellite bill there has to be some way I can get this stupid ESPN plus channel without subscribing to another damn service.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Download the ESPN app and then click on the ESPN + tab and pay $6.99 a month and you will have it. I have DirecTv streaming as well and that’s life with the new NHL tv contract. They won’t get another dime from me. I’m watching Michigan and UMD.

Dan
    Southeast MN

We have Dish and got screwed last year due to FSN / Bally contract disputes

That’s going on with Dish too? What providers even carry Bally anymore?

KG25
    Lakeville, MN

This announcing is so bad.

I agree and maybe it’s just my tv but the on ice sounds seem quiet.

Tom schmitt

It doesn’t matter if you have balls, if it’s on espn+ that’s the only way to see it.

Ripjiggen

Announcing sounds like Olympic water polo.

Jensen

Good start to season. Foligno to win with 7 seconds remaining in regulation.

Ice Cap

I couldn’t watch but checked out the goal highlights. Did Anaheim improve that much or are the Wild flat? Didn’t think it should be that hard to beat the Ducks. They must feel like the Vikings sneaking away with the win over Detroit.

Ripjiggen

It’s hockey and game 1 on the road.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I couldn’t watch but checked out the goal highlights. Did Anaheim improve that much or are the Wild flat? Didn’t think it should be that hard to beat the Ducks. They must feel like the Vikings sneaking away with the win over Detroit.

Ducks have improved over last year for sure, their backup goalie stood on his head too! Good win after week off with not alot of practice time… big test will be tonight against a much improved Kings team…

Ripjiggen

No such thing as a bad win in the NHL.

Thought Duhaime was good. Whole 4th line was solid actually.

Gaudreau was actually really good. Need him to play like that every game.

I know Wilson and Reeves are the two big heavy weights in the NHL but man anyone that wants to drop the gloves with Foligno is nuts. He is so strong and does so much more than the two meat heads.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Any one else have the game jump back 5 minutes on the app? It was very frustrating to watch the game and the announcing was horrible! I could not stand the monotone calls.

I’m glad only a few games will only be on espn plus. Looks like 69 games this year on Bally and thank god!

Ripjiggen

Nice response to the PP goal. Gaudreau with another solid game so far.

tswoboda

Victor Rask #1C sighting

Ripjiggen

Dominating right now. To bad Duhaime didn’t get his first. Foligno looking like the great one.😂

A lot of on ice noise in the telecast. Heard a lot of F bombs tonight.

Funny with Rask he was terrible in the first then snipes one.

Would like to see a race between Duhaime and Fiala. I think Duhaime wins.

tswoboda

Would like to see a race between Duhaime and Fiala. I think Duhaime wins.

Straight line end to end speed probably goes to Duhaime. Fiala can do some crazy stuff with his edges though. I was not prepared for how fast Duhaime is. They said good skater, but that dude can fly!

tswoboda

A lot of on ice noise in the telecast. Heard a lot of F bombs tonight.

Sounds like it’s all coming from the benches.

Viewing 30 posts - 751 through 780 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.