St Croix Opener

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Who going? Where you fishing? Which state rules ate you rolling? It’s coming up fast.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I hope to be out on opener. Wish it was next weekend instead of May 4th. I need to follow the WI rules.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ll be out of Franconia like normal on the Croix, can’t wait. The rain really made the river look good again

Aboxy17

Gonna get up around Marine and chase some smallies. I have never really fished north of the Taylor Falls. Is that better water for smallmouth fishing or not? I have a 16 ft so should be fine if the water is higher.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Gonna get up around Marine and chase some smallies. I have never really fished north of the Taylor Falls. Is that better water for smallmouth fishing or not? I have a 16 ft so should be fine if the water is higher.

I run my 17ft6 up there year round. That’s my go to area. Definitely have to get through shallow areas, but those giant tour paddle boats have a solid dredge to follow, some of my favorite smallie fishing can be up in the st croix bluffs. And fishing pressure is about 0

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Be out the “hot spot” between Hudson and Prescott. yay

Hoping the weather cooperates.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Fished out of Franconia on Sunday. Wow was the river busy. River was up a good 3 feet or more from the end of May. Guessing it’s high enough now that the new boat at Osceola might even be usable. Lots of boats out fishing White Bass but we didn’t see any get caught. Just a few sucker caught for us.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Fished out of Franconia on Sunday. Wow was the river busy. River was up a good 3 feet or more from the end of May. Guessing it’s high enough now that the new boat at Osceola might even be usable. Lots of boats out fishing White Bass but we didn’t see any get caught. Just a few sucker caught for us.

That rain really brought the water levels back up. We needed that, franconia was looking real bad.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Launched at the Bluffs yesterday. Went out to test new electronics and trolling motor. Beautiful couple hours on the water. Few folks out cruising around. Seen a couple pontoons and few tuna boats. Water around 50.

Deuces

Want to get out, not sure where now as WOB is shut down and don’t care for crowds.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Croix levels predicted to be above 680 by Saturday.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Hopefully below no wake. Or not?

boone
    Woodbury, MN

I think the St. Croix No-Wake kicks in when the level at Stillwater is 684 or higher. I saw the crest at Stillwater was forcasted for 681.7 so you should be good to go.

Walleyeguy34

How heavy of a jig will you need to fish in that ?

Justin riegel

I think the St. Croix No-Wake kicks in when the level at Stillwater is 684 or higher. I saw the crest at Stillwater was forcasted for 681.7 so you should be good to go.

No no wake is at 683.00. There is another 1-2 inches of rain forecasted this week. If that hits we will be no wake by next Monday, Just in time for walleye league to start. bawling

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Justin, doesn’t walleye league start on May 14? I’m going to miss the first week this year.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Will be out around Hudson on the opener weekend so will likely not even get up on plane! Imagine it will be busy but that’s par for the course there on opening weekend!

14th is first week of league @Kirk and @Justin.

Justin riegel

Justin, doesn’t <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye league start on May 14? I’m going to miss the first week this year.

Yea you guys are right maybe Randy switched it or I just read wrong (probably the case).

I am going to try and get out this weekend for bit if I can. I never do real good for some reason early. Maybe I need to try shallower.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.