Tyee 208gl trim tabs

• jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

I’m thinking I need tabs on my 208gl. Have a kicker and a panoptix PS22 tranducer on oposite sides of the transom. Seems like the boat likes to list to the Port side because of this combination, not terrible but not great. Plus with the rear livewell full the boat is easy to porpoise.

I know nothing on trim tabs. Do they make the ride better? Any recommendations’ for this boat?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’ve been told that trim tabs will help all boats although I don’t know that to be fact.

Your 208 is a tiller correct?

Let us know if you find a good fix.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Trim tabs are the best thing ever. Level the boat out, yep
    Better hole shot, yep
    Handle bigger waves, yep
    Drier ride, yep!
    I suggest getting hydraulic or electric adjustable ones.

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

I’ve been told that trim tabs will help all boats although I don’t know that to be fact.

Your 208 is a tiller correct?

Let us know if you find a good fix.

No this is a full windshield console boat. They only made this model a few years.

Jason

I run the Lenco tabs on my boat.
    Im very happy that I installed them. I don’t use them all the time but when I want to level out at low speeds to see over the front trolling motor or slant away from the incoming side waves it works great to keep me and my passengers dryer. Does it increase my top speed any – no. Will it allow me to drive the nose of the boat into the water or put the boat at a 10+ degree side angle – yes.
    Putting them down all the way is like putting on the brakes so there is only approx 20 degrees of angle that I use. They have an auto retract function every time you cycle the key.
    My boat has a 20.5′ aluminum hull and is lighter so the results are more noticeable in my setup than a 4000+lb 20.5′ fiberglass boat would be.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.