P-line Floroclear for panfish?

• Walleyewill

Hello everyone who potentially is reading this! I just have a quick question about this P-line floroclear 5# fishing line. I’ve never used it but was gifted some for my birthday and was thinking about putting it on my panfish set up. Is that a good or bad idea? Anyone ever use this stuff before? good, or bad. I’d sure love to hear it. Thanks, Will.

Jimmy Jones

Try it, but be aware that fluoro lines sink so if you’re wanting to use a float there’ll be issues between the float and your rod tip when you go to set the hook.

For all of my general panfishing I use Trilene XL 4 pound, clear. If I think or know that I will be doing any vertical jigging I bring a rod spooled up the Clam Frost Braid in 4 pound….wat better than fluoro.

robby
    Quad Cities

For open water panfishing this is my go to line! It is awesome and much stronger than you would think. I landed a 14 lb catfish using it! Not to even claim I just horsed it in and yes I did use a net. Great line!

tim hurley

If I used it for open water pannies I would then downsize my jig, could be good.

10klakes

If you dont use it for open water, you could use it ice fishing. One of my ice crappie rods has 3# p-line. could use it for walleye in the winter.
    I stick with hi-vis mono or braid on my open water panfish rods.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

It’s my go to line for panfish and finesse walleye presentations. I have a bulk spool on hand at all times.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Hells, bells, I use 10# floro and it doesn’t seem to affect anything I’m doing. If fact, if even use 20# and it doesn’t seem to affect the panfish at all. If I’m getting outfished by peeps in the same boat, I downsize to the 10#. I only use that light of line basin fishing during the winter, otherwise I can fish in all kinds of weeds/wood and dont have to worry about breaking off or having a snot rocket cut me off!!!

Mark

bigstorm
    Southern WI

It’s my go to line for <em class=”ido-tag-em”>panfish and finesse <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye presentations. I have a bulk spool on hand at all times.

X2

Walleyewill

Awesome, thank you everyone. I’m grateful for your comments, and I think its safe to say. I am going to try it out on my new avid panfish rod paired with a Piscifun x1000. Should be able to get into some fun while perch fishing this opener on leech lake.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

It’ll spring off that P1000 faster than you wind it on! Way too stiff.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Their Floroclear is different the standard Florocarbon (which they also make), its not as stiff. I use it on 1000 size and up reels with no issue

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

At least someone knew it was a good line when it was gifted.

Walleyewill

Agreed. Lol, so far I cannot argue with it. Spooled up, and made a couple casts out in the yard. everything was super smooth, no visible line memory or Coiling from the line. So safe to say I don’t think its wanting to come off the spool. which set my mind at ease. Overall I think I’m going to enjoy it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.