2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Will we surpass the 126 pages last years thread hit? probably depends on how quickly Kirill signs yet )

I’m optimistic this team will as good if not better than last years team, mostly because I don’t think the Suter/Soucy/Cole losses will be that big…but we shall see!

All 2021-2022 Hockey talk should now be under this thread moving forward.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Rookie camp starts next week, will be cool to see the prospect tourney vs Chicago, hopefully they stream it on Wild TV

CaptainMusky

Yeah, the prospects are going to be fun to watch. Rossi is in the states, but I dont know if he is in THIS state or not. He posted a pic earlier of a plane on the runway in DC, but he recently took that photo down???

JoeMX1825
    MN

he’s gotta be in MN, I believe he needs to stay in quarantine for week though now…

CaptainMusky

I would think he would be too, but I didnt know how the quarantine thing worked. Do they quarantine where they initially fly into? Or once they reach their final destination?

stevenoak

Not Wild specific. But am I the only one that it seems there were a lot of stupid selfish penalties in the playoffs last year. That ended up maybe changing the outcome of games, and possibly series. Montreal in particular. With what being in the Stanley Cup Playoffs means to that city after a long drought. I would think in that very well once in a life time chance. For your dream since 3 or 4 years old. You could get past a uncalled slash or cheap shot. For your teammates, city or yourself.

Ice Cap

KK will have to get a work visa, meet all NHL and out of country covid protocols and get the jab and quarantine. The Sputnik jab is not approved by WHO and therefore not approved by the NHL. Maybe his hesitancy is mixing jabs?

According to Russo money and terms have not been accepted by KK yet to his knowledge so the structure of the contract haven’t been discussed yet.
    Everyday that goes by now means less of a chance to make training camp. If he signs today it’s going to be a challenge to make it.

This is now on KK. Agent works for player and if KK wanted this done it would be. It’s now becoming a team distraction and some players have to be going wtf is going on here?

JoeMX1825
    MN

KK will have to get a work visa, meet all NHL and out of country covid protocols and get the jab and quarantine. The Sputnik jab is not approved by WHO and therefore not approved by the NHL. Maybe his hesitancy is mixing jabs?

According to Russo money and terms have not been accepted by KK yet to his knowledge so the structure of the contract haven’t been discussed yet.
    Everyday that goes by now means less of a chance to make training camp. If he signs today it’s going to be a challenge to make it.

This is now on KK. Agent works for player and if KK wanted this done it would be. It’s now becoming a team distraction and some players have to be going wtf is going on here?

I now agree with this and its now all on Kirill… I thought he was all about the game, but its looking more and more like he’s just doesnt want to be here or its just about money… he’s already been offered more $ than he can spend in 2 lifetimes…The optics look bad for him, hopefully he figures it out soon, I won’t fully dog him until he actually misses camp though otherwise its all still speculation…

Does anybody remember the details of Gaborik’s holdout? Was it his bridge deal after his rookie contract? I know it went 10 or so games into the season before he signed….

CaptainMusky

A Russian correspondent who had broken news earlier about Kirill and the “threat” of signing in the KHL (that it wasnt going to happen) just tweeted the KK97 is traveling to US on Sept 13th and will be signing his contract for 5 years. HUGE news if true. He has been right before.

JoeMX1825
    MN

A Russian correspondent who had broken news earlier about Kirill and the “threat” of signing in the KHL (that it wasnt going to happen) just tweeted the KK97 is traveling to US on Sept 13th and will be signing his contract for 5 years. HUGE news if true. He has been right before.

I saw that! Waiting for the tsn guys to scoop it before I believe it…

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

I saw that! Waiting for the tsn guys to scoop it before I believe it…

I’m waiting for Russo. -)

CaptainMusky

Ha, Russo entered the chat and said its completely not true. Dangit!

Ripjiggen

I agree but just because the money and terms have not been accepted the structure of the contract has definitely been discussed with him and his agent. I am sure in several different variations.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Anyone heard anything on the TV aspects of this coming season? I was under the assumption that with the new TV deal that I’d be able to watch the wild without paying exclusively for Bally Sports? Will they be “blacking out” the national channels thru ESPN/TNT? The more I look, the more I think I’m wrong & will have to spend another season of watching highlights the next day or after the game is over on the NHL app..

CaptainMusky

I havent read how many Wild games would be on the ESPN or other networks. Of course nearly every game would be on Bally Sports, but unfortunately for some they dont have that option. It sounded like a deal was getting close for a couple of the providers recently.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I’m sure it will be like when the Wild played on NBCSN and the games one Bally/FSN got blacked out.

CaptainMusky

I’m sure it will be like when the Wild played on NBCSN and the games one Bally/FSN got blacked out.

Generally when they are on one of those networks Bally Sports doesnt even broadcast the game so its technically not blacked out.

Ice Cap

New article up on the Athletic by Russo. The Wild and the KK camp have not talked in over a week. Sounds like Guerin has made several offers that he feels are very, very fair. KK is not going to make training camp you can bank that now. All offers have been in the 9 mill range.

BG says there are some “obstacles” but nothing specific was said. Imo the kid wants to play the absolute minimum amount of time here and BG wants at least two years of his free agency. He does not want to be here. Not enough talent around him is my guess and he does not see how they are going to improve the talent in the next few years with the dead cap hit.

Maybe KK feels the clock ticking at 24. The next few years will be his prime after all. I say too damn bad. You wasted 5 years and left millions on the table by not coming here sooner. And that is not the Minnesota Wild’s fault.

JoeMX1825
    MN

It’s getting to the point of GMBG telling the Kaprizov camp to take the $9×5 offer or have fun playing in the KHL and wondering “what if all year” and hoping he doesn’t get hurt…

GMBG can’t back down or this will happen with other players/agents in the future.

Ice Cap

It’s getting to the point of GMBG telling the Kaprizov camp to take the $9×5 offer or have fun playing in the KHL and wondering “what if all year” and hoping he doesn’t get hurt…

That was actually brought up if BG would pull the offer and let him stay in Russia but BG indicated he’s not quite there yet. Sounds to me like he’s at least considered it then. Russo keeps pointing out as some of us have, that he’s played 55 NHL games against seven teams. Most of them bad teams and the Wild are willing to throw 9 mill at him. Which imo is risky. The biggest cap hit in the history of the NHL for a player with that small of a body of work!

What Russo made clear is BG and the Wild have made their offers at different terms all around 9 mill. KK can buy a lot of Borscht for that. Meh, I’m rooting for BG to pull the offer at this point and move on. Hey we got a great prospect pool!

CaptainMusky

I think there is more to this than just the salary and term. Its been mentioned here and by Russo that in order to be able to travel to Canada and play games he would either have to quarantine for a period of days before playing, which wouldnt work unless it was an extremely long road trip OR he would have to get an WHO approved vaccine which his Sputnik V shot is not.
    It could be around reservations of mixing vaccines as there hasnt been much study regarding this especially with Sputnik. There has been limited research mixing Pfizer and Moderna and even AstraZeneca.
    Friedman was on NHL Network last night and when talking about Petterson’s negotiating he said “we will see where Kaprizov’s deal comes in this week and see how that impacts Petterson.”

JoeMX1825
    MN

as we’ve all been saying, this is a unique contract…you’re paying for his prime years based on only 56 NHL games BUT you’ve also seen him dominate the KHL for 4+ years and lead the Olympics in goals including the golden goal, the kid has exceeded expectations at EVERY level he’s ever played at and other than the Olympics (where he played on a line with Pavel Datsyuk) he’s never had another star player to play with to help him get bigger numbers… There’s been some who said he’ll be a pain in the a$$ NEXT contract as well, but I really don’t see it that way. After this contract (5 years?) we’ll know EXACTLY the type of player Kaprizov is and if he’s a superstar, you pay him like a superstar, if he was a flash in the pan and doesn’t turn into a superstar, you pay accordingly, it’s pretty simple…

I’ve also tried to look at this saga from Kaprizov’s side. I think his viewpoint is that he’s giving up his prime years to a team with no current center options (but promising prospects that are most likely still 1-2 years away from being productive) as well as $12-$14 million is dead cap space the next 4 years in a flat cap world…Yes, part of that is because he chose to stay in the KHL vs signing with the Wild 4 years ago, but it is what it is…

Just get the damn deal done! and we can all look forward to hockey being back!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Nothing good to see here. Carry on.

Ice Cap

I think there is more to this than just the salary and term. Its been mentioned here and by Russo that in order to be able to travel to Canada and play games he would either have to quarantine for a period of days before playing, which wouldnt work unless it was an extremely long road trip OR he would have to get an WHO approved vaccine which his Sputnik V shot is not.
    It could be around reservations of mixing vaccines as there hasnt been much study regarding this especially with Sputnik. There has been limited research mixing Pfizer and Moderna and even AstraZeneca.
    Friedman was on NHL Network last night and when talking about Petterson’s negotiating he said “we will see where Kaprizov’s deal comes in this week and see how that impacts Petterson.”

I also speculated earlier he may have resistance to mixing jabs and if that’s his entire hang up I will be the first to say I don’t blame him one bit. I surely would not without being absolutely certain it was safe to do so and that would entail long term data and studies. Obviously no time for that to happen his career would be over. I doubt Friedman knows something Russo does not with a imminent contract with KK. He was most likely just assuming there will be one.

I have wondered if he just is not happier at home in Russia. His first year here must have sucked with the Covid isolation crap and if you are a pro athlete the league restrictions are even harsher. All the pro leagues are scared to death of another shutdown and are going above and beyond and putting forth every effort to see that does not happen. Maybe he does not want to go through that again. Truth is we are just fans and will never be privy to all the wherefores and why’s of why he won’t sign and stays in Russia or why it took so long to sign if he does.

JoeMX1825
    MN

He would have signed with CSKA in the KHL if that was the case… He wants to play in the NHL and is just letting his DBag agent run the show… I never would have thought he would miss camp as the kid seems like a rink rat, but it looks like its heading in that direction.

again, Gabby held out 10 games into the regular season during his 2nd contract negotiations, so this is not unheard of…I read that the Petterson/Hughes/Tkachuk negotiations are still very far apart as well… one thing all of these players have in common, they are all the most important players on their team and they know it….

CaptainMusky

I doubt Friedman knows something Russo does not with a imminent contract with KK. He was most likely just assuming there will be one.

Oh, I know. Russo is about the only reporter who beats Friedman to anything. He was just assuming it would get done which even though talks have stalled, could happen at any second. I keep tracking his instagram to see if he posts any recent pics. The most recent must be his parents beautiful home and a puppy and one wishing his brother happy birthday.

Ice Cap

He would have signed with CSKA in the KHL if that was the case… He wants to play in the NHL and is just letting his DBag agent run the show… I never would have thought he would miss camp as the kid seems like a rink rat, but it looks like its heading in that direction.

again, Gabby held out 10 games into the regular season during his 2nd contract negotiations, so this is not unheard of…I read that the Petterson/Hughes/Tkachuk negotiations are still very far apart as well… one thing all of these players have in common, they are all the most important players on their team and they know it….

I’m guessing the KHL would find a good paying spot for him if he suddenly decided to stay in Russia. Yes his agent is a D-bag but it still reflects poorly on KK. It’s starting to look like one D-bag hiding behind another D-bag. Agent works for player the player holds the power at the end of the day. The other players mentioned have at least one other option KK does not. They could be offer sheeted. KK has no choice. None. Play here or stay where you are. Done and done.

CaptainMusky

The other players mentioned have at least one other option KK does not. They could be offer sheeted. KK has no choice. None. Play here or stay where you are. Done and done.

Petterson can be offer-sheeted as can Tkatchuk, but Quinn is in the same spot as Kaprizov because he cannot. They were talking about it on NHL Network last night.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

I’m guessing the KHL would find a good paying spot for him if he suddenly decided to stay in Russia. Yes his agent is a D-bag but it still reflects poorly on KK. It’s starting to look like one D-bag hiding behind another D-bag. Agent works for player the player holds the power at the end of the day. The other players mentioned have at least one other option KK does not. They could be offer sheeted. KK has no choice. None. Play here or stay where you are. Done and done.

I think the language difference/unfamiliarity with how the NHL works are barriers against Kirill in this situation though to some degree… I could totally see Panarin telling Kirill to sign with Thanoufus and then leave it all upto the agent, don’t worry about anything else other than hockey…I’m basing some of this on the fact that Kirill switched agents before he was about to leave the KHL and sign with the Wild…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.