Twins 2023 Thread

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Kepler hit at every level also including the majors and you are ready to bury him so…………..

Miranda is a much bigger prospect that Kepler was. And he’s still got more upside that Kepler ever will. And to be fair, I think Kepler’s been pretty decent this year. Much better than I expected.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

What drives me nuts is this team, hitting at .219 on the year and probably under.200 for the last two weeks, is they REFUSE to even try to manufacture runs by stealing bases or shortening up swings.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nice to have Kirilloff back.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Dip the shoulder, drive the ball. They are still trying to be a homerun hitting team.

They are what they are, I don’t see them changing much overall. Correa will hit, Buxton will hit .250 trying to hit 40+ homeruns. Polanco might hit close to .300 but I don’t know who else will. We will all be smarter June 15th.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Dip the shoulder, drive the ball. They are still trying to be a homerun hitting team.

They are what they are, I don’t see them changing much overall. Correa will hit, Buxton will hit .250 trying to hit 40+ homeruns. Polanco might hit close to .300 but I don’t know who else will. We will all be smarter June 15th.

Agree, but I don’t think Correa will have more than 25 HR. He’s never been a huge HR guy. The only way the Twins have a guy near .300 is if Kirilloff can manage to stay healthy.

slough

I just worry where the run production will come from. Hoping for a big year from Miranda and Larnach I guess? Can’t say I have faith in Kepler doing much, or Polanco now with the injury. Obviously who knows with Buxton. Correa is nice but basically a 20 HR/70 RBI guy, not exactly going to carry you offensively. We’ll see!

Hate to quote myself from 6 weeks ago but I guess my worries were warranted. Knew someone in the lineup was going to have to step up and no one has.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Agree, but I don’t think Correa will have more than 25 HR. He’s never been a huge HR guy. The only way the Twins have a guy near .300 is if Kirilloff can manage to stay healthy.

Correa is already forever known as a cheater. Perhaps he should diversify his cheating portfolio and try some juice? Power is important too!

Ripjiggen

You must be a Brewers and Ryan Braun fan. rotflol

JEREMY
    BP

Guessing when Correa almost got thrown out at second cause he was in his homerun trot on a ball that hit the wall is because he hasnt hit poop so he couldnt read it. And the windmill strikes again.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

rotflol BOOM!

You might as well just copy and paste your posts in here bucky. Save yourself some time at least.

Matt Vogel

Mahle undergoing Tommy John…. good thing we have the some depth… for now… Farmer making a quick impact too!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Solid try???? waytogo

…grew up mostly a Twins fan. The dome was an hour drive, dirt cheap for tickets, and a Brewers game was 4+ hours.

Correa is still a cheater and coward no matter what people want to deflect because he’s on the Twins roster. Braun gets the same label from me.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

You’re not wrong, but we get it. You don’t like him.

Ripjiggen

But but but he is one of us now. rotflol

I think we understood your hatred for him on the first post of four about him being a cheater. toast jester

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nice win this afternoon. Another nice start by Ober, and the bats were solid. I guess they put trashcans back in the clubhouse because don’t look now, Correa has two doubles and 3 RBI in the last two games. He’s actually hit the ball really hard for the past week. Nice to see a series win after a rough stretch.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So Bucky, whats your stance on Pete Rose & the HOF? Let him in or not?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Now that Mahle is basically done with the Twins, I think they need to get moving on extending Gray at least for another season. If he keeps going like this they might have another Cy Young winner

Also, Apple TV games suck.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Lopez, Gray, Ryan, Ober is a nice starting rotation if they start hitting some.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

So Bucky, whats your stance on Pete Rose & the HOF? Let him in or not?

He bet on his team to win. That’s very different than cheating in my book. Rose should be in the HOF. What he did may have been wrong, but it falls in its own category that I don’t find as degrading. If there is substantial proof that he fixed games and bet against his lineups…keep him out. I haven’t seen that evidence though?

As for the cheaters from the steroid era and after, I don’t think the MLB caught more than a fraction of guys juicing or taking things to amplify healing efforts for injuries. It’s hard to hold guys out who juiced just because they were the most talented and easiest to scrutinize, when cheating was likely rampant everywhere. So far it seems they are trying to keep them out though. I’m fairly neutral on this category.

Correa cheated the actual mechanics and systems of the game. That’s a separate category as well and is the most irritating to me as a casual fan

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pretty much what I figured.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Griffin Jax has been a pretty big disappointment this season. I really thought he was going to be almost unhittable this season. He isn’t locating at all and I’m getting really sick of these relievers being told to only throw sliders. Eventually hitters are going to lock on it and that’s what we are seeing. Another stupid strategy Rocco see’s on his clipboard.

That being said, the lineup he is putting out there against lefties is just not going to score many runs. No Kirilloff, Kepler, Gallo. Kirilloff is a guy that should be able to hit lefties just fine. Every time I see Castro in the lineup I know it’s going to be a tough game for the offense.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

The first part of Jax’s slider still isn’t as flat as a pitcher with good one. Baldelli thinks it is though as he said in one of the last pregame radio shows.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Personally I think the sweeper will start to get destroyed as it is used more and more. Conventional thinking in the baseball world has been vertical movement is always tougher to hit than horizontal. It’s only a matter of time before hitters adjust and start destroying this pitch and we’ll see the pitchers start to throw sharper sliders again.

What the sweeper does is increase the movement so when a pitcher misses his location it moves enough to stay out of the middle of the zone. That’s it. It’s still harder to hit a slider that breaks 6 inches horizontally and 6 inches vertically when it’s located than a sweeper that moves 12 inches horizontally and 3 inches vertically.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

bats going well today finally. its baseball, hard to have everything going perfect playing 162 games. i think they will get it going. lots of talented guys on this roster, i am not worried. i just hope the pitching can keep this up?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nice to see Kirilloff swinging so well. Sure hope he can stay on the field this year. Hell even Polanco is swinging well.

Still though, every run was scored on a HR. This team has to learn how to manufacture some runs when the HR’s aren’t there before I take them seriously.

Well now that’s not the case anymore.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Brent Rooker having a great start to the season.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Brent Rooker having a great start to the season.

seen that. it took him getting cut to get a spot on the worst roster in MLB and he is making the most of it. his ceiling is probably Tom Brunansky and floor is Mike Restovich……anyone old enough to remember those names?

Viewing 30 posts - 571 through 600 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.