2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• CaptainMusky

I’m basing some of this on the fact that Kirill switched agents before he was about to leave the KHL and sign with the Wild…

Who was his other agent? Milstein? Technically Milstein wasnt representing him if that is who you are thinking.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    I’m basing some of this on the fact that Kirill switched agents before he was about to leave the KHL and sign with the Wild…

Who was his other agent? Milstein? Technically Milstein wasnt representing him if that is who you are thinking.

I was thinking of Milstein…wasnt there someone else before him too??

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

At this point I’m ready for BG to tell the kid to have a great season in Moscow. This is getting ridiculous. I understand the Wild desperately need his skill, I understand KK probably doesn’t like where this team is headed in the next couple years. But the contract offers need to stop and a line needs to be drawn so we can move forward.

Ice Cap

At this point I’m ready for BG to tell the kid to have a great season in Moscow. This is getting ridiculous. I understand the Wild desperately need his skill, I understand KK probably doesn’t like where this team is headed in the next couple years. But the contract offers need to stop and a line needs to be drawn so we can move forward.

That’s about where I’m at. Sounds like the offers have stopped. I gather there are at least two if not three offers presented at different terms and all at or around 9 mill each. For a kid with no other choices and he can’t pick one that’s agreeable to him pretty much means one thing. He really does not want to be here. At all. Of all the different scenarios we have all come up with I think that’s the reality.

He wants to spend a hot minute here and move on out. I’m guessing BG and the Wild want at least two of his free agent years with two years being a absolute minimum they would not really be entirely happy with. I don’t know if Panarin influenced him but it seems more likely to me Theofanous probably pursued him and convinced him to sign on with him.

Anyway if true, a player who does not want to be part of a team can bring some issues to the locker room. Maybe time to let him sit a year and then see what our prospects look like and trade him next year.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I see GMBG standing firm and the Kaprizov camp caves on their demands, no way he sits out the season or goes back to the JV KHL… hopefully its a learning experience for him…
    Yes i’m an optimist….

Ripjiggen

Yeah either way this sucks. Sorry got nothing else to say for now.

Ice Cap

I see GMBG standing firm and the Kaprizov camp caves on their demands, no way he sits out the season or goes back to the JV KHL… hopefully its a learning experience for him…
    Yes i’m an optimist….

I think you’re right that BG has made their final offer or offers. And KK may cave but what’s his choice? None. That’s what’s making this so ridiculous is that he has no other choice if he wants to play here. What’s he holding out for? I doubt it’s money. If it is it’s even more ridiculous. At 9 mill he’s getting paid with other super stars in the league based on a 55 game sample size.

I wonder at what point this becomes embarassing for the Wild as a franchise that they can’t get the kid to take 9 mill for a few years and have to come out and publicly say what his hang up is to shift that back on agent and player. I seriously doubt KK is sitting in the background ignorant about the process and what’s going on. He has his translator as well as other people around him to make sure he understands.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Wild don’t have to say anything. If the 9 mil is true they made a more than fair offer. He can go to the KHL for a year and the Wild can offer him 5 mil next year. Inmates, no matter how good they might be can’t run the asylum.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hell at this point they could pull the offer to him and give Pettersson an offer and see if they can get a top C. I haven’t agreed with Ice Cap much up until now, but man, it sure seems like he has no interest in being a part of this team the longer this goes. Seems like he wants to get the least amount of time here before he hits free agency and probably tries to join Panerin.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m not getting the offer sheet ideas, do you really want to pay Petterson $8-10 aav AND pay the huge haul of potential multiple 1st,2nd, 3rd round picks in what many consider 2 of the top generational draft classes the NHL has seen in a long time? and the odds of us having a higher pick are unfortunately looking better every day Kap isn’t signed…

I don’t…

Brady Thachuk turned down an $8×8 offer from Ottawa so Kaprizov isnt the only crazy RFA out there…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Not really. I’m just bitter…… jester

CaptainMusky

There are few teams that could afford a Kaprizov contract. We’ve talked about this before. Arizona is about the only place perhaps Seattle. He’s not going anywhere and they can’t offer sheet him anyway. It makes no sense to offer sheet Petterson however nice that would be Vancouver can match because they have space since capftiendly shows them with over the rostered players. Kaprizov will get done. He might miss a bit of camp but this won’t linger.

Ripjiggen

I normally would agree with you but in 2-3 years when in reality that is when he wants his contract to end there are plenty of teams that could maneuver in that time frame in time to offer him a contract. I think thinking only one or two teams has the means of signing him in 2-3 years is a little short sighted.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I normally would agree with you but in 2-3 years when in reality that is when he wants his contract to end there are plenty of teams that could maneuver in that time frame in time to offer him a contract. I think thinking only one or two teams has the means of signing him in 2-3 years is a little short sighted.

Exactly. Right now no. But when whatever bridge deal he signs you better believe teams will be trying to have cap space ready.

Ice Cap

Well if he signs it will be the shortest option available to him I’m sure. And then he may ask for a trade after two years. Then what do you force him to stay for 2 or 3 years more when he does not want to be here and he says so? Things could get uglier after this year because I will bet two nickels Fiala prices himself outta here after this year. I can’t blame him he’s been treated like the red haired step child.

Ice Cap

Reminder the Wild prospect showcase against the Blackhawks is this weekend. Fridays game is at 7pm and Sundays game is at 1pm. Both games are going to be streamed on the Wild’s You Tube channel. Should be fun watching.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQRr7SxnnndFYuuRUtOIEnA

Unfortunately I’ll be up at the lake and I can’t stream for crap up there! evil

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

Exactly. Right now no. But when whatever bridge deal he signs you better believe teams will be trying to have cap space ready.

I was talking right now. In a couple years absolutely there will be a significant number of teams he could sign with.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Test

CaptainMusky

Are any of you going to the practices or if a season ticket holder going to the scrimmage? The scrimmages are going to be streamed on the Wild YouTube channel so be sure to check that out if you have interest.
    Interesting development is the Khovanov isnt here and apparently is having Visa issues and will not be at prospect OR training camp, but is said to be headed to Iowa. I haven’t heard exactly what the issues are, but I believe its been held up for months. Seems odd.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Are any of you going to the practices or if a season ticket holder going to the scrimmage? The scrimmages are going to be streamed on the Wild YouTube channel so be sure to check that out if you have interest.
    Interesting development is the Khovanov isnt here and apparently is having Visa issues and will not be at prospect OR training camp, but is said to be headed to Iowa. I haven’t heard exactly what the issues are, but I believe its been held up for months. Seems odd.

I’ll watch the live streams, they actually do a decent job on them…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I think you’re right that BG has made their final offer or offers. And KK may cave but what’s his choice? None. That’s what’s making this so ridiculous is that he has no other choice if he wants to play here. What’s he holding out for? I doubt it’s money. If it is it’s even more ridiculous. At 9 mill he’s getting paid with other super stars in the league based on a 55 game sample size.

I agree. The current radio silence from both sides would indicate that the Wild have made their final offer at $9m x 5 and the ball is in Kaprisov’s court. He and his agent are making a show of wanting more but in the end this is an offer that they have very little choice but to take. But they still want to send the message that they aren’t happy.

The Kaprisov saga was handled badly by both sides from day 1. Starting with his original agent who clearly wanted to keep him in Russia for as long as possible, to Fletcher’s cold shoulder approach, to burning a year of his ELC, and somewhere along the way it’s clear Kaprisov determined the Wild are going nowhere and he deserves a much better ready-made team.

What I’m wondering is that even if Kaprisov were a UFA today, what does he think is going to happen given the cap issues around the league? Does he think a talent-loaded team like the Oilers or Tampa is going to pick him up AND pay him $9.5 or $10m a year on a 5+ year deal? Where would they get the cap space? Doesn’t he or his agent get that you can’t steer yourself into both a cup-ready team AND have your $10m per year because none of these teams have any cap space to begin with and this isn’t likely to change?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Does he think a talent-loaded team like the Oilers or Tampa is going to pick him up AND pay him $9.5 or $10m a year on a 5+ year deal? Where would they get the cap space? Doesn’t he or his agent get that you can’t steer yourself into both a cup-ready team AND have your $10m per year because none of these teams have any cap space to begin with and this isn’t likely to change?

I’ve been saying this for awhile now, IF his argument is that he wants to play for an established team with a true shot at the cup in the next 1-4 years, those teams already have the upper salary makeup of their team set and would need to give up big important chunks of their locker room just to afford taking on Kaprizov’s contract, not going to happen…IF he wants to be in a top coast market, teams like LA and Anaheim have the cap space and prospect pool that could make a trade possible…

If he wants the big bucks, he needs to build into a young team around him, this is EXACTLY what the Wild are trying to do….

JoeMX1825
    MN

Rossi was the 1st player on the ice today (of course he was) this kid’s heart and desire is going to be an awesome influence on the team moving forward…

CaptainMusky

Rossi was the 1st player on the ice today (of course he was) this kid’s heart and desire is going to be an awesome influence on the team moving forward…

That is absolutely zero surprise. The only surprise was that Addison cut his hair! He kept the caterpillar however LOL

JoeMX1825
    MN

The only surprise was that Addison cut his hair! He kept the caterpillar however LOL

No!!! say it ain’t so! “Dancing Rick” from the Starsky & Hutch movie cut his dirty salad?

Attachments:
    1. test2.jpg

CaptainMusky

Jessi Pearce posted a pick of him getting on the ice and it was indeed shorter. Disappointing, but appears true. Unless he had some sort of ARodge manbun thing LOL

Ripjiggen

Grouse I tried to explain it earlier and quoted again later but it didn’t post. Annoying.
    He is not UFA this season so that doesn’t matter. I know you were saying what if. If he signs let’s say a two year extension then he basically plays this year and next and gets traded before he hits UFA, or plays all 3 which would be unlikely and becomes a UFA.
    If you think some good teams or more up and coming teams than the wild can’t move players or money around for him in 2-3 seasons I think is a little silly. Pretty sure that is exactly what he is trying to do is get to UFA as quick as possible for that exact reason.
    Don’t understand why people keep saying the wild and one other team are the only ones that can afford him. Today yes 3 years from now I disagree.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Any of you guys know about this Adam Beckman kid? Russo’s last article listed him as a kid that gets forgotten about because everyone is talking about Boldy and Rossi. Kids put up some numbers.

“Adam Beckman – Addison, Boldy and Rossi always seem to be grouped together as roster hopefuls, but considering the Wild may need to elevate two to three forwards to the NHL, don’t sleep on Beckman, who scored five points in nine games in the AHL last season, then returned to Spokane in the WHL and scored 17 goals and 27 points in 21 games.

In 2019-20, Beckman, 20, led the Chiefs with a league-leading 48 goals and 107 points and was named the WHL’s Player of the Year.

“You can tell, he’s a goal scorer and he’s a shooter,” Bombardir said. “He’s got great legs underneath them. So he can produce some space and scoring opportunities with his feet and his legs. Still needs to continue to mature physically, to continue to get stronger. We’re big proponents of strength over size. Your body knows where it wants to get to as far as size goes, but strength, you can always continue to improve. And he’s put the work in this summer again. But we would expect him to play with this high energy, with his great legs, and to shoot the puck whenever he gets the opportunity to do so.

“He was great in Iowa, but he does have some junior hockey habits that he just has to learn to get away from, not unlike most of the other guys, too. So that area of the game’s just got to improve. Just taking care of the puck, managing the puck coming out of the D-zone. If he gets that figured out, he’ll be pushing for a job here.”

JoeMX1825
    MN

Any of you guys know about this Adam Beckman kid? Russo’s last article listed him as a kid that gets forgotten about because everyone is talking about Boldy and Rossi. Kids put up some numbers.

“Adam Beckman – Addison, Boldy and Rossi always seem to be grouped together as roster hopefuls, but considering the Wild may need to elevate two to three forwards to the NHL, don’t sleep on Beckman, who scored five points in nine games in the AHL last season, then returned to Spokane in the WHL and scored 17 goals and 27 points in 21 games.

In 2019-20, Beckman, 20, led the Chiefs with a league-leading 48 goals and 107 points and was named the WHL’s Player of the Year.

“You can tell, he’s a goal scorer and he’s a shooter,” Bombardir said. “He’s got great legs underneath them. So he can produce some space and scoring opportunities with his feet and his legs. Still needs to continue to mature physically, to continue to get stronger. We’re big proponents of strength over size. Your body knows where it wants to get to as far as size goes, but strength, you can always continue to improve. And he’s put the work in this summer again. But we would expect him to play with this high energy, with his great legs, and to shoot the puck whenever he gets the opportunity to do so.

“He was great in Iowa, but he does have some junior hockey habits that he just has to learn to get away from, not unlike most of the other guys, too. So that area of the game’s just got to improve. Just taking care of the puck, managing the puck coming out of the D-zone. If he gets that figured out, he’ll be pushing for a job here.”

He’s been one of the best goal scorers in the WHL the past few seasons and has greatly exceeded his draft expectations. He got some games in Iowa last year and continued to score goals. This is supposed to be the year he legitimately has a shot at an NHL job. I believe his NHL projection was increased from bottom 6 to top 6 last year. My guess is they have him play in Iowa all year before starting his elc next year to stagger contracts out a bit. His best attribute is his shot and thankfully you never need to tell him to shoot the puck… he needs to continue to build out his frame though, him skating next to Boldy is a good example of an NHL frame and not…Boldy is a beast and looks like he added another 10-15 pounds of muscle this offseason…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Anybody tune into the NHL network to listen to GMBG at 5:00pm today? Curious if he said anything new?

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.