Need info on Old Wooden Lures

• Darryl Klopp

I have 7 old wooden lures I need info on. One is a Lazy Ike with 6 spoons attached. Couldn’t find one on the web. One I think is a Clarks Water Scout Fishing Lure. One maybe an Ozark Mountain Woodpopper Lure. The others I do not know. Does Anyone know what they are and value they might have?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_7372-copy.jpg

2. IMG_7370-copy.jpg

3. IMG_7369-copy-scaled.jpg

4. IMG_7366.copy_-scaled.jpg

5. Ozark-Mountain-Woodpopper-copy-scaled.jpg

6. Clark-Water-Scout-copy-scaled.jpg

7. Lazy-Ike-with-Spinners-copy-scaled.jpg

wkw

Pics would maybe help

Darryl Klopp

I had pictures included. Got some kind of error while submitting. Tried to submit again and it said it was already there. I can see the pictures. Can you now?

wkw

Yes. Those are pretty cool. I used to have a book that had every antique lure ever made, but it’s gone now. I think those first two might be old Heddons. Those stub-nosed plugs I have never seen. There is an antique lure collectors group out there that could probly help.

Jimmy Jones

The red one in the upper right is a Hot Shot…. c.1950. Pretty tough shape to have much collector value.

Darryl Klopp

THanks. At least i know what it is.

I saw one picture of the Lazy Ike on the web. It was for ebay, but it only took me to the whole lot of vintage lures.

Snake ii’s

Condition is everything – yours are in pretty bad condition. The lazy ike is in better shape, but very common.

NFLCC and Ebay can give you an idea of what they are worth, my perspective is a few bucks each if that.

Clean, repaint and enjoy using them for fishing – you’ll get more out of using them than what they are worth, money wise.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Patina, must not count with old lures ? I would get in touch with a Lure Collector before I started painting over years of history… there is no harm in checking first !

Darryl Klopp

Ok. I’ve looked on ebay for the lazy ike and didn’t find anything. Knowing the correct name to use helps.

LabDaddy1

I know a “Johnson woodpile stooge” when I see one. And there isn’t one there!

Sorry, no help and complete lack of self control. chased mrgreen Good luck!

Darryl Klopp

Found the Hot Spot on ebay. Better than mine in groups that work out to be $3-$5. So mine isn’t worth anything.

Darryl Klopp

I finally found the Lazy Ike on eBay except it says Metal. Must be referring to the spoons. New they want $29.99 (says Japan) and used $21.99. The used is about the conditiono of mine. But it is still wating to be sold.

Jimmy Jones

The one in the center, left column looks like a river runt. In older models the did use the brass brads for eyes.

The Lazy Ike and the Lazy Dazy both used the metal lip to re-enforce the thin leading edge. The lure you show has the blades in the center of the body and Lazy Ike offered nothing like that. Lazy Dazy does show a couple models with a spreader and trebles in the center, but nothing that has screws to support the hooks or blades from that location.

I know I have come across a couple lures that look like the you show as a Lazy Ike but I don’t think its that. I’ll check a couple other refence books later.

wkw

i gave my son 25-30 old lures and he did this in the man cave.

Attachments:
    1. output_image1714611578056.jpg

wkw

When I had that antique lure book I know what the eyes were made of made a difference. ( glass, plastic,brass,painted,etc,) and how the hooks were attached ( cup, clevis, screws, etc) For what its worth.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.