2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• tswoboda

There were some really good on ice interviews. Mackinnon kept gushing about Sid – Makar being 100% for “the boys” – and Kadri telling his haters they can kiss his as$. Good stuff.

There will be pieces moving in and out but their core is so young and not going anywhere. Average age of the top 4 D is like 23/24 YO – best forwards are all under 30. The only bad contract comes off the books next year. Goaltending is the only roster weakness and they just dominated the playoffs without it.

Ripjiggen

Agree. They will be the team to beat in the west for several years. Man has Tampa played a lot more hockey than anyone else the last few years.
    The AVs also just showed you don’t have to be the most physical team with 6’6 d men to win a cup.

tswoboda

Tampa looked like a team that’s played wayyy too much hockey in the last 22 months. They finally faced a good team from the West but it was obvious Tampa was not at 100% – Vasi is the only thing that kept them in it

CaptainMusky

Tampa looked like a team that’s played wayyy too much hockey in the last 22 months. They finally faced a good team from the West but it was obvious Tampa was not at 100% – Vasi is the only thing that kept them in it

I was going to say this exact thing. They have played a lot of hockey. Yeah, some players have rotated in and out, but that amount of games really wears a player down. Vasi just didnt quite seem like himself in this series. Was that his first ever game 6 loss?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I do think MacKinnon will break the bank on his next contract, that alone will eat up a $5 million player off the roster.

They have alot of players making less than their market value that will eventually want to cash in, but their core is as solid as any team in the league, only injuries can truly slow them down (Bryum could be 1 serious head hit away from retiring in his early 20’s) MacKinnon’s speed and recklessness cutting across the middle could set him up for serious injury…

The luxury they will have & need is that league vets will want to sign cheap deals to get a last shot at a cup with them moving forward. They’ll need them as their prospect pool is dreadfull….

tswoboda

I do think MacKinnon will break the bank on his next contract, that alone will eat up a $5 million player off the roster.

Bottom pair D-man Erik Johnson’s $6m comes off the books the same year Mackinnon’s new deal kicks in. We disagree by a couple million on Mackinnon but I bet we get the answer this summer.

CaptainMusky

Perry loses 3 years in a row in cup final. Wild try to sign him to break the streak?

JoeMX1825
    MN

NO MORE POSTS IN THIS THREAD, the new 2022/2023 season thread has been started!

Viewing 8 posts - 7,201 through 7,208 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.