Rain

• Netguy
    Minnetonka

And UPS drivers are going to get AC in their trucks. Can’t imagine what many go through especially in the south.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

From the looks of it some severe storms are rolling through along the I35 corridor and into western WI.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Big drops and raining hard in Princeton at 8:15. Got some wind with it also.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Been running around this evening helping clean up trees in some older folks driveways. Almalund to taylors fall and to the north got hit hard this morning and this afternoon and now it’s been pouring in the area again. No power from almalund to tf, excel trucks everywhere. Looks to be lots of traffic in all the solar fields so I assume they took damage

haleysgold
    SE MN

And UPS drivers are going to get AC in their trucks. Can’t imagine what many go through especially in the south.

Dang I hate hijacking so will keep it short.

UPS saw it coming. The contract says ac required when new trucks are purchased. They’ve been stockpiling trucks for a year and have 1000’s of em sitting in storage lots.
    They won’t need to buy an AC equipped truck for many, many years.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

We finally got some much needed rain in the Harris area but not without a cost.. 6am yesterday, 7/27, we had high winds and shovelable hail that trashed about 40% of our garden. Destroyed a lot of the tomatoe plants and a few pepper plants. Had a solid inch from that storm. Then, around 3pm it all came again! High winds and small hail. And another inch of rain. By 9pm we had another inch for 3 1/4″ of rain for the day. This EASILY surpasses the the TOTAL amount of rain we’ve had ALL year, combined. Really hoping some of the plants will come back as the Tomatoe plants are loaded with tomatoes that just haven’t ripened yet. Desperately needed the rain, but man, it didn’t have to be like that! lol

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We finally got some much needed rain in the Harris area but not without a cost.. 6am yesterday, 7/27, we had high winds and shovelable hail that trashed about 40% of our garden. Destroyed a lot of the tomatoe plants and a few pepper plants. Had a solid inch from that storm. Then, around 3pm it all came again! High winds and small hail. And another inch of rain. By 9pm we had another inch for 3 1/4″ of rain for the day. This EASILY surpasses the the TOTAL amount of rain we’ve had ALL year, combined. Really hoping some of the plants will come back as the Tomatoe plants are loaded with tomatoes that just haven’t ripened yet. Desperately needed the rain, but man, it didn’t have to be like that! lol

Just east of us they got tennis ball sized hail in the morning and baseball sized in the 3 o clock storm. We cut up and drug trees with our trucks for a couple hours. All those new roofs and sidings from last years storms are all wrecked again.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I feel worse for the construction guys out side in the direct sun all day for 10 to 12 hours

haleysgold
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Netguy wrote:</div>

I feel worse for the construction guys out side in the direct sun all day for 10 to 12 hours

Agree. I can’t even imagine what yesterday was like for those workers. Well, I can but I was a LOT younger then. I can almost remember!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Just easy of us they got tennis ball sized hail in the morning and baseball sized in the 3 o clock storm. We cut up and drug trees with our trucks for a couple hours. All those new roofs and sidings from last years storms are all wrecked again.

I heard about that.. Lady friends friend had her windows broke on her house. No Bueno..

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    Just easy of us they got tennis ball sized hail in the morning and baseball sized in the 3 o clock storm. We cut up and drug trees with our trucks for a couple hours. All those new roofs and sidings from last years storms are all wrecked again.

I heard about that.. Lady friends friend had her windows broke on her house. No Bueno..

Some of the places we stopped and helped looked like they were shot up by machine guns. Broken windows and siding that was destroyed. One of the drive ways we stopped in on wild mountain road was 1/2 mile long, he had 16 big mature trees down.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

By 9pm we had another inch for 3 1/4″ of rain for the day. This EASILY surpasses the the TOTAL amount of rain we’ve had ALL year, combined.

That is wild. Bone dry for months and then a monsoon in one freaking day.

Not a drop here in the west metro. Literally nothing. Watched those cells drift south and they fizzled out completely when it got here.

Jimmy Jones

We had a late night storm here with another 1/3″. Taking whatever the clouds give us. No hail here last night and that which we have had was small.

I guess the days of an all day light rain are over. Haven’t seen a day like that for three years.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i agree Jimmy……….its buckets of rain in a short period or nothing!!!!!!

we had a nasty looking front headed toward us yesterday……and kept watching the radar…….it split and went right around Cold Spring!!! the road got wet was about it!!!

last night i watched some pretty funky cloud formation soff the the east and south……..those looked pretty cool!!!!! waytogo

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Two extremely small cells developed over Minneapolis and the north metro last night and they just stagnated and dropped copious amounts of rain. The St Anthony area received 2.18 inches of rain in less than an hour.

The new drought monitor shows the removal of extreme drought in Anoka county, but the addition of extreme drought just northwest of Mille Lacs lake in Crow Wing County.

There appears to be a sizable system incoming this weekend. Up to 3 inches of rain may fall in the southern half of the state. yay

CaptainMusky

.9″ for me. That is the most rain we have had in months.

Cody Meyers

I never thought I’d be the sort of guy complaining about the weather on the internet…but here we are. I’m hoping for some rain also.

Baitwaster
    South metro

I never thought I’d be the sort of guy complaining about the weather on the internet…

…and get off my (brown) lawn!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Its raining at my house now. Its our water day in mayberry. jester
    The town that graciously allows its residents two days per week to water so our lawns cant flourish but they wont die. Oh, but dont water between 11-5 on your water day or we’ll get you for that too.

Stanley

Over 2in at my house yesterday. A little cell popped up and rained for almost 2hrs.

CaptainMusky

The town that graciously allows its residents two days per week to water so our lawns cant flourish but they wont die.

The day after a sprinkling ban went into effect here the town’s mayor filled his pool.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Oh, but dont water between 11-5 on your water day or we’ll get you for that too.

My city has a similar code from May – Sept. Odd/even only based on your address, and no sprinklers between noon – 6pm. They actively enforce it too. Some of my idiot neighbors constantly ran theirs every day (even during the middle of the day) this spring and the city showed up.

Honestly there’s really no reason to be watering during the middle of the day anyways. Its hot, it evaporates quickly, and its windier.

I think most suburbs have some sort of watering code on the books. Its not difficult to follow and doesn’t bother me one bit.

Hopefully the big soaking we have been hoping for materializes this weekend like they’re forecasting.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    Oh, but dont water between 11-5 on your water day or we’ll get you for that too.

My city has a similar code from May – Sept. Odd/even only based on your address, and no sprinklers between noon – 6pm. They actively enforce it too. Some of my idiot neighbors constantly ran theirs every day (even during the middle of the day) this spring and the city showed up.

Honestly there’s really no reason to be watering during the middle of the day anyways. Its hot, it evaporates quickly, and its windier.

I think most suburbs have some sort of watering code on the books. Its not difficult to follow and doesn’t bother me one bit.

Hopefully the big soaking we have been hoping for materializes this weekend like they’re forecasting.

We were odd/even forever and that is easily manageable with options. Two days a week with one of those days on the weekend doesn’t work out as well for us. If its super windy one of those days I dont even bother. Just less opportunity.
    I notice some neighbors absolutely flood their lawns those two days so they are using the same amount of water as before. Im actually a good conservationist so I hate being directed this way because of those that abuse the system. The shopping centers here have no such rules..

CaptainMusky

I hope it pans out but the weekend forecast shows some soaking rains for most of us. Lets hope it happens or Gim will have a more gloom and doom drought map to share soon. LOL

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We will take every drop of the forecasted rain here along Pool 4. I have noticed that the models initially indicated 2-3” from Saturday afternoon through Sunday, and then were more around the 1-1.5” mark for totals. Last check we were down to a projected .75-1” for that whole span now.

Our leaser’s crops are fine, but most are touched by irrigators. The stuff on light soil without it in our area is beyond repair. There’s tons of real short, tassled corn that won’t even be worth trying to chop.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I hope it pans out but the weekend forecast shows some soaking rains for most of us. Lets hope it happens or Gim will have a more gloom and doom drought map to share soon. LOL

LOL. I think this is going to be an all day or more rain out. Honestly can’t remember the last time that happened. April maybe?

Netguy
    Minnetonka

This morning a small cell developed just east of me (south of Lake Minnetonka) and move west. Had rain off and on for 90 minutes. Some light, some heavy. Haven’t checked the rain gauge but I’d say 10/100s.
    Just checked and had 25/100s

glenn57
    cold spring mn

blush where’s all this rain we were supposed to get today??:???: bawling coffee doah

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 362 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.