Looking at the forecast holy buckets

• Jimmy Jones

Here also just came in from looking for crawlers. Didn’t find any must be to cold for them.

I pulled some mulch Saturday and the ground was covered with crawlers.

Without tornados, or flooding, this rain has been super beneficial. I’ve gotten just under two inches in the last three days. Its nice to see some water levels back to near normal. And the groundwater.

CaptainMusky

They are talking 80 over the weekend and possible severe storms!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I got about an inch of rain too. Glad it was liquid moisture and not the white stuff.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

doah not talk like that!!!!!! rotflol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

No 80’s in the forecast for my area, but some Low 70’s. I’ll take it. The rain + the Warmer temps should really start to green things up around here. That will sure be nice. Tired of looking at ugly brown yards.

JEREMY
    BP

Wonder how fast the shrooms will come up. The ground is pretty warm in the woods for this time of year already.

CaptainMusky

No 80’s in the forecast for my area, but some Low 70’s. I’ll take it. The rain + the Warmer temps should really start to green things up around here. That will sure be nice. Tired of looking at ugly brown yards.

Yeah, that might be for the twin cities

Ripjiggen

I am not seeing that in the twin cities, but maybe Bel’s I meant Gim’s forecast is more accurate.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I am not seeing that in the twin cities, but maybe Bel’s I meant Gim’s forecast is more accurate.

LOL I’ll try to report back in a day with a more thorough assessment of the upcoming warmup.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A warm up this weekend looks likely. I am seeing 70-75 degrees for highs in the southern half of the state and 60’s all the way to the Canadian border. Nearing 80 degrees in far southwestern MN.

The following week (April 15-19) looks wet. Another slow-moving low pressure system is going to enter the region and create multiple days of moisture. Where this goes through isn’t quite known yet, obviously. It will be all rain, no more snow.

Fake weatherman reporting

CaptainMusky

Even though we got over an inch of rain recently and that heavy wet snow we still need moisture so that will be good.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

A warm up this weekend looks likely. I am seeing 70-75 degrees for highs in the southern half of the state and 60’s all the way to the Canadian border. Nearing 80 degrees in far southwestern MN.

The following week (April 15-19) looks wet. Another slow-moving low pressure system is going to enter the region and create multiple days of moisture. Where this goes through isn’t quite known yet, obviously. It will be all rain, no more snow.

Fake weatherman reporting

It’s going to green up quick in the next few weeks, and I love it! Also, Gim I trust your reports more than any professional, which might say more about the pro’s… rotflol but I appreciate it!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Dandelion season is rapidly approaching. hah

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Yeah we still need the moisture badly. Everywhere I’ve been from SE MN trout streams are low and clear up to Mille Lacs is very low. I know we just got some rain but it amounted to very little. Maybe the exception is the St Cloud area and Duluth area seem to get the precipitation somehow

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

70’s in the southern half of the state this weekend and near 80 by Monday, with 60’s all the way to the Canadian border.

On Monday, a slow moving low pressure system will arrive and stick around for multiple days. This entire system will be rain and totals will be very consistent throughout the region. Here is the 7 day precipitation estimates through April 19. 1-2 inch amounts will be very common in a large geographic area from the Dakotas eastward into Wisconsin and south into Iowa.

Glorious rain!

Attachments:
    1. 7-day-precip.jpg

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Looking better and better…

Attachments:
    1. drought-map.png

FinnyDinDin

The prairies need moisture bad. Hopefully that rain extends a long way up the Canadian prairie and it’s enough to fill some seasonal wetlands for the duck hatch.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I hope that Canada gets some of this moisture as well. It’d be nice to not have 2/3 of the summer clear days marred with Canadian Wildfire smoke here.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

1.5 inches so far!! waytogo

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Same!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

We are finally finally getting some good rain! Looks like Mille Lacs is getting it too!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I hope that Canada gets some of this moisture as well. It’d be nice to not have 2/3 of the summer clear days marred with Canadian Wildfire smoke here.

Absolutely. That was frustrating last year.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

about 2 inches here!!!

CaptainMusky

1.5 inches I’m guessing. This wind is nuts! Broke my umbrella, can’t mess up my combover.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

2.25 here good crawler picking rain

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

All I know is tomorrow is lawn roller rental day. doah

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

We are finally finally getting some good rain! Looks like Mille Lacs is getting it too!

I don’t have a gauge but we received a fair amount yesterday with a steady heavy rain. Still getting a bit this morning.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

1.2″ here near Pool 4 as measured this morning. I’d be shocked if what falls today amounts to more than a few tenths.

As of last week we were in the “Abnormally Dry” classification on the drought monitor with most of the Twin Cities and surround counties having no drought designation. I’m not sure if this will be enough to push us back to “normal”, but we will take it. This is easily the most favorable start to a growing season for farmers in the area in quite a few years.

Hopefully the increased river flow is not too late for the survival rate of walleye/sauger spawn. Recruitment is much better with increased water levels reaching into May. This year at the peak of the spawn water levels were pretty low.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.