Looking at the forecast holy buckets

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Yup.

A little cooler this year with mostly upper 60s, but the same view from our patio with an old fashioned in hand never gets old

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Possible measurable snow in the southern 1/3 of the state coming on Wed night. A quick moving 2-4 inches along Interstate 90 and possibly an inch as far north as the southern Twin Cities.

This is what our winter has come to. An INCH of “possible” snow. sleeping

More 40’s next week. Whatever falls is going to melt quickly.

ThunderLund78

Possible measurable snow in the southern 1/3 of the state coming on Wed night. A quick moving 2-4 inches along Interstate 90 and possibly an inch as far north as the southern Twin Cities.

This is what our winter has come to. An INCH of “possible” snow. sleeping

More 40’s next week. Whatever falls is going to melt quickly.

I mean, we’re now in mid-Feb and we’re almost to the time of year that highs in the mid-40s are the norm anyway. Still a chance for the classic tournament-time blizzard, but stick a fork in winter, officially.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

we’re now in mid-Feb and we’re almost to the time of year that highs in the mid-40s are the norm anyway

The average high for mid February in the Twin Cities is 30 degrees.

Looking at the 10-14 day forecast, other than the snow I mentioned above, there is nothing resembling any snow makers on the radar. And since its so warm anyways, anything that does appear will likely be rain, not snow.

Another atmospheric river is slated to hit the west coast next week though.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

It has been an extremely mild winter. My seasonal affect disorder has been kept mostly in check. But, I’m still ready for longer days and more sun.

February is my least favorite month of the whole year.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I cannot remember the first week of February having 0″ of frost ever, at any time in my life here…nothing even close.

I think we will still get a one week cold snap, or the proverbial “snow storm” that’s hyped to dump 8-12″ of snow and drops 5″, but with no frost and the increasing sun angle the worst of Winter is behind us and Spring is knocking.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It has been an extremely mild winter. My seasonal affect disorder has been kept mostly in check. But, I’m still ready for longer days and more sun.

February is my least favorite month of the whole year.

X2 and X2. I’m glad I’m not the only one who seems to suffer seasonal affect disorder. So far this years been a GREAT for that.

Charles

as been an extremely mild winter. My seasonal affect disorder has been kept mostly in check. But, I’m still ready for longer days and more sun

I think it made it worse with this tease of warm weather and rain we had lol. I really want to take the boat out, but oh well atleast we have ice up here in Crosslake.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What is this white stuff falling from the sky??

CaptainMusky

I wouldnt know because it isnt happening here.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Who said I can’t… on a wed… in feb. devil

Attachments:
    1. 20240214_164325-scaled.jpg

MX1825

You rebel glenn. whistling

waytogo

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We have about 5 or 6 inches of it in my yard this morning

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Yeah we got about 4 at my place. I had to run the snow blower for the first time this year last night and will have to finish cleaning up after work today. It is heavy wet stuff.

CaptainMusky

Ended up with about 1.5 on the grass with 2 on my deck. THe ground was so warm.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

6.5 – 7 here in St Paul.

-J.

CaptainMusky

Yeah I think this storm was an overachiever for sure. Im sure the roads are a mess in the cities, but they should be fine here we didnt get much at all. SHould be clear by tonight Id think with the sun.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ya that’s about what I got too. Quite a ways off from the predicted “inch” of snow.

Its gonna be gone soon. Near 50 next week again.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I’d say around 2 inches at my place east of Sauk rapids. 10 and 94 were skating rinks this morning

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nothing at Mille Lacs… which is good for ice making. 18’F is adding. Ice Houses slowly creeping out again on the Westside… whistling

Ripjiggen

Nothing at Mille Lacs… which is good for ice making. 18’F is adding. Ice Houses slowly creeping out again on the Westside… whistling

Check out red doors report. Lots of sketchy ice out there. Especially out towards the mud flats on north end.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Yes, see some buckling by shore on the north end.. she’s pushing around as it freezes up again. I seen Staricha pulled a 4 wheeler out by Garrison last week. whistling

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yes, see some buckling by shore on the north end.. she’s pushing around as it freezes up again. I seen Staricha pulled a 4 wheeler out by Garrison last week. whistling

He’s making some pretty good money this year.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

It’s 11 above currently here in Itasca County. The ice was making all kinds of noise all day. Supposed to get to 3 tonight

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Spring is coming. Possibly 60 degrees the last week of February.

Attachments:
    1. Feb-23-29.jpg

big_g
    Isle, MN

Several large (26’+) wheelhouses out of Garrison now. No vehicles, but the big houses are getting pulled out.

Charles

I am so ready for open water lol, however no snow and glare lakes is making it easy to pull houses out right now. So that is a plus.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Next week definitely looks like the middle of Spring again with the temps.

Lake Pepin’s days are numbered with that much room for the sheet to move around, 20mph winds tomorrow, and 3 days of the next 10 slated to hit 50 degrees.

The Corps of Engineers has cancelled all weekly ice surveys for this year. They’ve been doing the standardized measurements and posting the data publicly since 2011, and this year will mark the first ever that they don’t need them. 1 year ago today, the majority of their measuring locations reported 15-21″ of ice. The peak of ice thickness on Pepin wasn’t until the first week of March last year with places measuring 24-27″ of ice.

The record ice out is February 29th.

Attachments:
    1. pepin.jpg

tswoboda

Spring is coming. Possibly 60 degrees the last week of February.

60? Where?

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 379 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.