Twins 2023 Thread

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Told you we still have a chance at Correa! jester

When will this end…..

Nice piece by Gleeman on the Athletic listing our top 40 prospects. We lost a lot of them last year due to trades but our top 20 has some pretty high potential.

JEREMY
    BP

Theres a reason why the other teams backed out. The Twins will sign him for to much and to much gaurenteed money and his numb ankle will fall off in spring training.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Theres a reason why the other teams backed out. The Twins will sign him for to much and to much gaurenteed money and his numb ankle will fall off in spring training.

Just my personal opinion but I say go for it. We’ve seen the Vikings swing and miss with trades that didn’t work out as well for us like the Bradford trade or the Yannick Ngokwe (what did I just spell) trades. We saw the Wild sign Parise & Suter to record contracts and never make a conference championship with them.

The Twins? They haven’t even made it to “swing and miss” stage yet. So I say go for it. Generate excitement, do something that falls in the “try” category. Let’s say they sign him for a 10-year contract and they’re decent for a few years and then the medical issues that everyone is finding out about come to fruition and we’re paying him out for nothing for 6-7 years. Can you honestly tell me that whatever else the Pohlads will do over the next 10 years will do any better?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Pay him 500 million what do I care, not my money. This organization needs a face of the franchise because we all know you can’t rely on the one they have currently.
    seen a tweet from Rosy that said there might be something finalized by the end of today even shock

JEREMY
    BP

Heard 6 years 200 million plus incentives.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

pending physical………..

CaptainMusky

Physical is reportedly nearly complete including the ankle that was a concern earlier.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

6 years $200 million. I’m sure there will be injury incentives but that’s a freaking great deal. No opt outs either.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well they didn’t sign him for too much money and that concern that those teams were having has given him exactly one issue in his entire MLB career and it lasted all of about 5 minutes. Love the move. Now lets add to the bullpen a little.

tswoboda

Tough Holiday Season for Correa… from $350m to $200m in just a couple months. I don’t feel too too bad for him though and happy to have him back in MN!

CaptainMusky

Sounds like there are no opt outs for him either. That is a great deal if true.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Sounds like there are no opt outs for him either. That is a great deal if true.

Correct. Max money looks like it’s $270 with incentives plus a 4 year vested option after the 6 years. It looks like a really good deal for the team.

CaptainMusky

Aside from the amount of money I am completely shocked that our Twins actually pulled off a signing of this caliber. Now focus on some pitching. Should hopefully be better with a couple guys coming back who were out all year especially Maeda, but I think there was another guy too. That rookie had a tremendous year so hopefully he can build on that.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

and all of last year all I heard was he is only playing one season here roll

BigWerm
    SW Metro

and all of last year all I heard was he is only playing one season here roll

Yeah just took 2 other teams (and how many unknown others) to pass due to failing his physical. As critical as I am about the Pohlad’s and their front office, this is a very good signing, and hopefully encourages them to address the pitching staff…finally.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

never say never and that is why its never ZERO. sign talent when you can and worry about long term later. aside from a true ace which is a pipe dream here, the rotation should be really good on paper from starting to relief pitching.

Ryan
    Mahle
    Gray
    Maeda

bullpen looks solid i guess? mix in another couple arms and send it!

JoeMX1825
    MN

I saw a funny meme today of Correa in an Athletics jersey and the caption was “only 29 more physicals to go”

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

There’s a couple rumors floating around that Miami is thinking about dealing Pablo Lopez who is a starter the Twins have been linked to trying to trade for all offseason.

It would likely take a trade including Arraez and a top prospect at least, but he is a very good starter. I like our rotation as it is, but with the way our starters get injured throughout the year I’m will never say not to go after an arm. The bullpen could use another late inning guy in my opinion as well.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I like this signing for the Twins. Even with other failed/flagged physicals, everyone knows he will be more reliable than Buxton.

The issue for me is the rest of the roster. The Twins won 78 games with Correa already on the roster….so retaining him on a decent deal clearly won’t be enough.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Trevor Bauer would look good at the front of this rotation…

Brittman

Correa with the Twins really helps.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ve been thinking the same thing. 2 years of no pitching but even with rust he’d still probably be a help to our rotation with HUGE upside.

tswoboda

I was waiting for this one. I don’t know much about that whole deal but my gut reaction says he’d look better behind bars.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

I was waiting for this one. I don’t know much about that whole deal but my gut reaction says he’d look better behind bars.

I’ve followed that story quite a bit and it’s a tough one to figure out. The girl basically told him she wanted it rough, which is what he was also into, it got rough, more than she expected it to and there are conflicting stories on whether he stopped or didn’t stop when she wanted him to. He was not charged with anything. I’m not saying he didn’t do anything wrong but legally, he is clear.

tswoboda

Like I said I haven’t really followed it closely. But my understanding is basically what you said plus there’s pictures of her with black eyes, he punched her until she got KOed, and there’s texts of him apologizing saying he went too far. That was the main original accusation and then two more women came forward with similar stories. I understand there was no criminal charges, like DeShawn Watson. Was there a civil lawsuit or settlement?

Any of that not true or accurate?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Like I said I haven’t really followed it closely. But my understanding is basically what you said plus there’s pictures of her with black eyes, he punched her until she got KOed, and there’s texts of him apologizing saying he went too far. That was the main original accusation and then two more women came forward with similar stories. I understand there was no criminal charges, like DeShawn Watson. Was there a civil lawsuit or settlement?

Any of that not true or accurate?

Yes. He did punch her but did not KO her. He allegedly chocked the woman until she was unconscious to which she said she agreed to be choked (obviously not to that extent).

He has not settled with any of his accusers or had to pay them anything from what I can see.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

If they sign Bauer and have Correa they will be known as the Minnesota Beater Cheaters.

tswoboda

Yes. He did punch her but did not KO her. He allegedly chocked the woman until she was unconscious to which she said she agreed to be choked (obviously not to that extent).

He has not settled with any of his accusers or had to pay them anything from what I can see.

Thanks!

So why was he suspended for so long?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Thanks!

So why was he suspended for so long?

I think it was a statement maker for the MLB. But also the Dodgers suspended him themselves after Bauers MLB suspension was up as well.

I’m not saying he did or didn’t do it. It would be a big PR issue if they did sign him, but you can’t deny he’d probably be the biggest bang for your buck pitcher they could sign.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Didn’t the Indians give him up when they had Bieber and Kluber pitchig lights out? Basically 3 aces at that time.
    I’ll pass on that dbag based on what I have read. This team is good enough to run it back and contend as is.
    They lucked into Carlos coming back in a roundabout way. He always wanted the bag but when other suitors questioned his longevity, he probably said later!
    Welcome back Mr. Correa

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.