2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

You really can’t accept the concept of having a defensively responsible center allowing the 2 best forwards to run wild together?! This is the trio I wanted to see together before the season started and they’ve absolutely delivered.

I wouldn’t mind it at all if it worked, but they just don’t generate much offense 5-5 (the 1st Ek goal last night was scored 1 second after the PP ended) The Boldy goal was a fluke dump in by Hartman during a line change…

Ek gets the puck and he looks to dump it in and forecheck, that’s just how he’s wired vs a more offensively minded player (Rossi is our best option right now) who would rather drive the play keeping possession and look to get Kirill and Boldy involved on the rush…

can’t wait to see the obscure corner of the internet heat chart somehow proving me wrong…

tswoboda

It also helps that the majority of their players are huge and heavy

Helps? Sure. But just being big doesn’t make a team good at defense. Having a competent coach and guys that buy in like you said is 100x more important. Vegas is the heaviest team in the league and they play great D. But the Caps and Sabres are also in the top 5, so?? Edmonton is the tallest team in the league and they… how’s their team D been?

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>
    You really can’t accept the concept of having a defensively responsible center allowing the 2 best forwards to run wild together?! This is the trio I wanted to see together before the season started and they’ve absolutely delivered.

I wouldn’t mind it at all if it worked, but they just don’t generate much offense 5-5 (the 1st Ek goal last night was scored 1 second after the PP ended) The Boldy goal was a fluke dump in by Hartman during a line change…

Ek gets the puck and he looks to dump it in and forecheck, that’s just how he’s wired vs a more offensively minded player (Rossi is our best option right now) who would rather drive the play keeping possession and look to get Kirill and Boldy involved on the rush…

can’t wait to see the obscure corner of the internet heat chart somehow proving me wrong…

How about take your Rossi fanboi jammies off and just watch the last 2 games. How’s that for a chart?

JoeMX1825
    MN

This is funny… he deserves a statue!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6685.jpeg

tswoboda

LOL when do they announce the suspension?

JoeMX1825
    MN

How about take your Rossi fanboi jammies off and just watch the last 2 games. How’s that for a chart?

I’ve seen alot of PP goals…Rossi has been generating more with less at 5-5 imo…I will agree that Ek’s faceoff % means Kirill & Boldy starts with the puck alot more vs needing to chase it down and that’s a good thing…Rossi started the season ok, but he’s been brutal for a long stretch now on the dot…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I found it interesting Hynes went with Hartman on the extended 5-3 last night…I get playing a 5th forward vs Faber, but are we that desperate for a RH shot? with Ek setup in front, as a boards player he was relied on to be a shooter/distributor, not exactly his skillset…

Exposes a hole in this lineup that never seems to be addressed (for a myriad of reasons)

Another good game for the 4th line, I really like Letteiri, he deserves more minutes than Freddy imo…

tswoboda

97-Eriksson Ek-12 in 133 minutes
    Shot attempts 156-108
    Shots 86-62
    Goals 13-5

97-Rossi-12 in 57 minutes
    Shot attempts 65-65
    Shots 25-37
    Goals 3-3

I hope the jammies are comfy waytogo

JoeMX1825
    MN

97-Eriksson Ek-12 in 133 minutes
    Shot attempts 156-108
    Shots 86-62
    Goals 13-5

97-Rossi-12 in 57 minutes
    Shot attempts 65-65
    Shots 25-37
    Goals 3-3

I hope the jammies are comfy waytogo

When did Kaprizov-Rossi-Boldy play together?

tswoboda

They had a few games together before Deano got fired

Ripjiggen

Sweden games for sure.

CaptainMusky

I get playing a 5th forward vs Faber, but are we that desperate for a RH shot? with Ek setup in front, as a boards player he was relied on to be a shooter/distributor, not exactly his skillset…

Faber is also a RH shot.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

They had a few games together before Deano got fired

so we’re comparing line play during arguably the entire team’s worst stretch of games where they all looked like they quit vs arguably 2 of their better games this season? I’d be willing to bet even Freddy & Merrill have somehow looked better the last 2 games vs the games before Deano got canned…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I get playing a 5th forward vs Faber, but are we that desperate for a RH shot? with Ek setup in front, as a boards player he was relied on to be a shooter/distributor, not exactly his skillset…

Faber is also a RH shot.

yeah, i’d have to watch it again and see who they had QB’ing the extended 5-3 since Zuccy was down low with Kirill most of the time trying their stuff play…maybe it was Hartman? Maybe there was something going on with Faber at that time? First time i’ve seen them put Hartman out on a 5-3…typically it’s Faber, Rossi, JoJo…

CaptainMusky

Its possible he had a long shift right before that.

tswoboda

so we’re comparing line play during arguably the entire team’s worst stretch of games where they all looked like they quit vs arguably 2 of their better games this season? I’d be willing to bet even Freddy & Merrill have somehow looked better the last 2 games vs the games before Deano got canned…

always full of excuses, sorry to hurt your feelings with numbers again rotflol

tswoboda

Hartman on the 5v3 caught me off guard too. I was hoping they’d take a timeout in there to keep everyone fresh but apparently not needed. Did Boldy take the shot that broke the stick? Once that happened the fun was over for Vegas. The powerplay both 5v4 and 5v3 was really solid, and for the most part has been for awhile now.

JoeMX1825
    MN

always full of excuses, sorry to hurt your feelings with numbers again rotflol
    [/quote]
    so you’re good with comparing line play during those 2 drastically different periods of time this season?

CaptainMusky

so you’re good with comparing line play during those 2 drastically different periods of time this season?

How else would you do it if they havent been together since?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Rossi is not getting the love he deserves. Dude is what, 3rd in rookie leaders? Give him the time and lines of bedard and Faber and I bet his numbers would be even closer to the top. I know there’s a ton of time left in the season for him and others to move up and down the leaderboard but he rarely gets acknowledged.

He’s also had some of the worst puck luck ever this season with TONS of scoring chances stopped or hitting pipes, multiple goals taken away due to challenges, penalty called right before he scores, etc…
    He needs to get alot better on faceoffs though…

JoeMX1825
    MN

How else would you do it if they havent been together since?

I wouldn’t knowing how bad the team was at that time before Deano got fired, the team totally quit on him at the end…

Just saying it’s not a fair comparison and you could pull stats for ANY set of players during that timeframe vs the recent 2 games and they would all be night & day different…

tswoboda

Maybe if Rossi would have been a true, legit, second coming of christ #1Center, and made his linemates better like Big Pekker Ekker does, then that wouldn’t have been such a terrible portion of the season.

vs the recent 2 games

You really think 97-14-12 played all 133 minutes together in the last 2 games? jester

JoeMX1825
    MN

Maybe if Rossi would have been a true, legit, second coming of christ #1Center

maybe…can you pull Ek’s line at the time stats during the last few games of Deano’s time?

tswoboda

maybe…can you pull Ek’s line at the time stats during the last 2 games of Deano’s time?

Lol Joe there’s almost 200 minutes there and you’re laser focussed on 2 games like it’s some smoking gun

Joe: Asks for charts
    Me: Posts stats
    Joe: Those stats don’t support my bias, they are trash

JoeMX1825
    MN

So you can’t pull the Ek line 5-5 stats during the same period when Rossi-Kirill-Boldy played together? I’d be willing to bet they don’t look so hot….which is the point i’m arguing…

I’m not arguing the stats, they are what they are… but to compare the success of the last 2 games to the stretch of games before Deano got fired is silly…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Joe: Asks for charts
    Me: Posts stats
    Joe: Those stats don’t support my bias, they are trash

LOL how dare you use stats to support an opinion here.

JoeMX1825
    MN

on a side note, Gabe Perrault is now leading the NCAA scoring…perhaps one of Judd’s biggest misses…would love to have been a fly on the wall in the Wild’s Draft room last June and see if Stramel was truly Judd’s guy or if he was overruled by GMBG or somebody else…

to be fair, he’s playing with 2 other top 8 draft picks at BC

Really curious to see what the Athletic Prospect guru’s say about Stramel’s season…If he doesn’t fit in Hastings plans, does he move on from Wisconsin to the CHL?

tswoboda

So you can’t pull the Ek line 5-5 stats during the same period when Rossi-Kirill-Boldy played together? I’d be willing to bet they don’t look so hot…. which is the point i’m arguing…

Find all the games they were they played together and I’ll absolutely do it, but that’s the part that takes time. All I did was post their entire season (no cherry picking) and that takes about 2 seconds to find. It’s not simply 2 games… 55+ minutes of 5v5 time is more like 5-6 games

My thought is you’re completely enamored with Rossi

Rossi does well with middle 6 linemates: “omg imagine how good he’d be with the best wingers!”
    Rossi’s put with middle 6 linemates and they don’t play well: “How’s he supposed to succeed with bad linemates?!”
    Rossi’s put with the best wingers linemates and they don’t produce: “well those guys sucked during that time and it was definitely not because of Rossi”
    Ek does well with middle 6 linemates: “those guys suit him well because all he does is dump and chase”
    Ek does well with good linemates: “it’s all them, imagine how good they’d be with Rossi”
    Ek: “stonehands”
    Rossi: “second coming of Gretzky”…. if only he had better linemates

tswoboda

@CaptainMusky Faber 50 point pace alert! He actually blew right past 50, straight to 52. The scary part is watching him defend against the extra skater in these last 2 games… The kid is insane!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2024-02-13-115543.jpg

Ripjiggen

So you can’t pull the Ek line 5-5 stats during the same period when Rossi-Kirill-Boldy played together? I’d be willing to bet they don’t look so hot…. which is the point i’m arguing…

Find all the games they were they played together and I’ll absolutely do it, but that’s the part that takes time. All I did was post their entire season (no cherry picking) and that takes about 2 seconds to find. It’s not simply 2 games… 55+ minutes of 5v5 time is more like 5-6 games

My thought is you’re completely enamored with Rossi

Rossi does well with middle 6 linemates: “omg imagine how good he’d be with the best wingers!”
    Rossi’s put with middle 6 linemates and they don’t play well: “How’s he supposed to succeed with bad linemates?!”
    Rossi’s put with the best wingers linemates and they don’t produce: “well those guys sucked during that time and it was definitely not because of Rossi”
    Ek does well with middle 6 linemates: “those guys suit him well because all he does is dump and chase”
    Ek does well with good linemates: “it’s all them, imagine how good they’d be with Rossi”
    Ek: “stonehands”
    Rossi: “second coming of Gretzky”…. if only he had better linemates

This made me LOL.

Viewing 30 posts - 3,421 through 3,450 (of 5,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.