Old TOPIC..SORRY

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

What are people running for props on there 115 Yamahas? I think I spun my hub this week and I think it’s a pretty old prop so I’m thinking I might go Stainless. I for the life of me can’t find the numbers on this prop. Looks like she’s been painted a couple times. I do have a glass 20’Skeeter, so it’s a heavy boat. Thanks in advance..

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

I have a 2021 115 Yamaha on my 620t and the info on the prop is 19K, 6E5, Y-2

It’s the stock aluminum.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Chappy you sure your prop isn’t stainless? Yamaha use to have black painted props I believe.

btyreprich
    Rhinelander, WI

I have a Yamaha 150 hp and the two props that came with the boat are black in color. Dealer salesman said that any outboard larger than a 150 hp motor must have stainless steel props. Something to the effect the larger outboards will actually bend the prop blades.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I have a Yamaha 150 hp and the two props that came with the boat are black in color. Dealer salesman said that any outboard larger than a 150 hp motor must have stainless steel props. Something to the effect the larger outboards will actually bend the prop blades.

your dealer must not do much boating in rivers? my F150 has a black aluminum prop and read that it is better for your prop to flex instead of your lower unit. i have yet to test this theory and hope to never have to

gregory
    Red wing,mn

If it was me I would put on a Yamaha turbo stainless prop, good all around prop and not super expensive. I would figure out what size aluminum you’re currently running and if it performs well with it I would step it down two sizes in stainless. So if you’re currently running a 19p I would go down to a 17p. This is in a turbo application and keeping a similar diameter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.