Twins 2023 Thread

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I also don’t want an automated ump. It would make the game so damn boring. I will say, the quality of balls and strikes has gone way down. I would be in favor of something they have talked about over the past year in having a challenge system for balls and strikes and having a quick system like tennis has for call balls in or out of play.

But I do not want a robot calling every pitch. Never will.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Challenge system will defeat the purpose of the pitch clock, it will slow the game. FWIW i’m opposed to replay for the same reason. It needlessly slows the games.
    How about holding the umpires accountable to keep pace with the game.

CaptainMusky

They cant get rid of the ump entirely because who would call the plays at the plate? I think if they had an automated system they could then evaluate whether or not the ump made the correct call on a ball or strike. I just saw a stat on who benefitted and didnt on the pitch calls and Twins were dead last while the Astros were 2nd benefitting to the tune of an extra couple runs while the Twins lost 2 runs.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

The Twins never had a chance!!

Attachments:
    1. pitch-profiler.jpeg

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

I see Bremer retired, bummer. I thought he did a great job, especially when Bert was around.

Wonder who they’ll replace him with.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He was forced out. I think something is coming with Bally being gone.

Anyway, Bremer was like a old pair of shoes, his voice was comfortable but his time was up. I doubt i’ll miss him.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’ve always loved the guy. Being in the age group I am, he’s the only Twins voice I’ve ever known, and I often thought he deserved to be part of national broadcasts. Real good guy who loved the fishing, the woods, and everything else Minnesota, including the Twins. He called good games while still able to convey his fandom. I’ll miss him on broadcasts.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

He was forced out. I think something is coming with Bally being gone.

Anyway, Bremer was like a old pair of shoes, his voice was comfortable but his time was up. I doubt i’ll miss him.

Where did you see that? I haven’t read that anywhere. I bet his plan was to go out after 40 years. He was good, but like Dutch said, it was time. I’m not sure Corey will leave the radio. He’s perfect for that old school broadcasting. I think they’ll probably wait to figure out what the heck is happening with the TV and then decide.

CaptainMusky

Where did you see that? I haven’t read that anywhere. I bet his plan was to go out after 40 years. He was good, but like Dutch said, it was time. I’m not sure Corey will leave the radio. He’s perfect for that old school broadcasting. I think they’ll probably wait to figure out what the heck is happening with the TV and then decide.

Dan Hayes a beat writer for the Twins posted a statement from the organization. It was clear it wasnt up to Dick. At first it seemed like it but it was later revealed that it was not.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Kinda a sad to see him go but it was time. I never heard an announcer turn anything that happened into a positive for the Twins.

JEREMY
    BP

Maybe they can get the guy that does T Wolves games. Still cant stand him.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

As long as it’s not Lapantha I’ll be happy.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

How are Twins fans going to know the runners will be taking off on a 3-2 count with 2 outs?!?! Seriously would love to know how many times that occurred over his 40 years, because he told you every time. Also, I don’t know if “forced out” is the right term, when he still is employed by the team and they just want someone else to call games for the first time in 40 years.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Oh, it’s forced out. His options were go the the PR department or go out the door.
    No way was he calling another game after this season ended.

slough

When you have to fill that much down time on basically a daily basis, undoubtedly people are going to get tired of you. Realistically he was good at his job but that’s the way it goes.

On a side note, imagine if the Twins had made the WS with the weather in the 20s and 30s. Yuck

FryDog62

Have lived in some other markets and I’d take Dick and his warts over the others…

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

On a side note, imagine if the Twins had made the WS with the weather in the 20s and 30s. Yuck

That would have been awesome to see! The baseball media would have lost their minds.

CaptainMusky

Well now that the Rangers won the World Series the Vikings are the oldest professional franchise without a title so we have that I guess.

FryDog62

Besides being World Series champs – what other thing makes the Rangers unique this season?

CaptainMusky

Besides being World Series champs – what other thing makes the Rangers unique this season?

They never lost a road game in the playoffs?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’s being reported that the Twins are already picking up the one year options on Kepler and Polanco so they will be back. Grey is being offered a one year $20 million qualifying offer which he will reject, but it does get the Twins a first round compensation pick should he sign elsewhere.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s being reported that the Twins are already picking up the one year options on Kepler and Polanco so they will be back. Grey is being offered a one year $20 million qualifying offer which he will reject, but it does get the Twins a first round compensation pick should he sign elsewhere.

Yep, Hayes wrote that in the Athletic. Lota stuff going to happen until they replace that $56.8 million they are losing with Bally.

Other than Correa and China Doll the rest of the contracts aren’t terrible. Just so theres no confusion Correa is worth every nickle.

FryDog62

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FryDog62 wrote:</div>

They never lost a road game in the playoffs?

I saw it several places on Facebook so it must be true – The Rangers were the only MLB team not to celebrate Pride Night.

So there you have it ~

CaptainMusky

They also never lost a road game so I am going with my answer LOL

Viewing 26 posts - 2,071 through 2,096 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.