Twins 2023 Thread

• Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

If he is Bruno it will be a nice career. If he is Restovich he can tell his kids he played pro baseball.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

The bats have awoken……

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

If Stroman was only 1/2 as good as he thinks he is.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

My god, how many changeups can Lopez hang……

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

What a game! Hope they can finish it off! Helluva battle back multiple times though.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

If Stroman was only 1/2 as good as he thinks he is.

He’s actually had a really good start to the year. Twins made him look like himself though.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Can’t tell you how much I hate the extra innings softball rule.

Walk off walk, what a way to lose. I see they had 2 errors in the game. Seems like the defense has struggled at times with errors. Or maybe it’s my imagination.

Oh well, facing Kershaw tonight that should be a treat.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

One of the errors was a catchers interference so not really an error. The other was a throwing error by Lopez.

I also hate the extra inning rule.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Really getting old hearing the opposing play by play mention how the Twins are dead last in stolen bases…..its every new series over and over!

I got to believe they are the worst baserunning team in the league?

Last in steals, can’t throw opposing runners out and then we got Windmill Watkins at 3rd doah

Would it be out of line to have a Tommy Watkins Windmill bobblehead night?

Brad Dimond
    Participant

Rockhead must have heard you, Buxton and Castro have each stolen a base tonight.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

It is pretty ridiculous how they refuse to manufacture runs. I think they are finally seeing that stealing bases makes a difference. The last ten games I bet they have over ten stolen bases and before that I believe they had four or five for the season!

Willy Castro is making me eat my words about him the last week too. He’s actually come through with some big hits the past week.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Who are these guys? Are we back to being the Piranhas? I love it and do you believe it…..IT WORKS.

It’s only taken this regime three years to realize it. doah

Brittman
    Participant

MN Twins are currently #3 in the MLB on team pitching ERA. Only 0.02 behind MLB leading Rays.

Long season to go, but …

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Ober with a real strong outing. Great win for the Twins last night against a stacked team and one of the best pitchers in baseball. At least he used to be.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I absolutely love Kyle Farmer. I also love that Rocco has finally learned that it’s fairly easy to steal bases and move runners up. Incredibly it is helping them score…..Hope they stick with it.

Matt Vogel
    Participant

Also… German from the Yanks ejected yesterday for an “extremely sticky substance” by the same ump that allowed him to remain in the game against the Twins after he blatantly didn’t wash his hands after being told to…. Guess it just depends on who the Yanks are playing… flame

Walleye Man42
    Participant

the good sign is that we have held our own against Houston, Yankees and the Dodgers, where we usually would get stomped. They keep manufacturing runs and they will be right there at the end. If we don’t win the division we should really be disappointed.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Rocco, Rocco, Rocco…..you idiot.

Pagan’d again.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Pagan must have some dirt on Rocky or the FO is still trying to salvage that terrible trade they made which included him? pretty sure he was one of the worst relievers in the game last year and they still brought him back. not having a trustworthy lefty out of the pen has cost them a couple wins already this year. kind of pisses me off knowing Chapman signed with the freaking KC Royals. The Royals!!!!!

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Why did Gray come out after 4?

Brittman
    Participant

We all can hate Pagan, but look at his stats in the last 6-8 games.

His Earned Run given up on May 15th was the first since getting shelled in late April. First earned run in May (7 innings pitched). His ERA went from over six to a touch over 1 ..

Then again only an inning away from ___

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Why did Gray come out after 4?

Because he had about 100 pitches after 4.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

We all can hate Pagan, but look at his stats in the last 6-8 games.

His Earned Run given up on May 15th was the first since getting shelled in late April. First earned run in May (7 innings pitched). His ERA went from over six to a touch over 1 ..

Then again only an inning away from ___

Sure he’s been great in 8 games. But I guarantee he will have an era over 5 at the end of the season and he will have given up double digit HRs.

weedis
    Participant
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Batting .125 with bases loaded, worst in league. 0-9 with a walk with bases loaded and no one out. The inability to manufacture any runs in these situations is what’s going to be the death of this team.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

The MLB switched to a draft lottery this year and the Twins made the biggest jump in spots from the 13th pick to the 5th. They have a chance to draft a pretty impactful player. It’s their highest pick since Royce Lewis was drafted.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Speaking of Lewis, will he replace Gordon?

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

No, Julien will. Lewis can’t come up til like June 1st or 10th. I can’t remember which it is.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

i cant see them getting rid of Gordon for this Julien scrub. Nick has earned a roster spot playing every position in the game. as for Lewis……wrap him up in bubble wrap and he can give Bux a day off at DH when his body can’t take the abuse.

Viewing 30 posts - 601 through 630 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.