Looking at the forecast holy buckets

• JEREMY
    BP

Well, we need the precipitation and you don’t have to shovel rain… so no complaints here.

AMEN to that

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have almost a half inch of rain in the gauge this morning.

Someone I talked to this morning said Camp Ripley was reporting 9/10 of a inch. Not sure what we got in Sartell but my guess is it was over a 1/2 inch. Would not surprise me in closer to 3/4 of a inch. It rained steady all night and at times was rather hard.

CaptainMusky

FT it sure did! I am guessing its just over a half for me, but I dont have measurements on this part of the gauge so I am just guessing.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Drove around Waconia this morning and there was not a single house out there, portable or otherwise. If it gets cold again, not looking likely, a pair of hockey skates will be the best mode of transportation!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ice fishing these days fells just like near ice out fishing in Late March to early April. What a Crazy winter.

Jimmy Jones

No rain here yet even though the forecast showed it coming by now. Partly cloudy and real windy.

Coming home from Duluth yesterday we stopped in Centerville for a quick visit and going back to I 35 we saw a pair of trumpeter swans sitting on the ice on one of the numerous little lakes along the way. No open water but water on the ice was looking pretty deep already.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

another fish house is bobbing in Lake Osakis… just south of Buck point… maybe an 8X8 home made.. only a couple spear shacks left out there now…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

another fish house is bobbing in Lake Osakis… just south of Buck point… maybe an 8X8 home made.. only a couple spear shacks left out there now…

Go mark the spot. It will make great structure to fish this summer

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

it’s in shallow waters, dang good structure!!

CaptainMusky

IDK how people are that stupid or lazy to leave their houses out there through all this. Its not like we havent seen it coming.

Hoyt4
    NULL

should be ice fishiing western wi Saturday morning . Temp will at least get better at night starting tomorrow. Save at least a few more trips out.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

just looked out the window at work in minnetonka and its raining harder now than it was earlier. Dont think there will be any ice to fish in the metro after this. Might see a few dummies out there but you wont see me. Hopefully it gets cold again. Would be nice to get out before its time to grab the boat

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

No rain here yet even though the forecast showed it coming by now. Partly cloudy and real windy.

Coming home from Duluth yesterday we stopped in Centerville for a quick visit and going back to I 35 we saw a pair of trumpeter swans sitting on the ice on one of the numerous little lakes along the way. No open water but water on the ice was looking pretty deep already.

The trumpeter swans are thick from Centerville area up to us in north branch and all around us. Linwood area will have 50 plus in 1 pond at a time

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Going to be more than a few record early ice outs this year. Have plans to get out Sat. Going to have to make my decision based on how far I’m willing to willing to walk. Nothing new there. I’ve only driven out on the ice once this season. That was 2 weeks ago I think.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Getting some pretty good rain here now. Feels like April.

Jimmy Jones

I had 62 on the thermometer at 2 this afternoon Been working in the shop all afternoon with no heat running. Got a bit of light rain right now, but heavier rain is looming off to the west. Should pick up about 4:30 or so by the looks of the radar. This wind is a joke. Hard out of the south.

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jimmy Jones wrote:</div>

The trumpeter swans are thick from Centerville area up to us in north branch and all around us. Linwood area will have 50 plus in 1 pond at a time

There is at least 1000 mallards feeding in the cornfields by Mcdonalds in Lino/Hugo every night. Pretty cool to watch

10klakes

Drove around Waconia this morning and there was not a single house out there, portable or otherwise. If it gets cold again, not looking likely, a pair of hockey skates will be the best mode of transportation!

There was two portables out Tuesday evening.

JEREMY
    BP

Seen a guy on the MN river ice yet this morning I honestly thought it was gonna be open when I went over. Will bo tomorrow i bet.

Sylvanboat

NE Illinois here. Nothing but skim ice. I got out one time when it was sub zero out. Since then ice too thin.

Gregg Gunter

Is it possible to have an early ice out and then a refreeze? That would be bizarre.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

Seen a guy on the MN river ice yet this morning I honestly thought it was gonna be open when I went over. Will bo tomorrow i bet.

WOW!! no thanks!!!

10klakes

Is it possible to have an early ice out and then a refreeze? That would be bizarre.

It’s already happened once this year in the metro. 3 first ice’s and ice outs in a season would be something.

Gregg Gunter

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gregg Gunter wrote:</div>

It’s already happened once this year in the metro. 3 first ice’s and ice outs in a season would be something.

I did not know that. What a weird winter.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Had rain and 45 yesterday here outside Cloquet, and woke to 26 and a light dusting of snow and a few flakes coming down. Looks like the winds are blowing pretty good tho. Cooler for the 10 day and no snow predicted the whole time.
    First year ever where I havn’t X country skied and snowshoed up here.

Jimmy Jones

First year ever where I havn’t X country skied and snowshoed up here.

We stopped at the cabin 10 miles out of Two Harbors on #3 on Tuesday afternoon and took a walk. At least 12″ of white on the ground there, nothing in Two Harbors itself. Deeper where the wind had blown it.

27eyeguy

Sitting on 8-10.5″ ice in NW WI with a coating of snow. I say let winter begin already, it can last till June or July and then go right into fall. I’m fine without Summer. twisted

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I had 76 here today.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0505-scaled.jpeg

Gregg Gunter

Sitting on 8-10.5″ ice in NW WI with a coating of snow. I say let winter begin already, it can last till June or July and then go right into fall. I’m fine without Summer. twisted

NOAA prediction is for a rapid switch from El Nino (warm and dry), to La Niña ( cold and wet), starting July through next December. Those changes usually take a couple years. We might have ice and snow early next winter.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.