Twins 2023 Thread

• mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Needed that win. 3 straight losses to the White Sox would’ve been awful.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

How bout them Twins leading the Central by 3 games! (Their record would be last in the East and 3rd in the West, sorry had to whistling )

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

How bout them Twins leading the Central by 3 games! (Their record would be last in the East and 3rd in the West, sorry had to whistling )

You’re not wrong. But hey, at least they’re leading something. If they make it to the postseason and we still have Lopez, Gray, and Ryan in the rotation, I think we have a chance to finally win a game or two.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Ober dealing tonight! I really like the apple tv games. announcers aren’t such homers for either side

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

what the heck happened to my man crush Duran????? last few outings he can’t spot his heater at all. maybe some warm weather will dial him in?

slough
    Participant

Roster is starting to shift a bit. Wonder if Maeda or Mahle will contribute much the rest of the year, I would bet no for Mahle. Thielbar also on the IL and Larnach sent down with Kiriloff coming up.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

It’s a good thing they got guys like Ober and Varland on call in the event their big trades for oft-injured guys don’t pan out…weird. I was really hopeful Mahle was going to be an anchor in the rotation….oh well. I don’t understand sending Larnach down? must be some analytic formula

Brad Dimond
    Participant

It’s a good thing they got guys like Ober and Varland on call in the event their big trades for oft-injured guys don’t pan out…weird. I was really hopeful Mahle was going to be an anchor in the rotation….oh well. I don’t understand sending Larnach down? must be some analytic formula

Strikeouts in 7 consecutive ABs, 15 Ks in 26 ABs, batting under his weight…

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I can’t believe they keep Castro with the team. He is worthless. I was really hoping he’d be sent down with Kiriloff coming up. Larnach going down doesn’t help anyone. It’s because he will have less playing time with Gallo and Kirilloff swapping with each other playing left field and first base.

Brittman
    Participant

Most all Twins batting averages took a dip today. Ugh.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

They have been for the past two weeks. I thought this team would struggle because they don’t have anyone who can get on base. It’s been their issue since Baldelli has been here. If they don’t hit home runs, they don’t score. The pitching staff has to be pretty ticked off so far.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

They have been for the past two weeks. I thought this team would struggle because they don’t have anyone who can get on base. It’s been their issue since Baldelli has been here. If they don’t hit home runs, they don’t score. The pitching staff has to be pretty ticked off so far.

Arreaz is hitting .430 for Miami, but I’ll still take that trade.

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I wouldn’t. Don’t get me wrong, we needed a pickup like Pablo Lopez, but dealing a couple guys like Larnach and Pagan would’ve been better.
    Arreaz will contribute in 125+ games this year with his bat. Lopez will get 25 chances with his arm. With no run support, he’ll be lucky to get 14 wins this year.
    My two cents.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Lopez and Gray make you legitimate. Arreaz might hit .300 or he might get hurt. Besides, where would they play him. They think Miranda could play so much so they cleared out Urshela to make room for him. Polanco is back and the Twins wouldn’t bench or trade that contract. He was decent at first but he would last full time there.

We will live with Lopez and what he brings which was better than what he replaced.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

I wouldn’t. Don’t get me wrong, we needed a pickup like Pablo Lopez, but dealing a couple guys like Larnach and Pagan would’ve been better.
    Arreaz will contribute in 125+ games this year with his bat. Lopez will get 25 chances with his arm. With no run support, he’ll be lucky to get 14 wins this year.
    My two cents.

Larnach and Pagan wouldn’t get you Kyle Gibson in a trade, let alone Pablo Lopez. They needed to trade someone that can actually be a value and that was Arraez. I am plenty happy with the trade. The problem is they didn’t replace him with a guy that can hit. They brought in guys like Gallo, and kept guys like Kepler who don’t get on base.

They need Correa and guys like Miranda and now Kirilloff to really start contributing. I would like to see Solano in there more because that guy is a poor man’s Arraez and really knows how to slap the ball around.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

I think everyone would like to have kept Arraez fan favorite for sure, but had to give to get.

Think I said a few pages back about having Donnie Barrels leading off.
    It was kind of tongue and cheek but at least he puts the ball in play.

Royce Lewis going to double A ball. I am curious where they will have him play.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think everyone would like to have kept Arraez fan favorite for sure, but had to give to get.

Think I said a few pages back about having Donnie Barrels leading off.
    It was kind of tongue and cheek but at least he puts the ball in play.

Royce Lewis going to double A ball. I am curious where they will have him play.

After reading the article just posted on the Twins web page it looks like SS and third base. Seems like he is WAY ahead of schedule. He would be a GREAT backup to Correa until he finds a spot in the field. The Twins have no legit backup SS to spell Correa at the moment. You could also play him at second and third giving Polanco and Miranda a break especially if Miranda’s bat stays cold.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Another great start tonight and no run support….This lineup is getting painful to watch.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Varland has a super bright future and pitching great. So much for Gallo stinging the ball…..poor guy can’t hit a beach ball lately.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Varland has a super bright future and pitching great. So much for Gallo stinging the ball…..poor guy can’t hit a beach ball lately.

Nobody can. They don’t have a clue at the plate right now. And really stupid little league level mistakes in the field tonight also. Can’t afford to do that when you’re only scoring one run a game.

Walleye Man42
    Participant

I saw a stat that in the last week we are hitting .141. Its getting pretty miserable to watch, about the only hits we are getting is when we are jammed and a blooper gets past the shortstop or second base. Are pitching is still doing well, what a lineup in San Diego and they are struggling to hit as well.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

We finally get pitching and now the bats go cold. Typical.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

How about Cheatin’ Carlos Correa hitting a balmy .185 to start the year?

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

Sending Miranda down. Bet nobody thought that would happen.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I sure didn’t, but he definitely needs a confidence boost.

As for Correa, if you’ll remember he was hitting about the same through may last year as well and ended the year hitting around 290. He is a slow starter every year. He will pick it up. Sure hope it’s soon though.

Some good news is Kyle Farmer is back tonight after missing almost a month when he was hit in the face. That should help the lineup as he brings a solid bat with a little bit of pop.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

I see the Miranda upside….he is cheap. But until he hits he’s just a guy. I would take Urshela any day at this point. In a month if Miranda isn’t ripping we will be reading about Lewis being the greatest third base prospect since Machado switched from shortstop.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JEREMY wrote:</div>

I see the Miranda upside….he is cheap. But until he hits he’s just a guy. I would take Urshela any day at this point. In a month if Miranda isn’t ripping we will be reading about Lewis being the greatest third base prospect since Machado switched from shortstop.

Comparing Lewis to Machado? Wow. I’d love to have whatever you’re drinking Dutch. Miranda’s hit extremely well at every level he’s been at including the majors last season. He will be back up and hopefully get the kinks ironed out.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

My god Watkins. I can’t believe this guy is still a base coach.

I think we might be seeing the real Joey Gallo as well….

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Kepler hit at every level also including the majors and you are ready to bury him so…………..

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I sure didn’t, but he definitely needs a confidence boost.

As for Correa, if you’ll remember he was hitting about the same through may last year as well and ended the year hitting around 290. He is a slow starter every year. He will pick it up. Sure hope it’s soon though.

Some good news is Kyle Farmer is back tonight after missing almost a month when he was hit in the face. That should help the lineup as he brings a solid bat with a little bit of pop.

He will respond. It takes time with new teammates, umpires, etc to establish a reliable cheating system each offseason. I have faith that Cheatin’ Correa will get it figured out. coffee

Viewing 30 posts - 541 through 570 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.