2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Didn’t cost them anything? Sure but most teams trading Dandonov would have received some sort of asset in return. Vegas did not.

They also would likely require some salary going back to Vegas….this was a rare situation where both teams were desparate and the trade was the best outcome they could have hoped for…Carey Price could put the Candiens right back in the LTIR situation they were in with Weber…

tswoboda

Can we agree that this LTIR situation (for a player with zero chance of a comeback) is different than losing a player to injury during the season LTIR? My mistake was trying to blend the two together…

100% different and just about every NHL fan makes that same mistake. The general narrative around LTIR and especially these fake retirement contracts drives me nuts. Sadly it’s fueled by beat writers and talking heads who keep insisting that these contracts are helping teams that acquire them.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Pretty crazy that Weber went from playing some of the best hockey of his career in the Cup run for Montreal, to basically retiring from hockey due to injury a month later in the offseason…I can’t imagine what they must have been pumping into his body to keep him going all playoffs….

Ripjiggen

Brutal reality of playoff hockey…

tswoboda

Yeah Weber battled injuries pretty much his entire time in Montreal too so it’s the culmination of everything and he’s finally had enough. The big man played a rough style and it took a toll on his body – similar to Seabrook, well except that Weber could still play.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Would be nice if D-Lo could produce like Maroon…

JoeMX1825
    MN

great Beyond the POD podcast from a few days ago with Judd Brackett, always like listening to him….

JoeMX1825
    MN

Sounds like Dewer is close to a 2 year 1 way contract…

So do they keep D-Lo or Jost?

tswoboda

Kirill #7 in Hart voting… He even got 2 first place votes! That’s gotta be another record for a Wild player, right?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Kirill #7 in Hart voting… He even got 2 first place votes! That’s gotta be another record for a Wild player, right?

oh for sure, maybe Staal or Gaborik got a vote or two in their best years here, but certainly no 1st place votes…I watched a highlight video of his season today, the kid had an absolute monster year! I’m glad Seider won the Calder, that dude is a beast…RedWings are going to be a force in 3-4 years, they’ve hit home runs on their past 4 1st rounders (Cosa still tbd)

JoeMX1825
    MN

Dewey #2 officially signed 2 x $800k (1-way contract) this is a cheaper aav than his ELC, great value contract for GMBG!

Hopefully Middleton is next!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Tampa had nothing in that OT, stick a fork in them…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I agree. Even after their dominant first period, the rest of the game was titled back towards the Avalanche. I think it ends on Friday in Denver.

JoeMX1825
    MN

time for some reckless speculation….I think this Devils trade has a good chance of happening because it makes so much sense for BOTH teams and keeps the #2 pick out of the discussion…

Wild trades BOTH Fiala and Talbot to Devils
    Wild receives Alexander Holtz or Dawson Mercer + Devils 2022 & 2023 2nd round picks…

I think GMBG would be happy to get either Holtz or Mercer, both are still on their ELC (Mercer 2 years left, Holtz 3 years) both are right hand shots, both are NHL ready and would make the Wild’s roster and both would fill important positions (Center & Left Wing) both address huge organizational needs…

the cherry ontop are the two 2nd round picks…both allow the Wild to move up draft slots not only this draft (Wild could pool multiple 2nd’s for another late 1st rounder) but more importantly in next years generational draft…

Wild signs Flower on a 2 year extension, signs a cheap backup on a 1 year deal, Wallstedt starts in Iowa this year, takes over as the Wild’s backup next year and ultimately takes over as the the starter in year 3…

The only other team I think has a legitimate shot at Fiala is Ottowa (I don’t think GMBG trades to anybody in the West UNLESS the Kings make an offer he can’t refuse) The BEST offer I could see Ottowa doing would be their #7 pick, prospect Ridley Grieg and perhaps some additional 2nd-4th round draft picks in this or next years draft…The big question with Ottowa though is would Fiala want to sign long term?

with the Cup likely handed to the Avs on Friday, you’ll start to see alot more chatter on trade speculation with the NHL draft only 2 weeks away…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yes, It was like how many pipes can Colorado hit before one goes in?

Bye bye Bolts.

basseyes

Both teams were spent, but the avs just had more fumes left in the tank. Kuempers assistant was pretty heads up on his part and other than that soft back hander he let in he played well. The first goal he tried blocking and almost did with his helmet off. He seemed pissed after that. The coaching decision to have him play the puck more won the game and he played it pretty good most of the game. Tampa played the avs speed pretty good and did a valiant job slowing them down to a point. But the avs just kept coming and didn’t stop even though it wasn’t easy. Gotta give the avs and Tampa a lotta credit and other than some weird no calls was a fun game to watch. Refs swallowed their whistles and just let them play. Nothing dirty or flagrant, just a hard fought hockey game.

JoeMX1825
    MN

GMBG on kfan right now for the next hour, they are currently running through Russo’s fan survey questions… lol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

“I assume you were watching the game last night” says DB,

“You assumed wrong” says BG.

rotflol

JoeMX1825
    MN

Dang…I thought Tampa was done… now the Vasey career game 6 & 7 record comes into play…

very tough news for Wild prospect Pavel Novak, hopefully they caught his cancer diagnosis early and he makes a full recovery!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Entertaining game 6 so far. Officiating is not very good though. Tampa is getting away with too much. Maroon should have been ejected after that two handed chop to the back of Manson after the goal.

Ice Cap

Darcy Kuemper has a Stanley Cup ring and I’m sure he will show the Wild bench his ring finger every time we play the Avalanche. Well he’s earned it I guess.

JoeMX1825
    MN

at least we wont have to watch Pat Maroon skate around the ice showing 4 fingers while the rest of the team was showing 3 had the Bolts won…

Darcy quieted the haters (me included)

Let the offseason begin!!!

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE RETIRED NOW… 240 pages! Gotta be a record?!?

CaptainMusky

ANyone here personally know MPLSPUG? He was a regular contributor here and this thread especially, but I havent seen him active in months. I creeped his profile and it looks like he hasnt been online in like 10 months. I hope he is OK.
    Glad the Cup is over. I spent last week in Canada fishing LOTW. Fishing was pretty dang good, but weather was not. Lost at least a full day due to weather and making camp. We were able to watch one game in the bar on the way up and listen to another while at camp. If anything could go wrong it did. Island was flooded as I expected so we had to build a new camp. The guy who brings the grill and stove didnt bring propane tanks, storms rocked us Monday night with 70 plus MPH winds and heavy rain for 1.5 hrs. I was genuinely getting concerned it was so bad. I am done camping! There is a Air BnB 5 miles away on an island that would cost $280 per night or per person for the week. That is only $200 more than our camping permits plus we wouldnt have to bring 80% of the crap we do.
    OK, we need a new thread about the upcoming season and offseason. Hoping the Fiala situation is figured out soon. I havent heard much chatter lately as Ive been out of the loop.

AK Guy

So much for my prognostication. A few pages back I said the AV’s would choke. Clearly they did not. I wonder what Sturm and Jost are thinking about their trade right now.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The way the Avs were playing I think they would have won with me in the pipes. Tampa was skating up hill all night and Kuemper didn’t see many quality chances in the 3rd.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

and Kuemper didn’t see many quality chances in the 3rd.

Prior to when Tampa pulled their goalie, they only had 2 shots on goal the entire third period and one of those was from the blue line. Tough to tie the game when you can’t generate any offense.

tswoboda

Well it’s about time this Colorado team got over the hump. They’ve been dominant since Makar’s debut and finally carried that past the 1st round. 4 playoff losses en route to the cup is incredible. This team is young and will be a roadblock out of the West for years to come.

CaptainMusky

They have some work to do to fill out the roster with 25M in Cap Space, but their core should be relatively in tact for at least next year. Odds are they lose Kadri though unless he takes a bargain deal.

CaptainMusky

Yeah that happened when he tripped coming into the pile for the team photo. The reaction pics are hilarious because all the players had shocked/concerned looks on their faces. The guy who handles the Cup all year was interviewed and said that was the fastest it was ever damaged and believed the only time on the ice.

Viewing 30 posts - 7,171 through 7,200 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.