2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• tswoboda

4 games in a row scoring for Ovi!

Don’t poke the Bear! (I’m sure nobody cares it was on Trent Frederik)

This is what Kirill needs to start doing when he gets 2 handed on the back!

I’ll never forget the flex on his stick

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240210_193246_X.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Yurov with an assist today tying Terasenko’s record, he has 6 games left to break it and then add to it…

Bring him over BillyG!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ridley Grieg would have been thrown in jail after the game like the Hanson Bros if it was reversed and he hit Reilly…

I like both sides of it, but Reilly absolutely should get suspended unless he falls under the 1st offense rules…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Ridley Grieg would have been thrown in jail after the game like the Hanson Bros if it was reversed and he hit Reilly…

I like both sides of it, but Reilly absolutely should get suspended unless he falls under the 1st offense rules…

Here’s the conversation in the league office.

Player safety: Morgan Rielly just cross checked Ridley Grieg in the face after Grieg scored an empty netter. We gotta hold a hearing and suspend his @ss for 6 games.

Commissioner’s Office: Yeah, we can’t have cross checks to the … Wait. Isn’t Rielly with the Leafs? You said suspend his @ss for 1 game, right?

Player safety: Yeah. Leafs. 1 game suspension. That’s what I said.

The league is desperate to make Toronto great again. Biggest market in Canada. Quite possibly the largest fanbase in hockey. Last year was supposed to be THE MTLGA. This season they are holding on to a wild card spot. No way does Gary want any disruptions, especially when there’s the excuse of Grieg victory lapping it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Reilly has an in-person meeting, so he has at least 5 games minimum…

tswoboda

David Peron is a good comp

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ovi now on a 5 game goal streak! I told ya’ll he’d heat up!

tswoboda

Uh oh, rumors are starting that Yurov is staying in Russia next year

Update: Rumors are true

JoeMX1825
    MN

Uh oh, rumors are starting that Yurov is staying in Russia next year

Update: Rumors are true

What worries me now is that the Russian Oligarch who owns the legendary SKA KHL franchise (and who just opened the largest indoor hockey arena in the WORLD) will offer him a blank check after next season that destroys what he’ll be forced to earn in the NHL over the 2 or 3 years of his ELC…

Ultimately we can’t be upset with GMBG as it’s Yurov’s decision to come over or not UNLESS GMBG didn’t offer a full time NHL roster spot and Yurov had no desire to sit in Iowa and that forced his decision to stay in the KHL…I know it’s not desired, but sometimes you need to make exceptions for the Russia kids to get them over here…

We’ve all heard he wants to play in the NHL, but money talks…our best bet is that Kirill talks him into coming over…

I bet teams thinking about drafting Ivan Demidov early will think twice after SKA opened that new arena (He plays for their younger team)

tswoboda

The media discourse on this is hilarious. Friedman went off for 25 minutes on his podcast about how 5+ games is too much. There’s technically a chance they go less than 5 games after the hearing but that’s very rare.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Great new Beyond the Ice episode all about Flower

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

The media discourse on this is hilarious. Friedman went off for 25 minutes on his podcast about how 5+ games is too much. There’s technically a chance they go less than 5 games after the hearing but that’s very rare.

I saw one new camera angle where Rielly’s stick rode up the shoulder pad of Grieg and that’s what they say caused it to hit him in the face…intentional or not, its still a cross-check to the face and 5 games should be the minimum…I didn’t see if there was any damage to Grieg’s face?

I love how the Toronto media asked Ryan Reaves what he thought of the play and he said he thought it was appropriate….of course he did…

tswoboda

I saw one new camera angle where Rielly’s stick rode up the shoulder pad of Grieg and that’s what they say caused it to hit him in the face

That’s what Friedman was going off about and IDK I’ve watched all the super slomo angles and maybe the stick rode up a little bit but it’s definitely not obvious. There’s a lot of room for interpretation there but I’d say it was going at least neck high from the start.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hopefully tonight is the last game we see Merrill, they gotta try Chisholm soon…

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Hopefully tonight is the last game we see Merrill, they gotta try Chisholm soon…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20240212_192350.gif

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nice goal by Faber there to start the game 22 seconds in. coffee

basseyes

Doubt it, but hopefully.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Rossi is not getting the love he deserves. Dude is what, 3rd in rookie leaders? Give him the time and lines of bedard and Faber and I bet his numbers would be even closer to the top. I know there’s a ton of time left in the season for him and others to move up and down the leaderboard but he rarely gets acknowledged.

basseyes

Rossi is not getting the love he deserves. Dude is what, 3rd in rookie leaders? Give him the time and lines of bedard and Faber and I bet his numbers would be even closer to the top. I know there’s a ton of time left in the season for him and others to move up and down the leaderboard but he rarely gets acknowledged.

He’s doing a lotta little things too.

basseyes

Best forechecking game all year for all lines.

tswoboda

Duhaime jester Sure looked line a blatant crosscheck but OK waytogo

Hynes has been putting him out there to defend leads and it surprises me but he’s done pretty well with it. Made a couple big plays tonight!

That was some really good hockey against a good team tonight. Especially after a goal 22 seconds in and Gus clearly didn’t have his A game.

Boldy could be a monster if he can ever find consistency

JoeMX1825
    MN

Vegas hangover after the Superbowl?

This winning is really throwing a wrench in my top draft pick world domination plan…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not gonna lie. When Vegas scored that fluky garbage goal 22 seconds in, I already gave up. They showed a stat on the screen about how dominant the Knights were at home when scoring first and the odds looks impossible.

Props for defying those odds and beating a solid team on the road last night.

CaptainMusky

I didnt watch a second of the game and was pleased to see they won. That empty netter at the end was an impressive play regardless if it may have been a penalty. LOL

JoeMX1825
    MN

Didn’t realize Ek is only 3 goals and 7 points away from his career highs with 30 games still to go…he’s the prefect example of how signing a young player to a 7-8 year BEFORE he takes off can strike gold for a franchise…

I still don’t think he should be playing with Kirill and Boldy, but the kid is money on front of the net on the PP, pays the price for it that’s for sure…

tswoboda

I didn’t watch a second of the game and was pleased to see they won. That empty netter at the end was an impressive play regardless if it may have been a penalty. LOL

Nice play but I was a little disappointed Ek didn’t wind up a roof tickling slap shot there

They showed a stat on the screen about how dominant the Knights were at home when scoring first and the odds looks impossible.

Vegas has unreal team defense ever since Deboer’s first full season there. When they decide to lock a game down it’s dam near impossible to get anything to the net, let alone score a goal.

I still don’t think he should be playing with Kirill and Boldy, but the kid is money on front of the net on the PP, pays the price for it that’s for sure…

You really can’t accept the concept of having a defensively responsible center allowing the 2 best forwards to run wild together?! This is the trio I wanted to see together before the season started and they’ve absolutely delivered.

CaptainMusky

Nice play but I was a little disappointed Ek didn’t wind up a roof tickling slap shot there

That would have been money. I dont get all the outrage of the kid that did that however.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Vegas has unreal team defense ever since Deboer’s first full season there. When they decide to lock a game down it’s dam near impossible to get anything to the net, let alone score a goal.

It also helps that the majority of their players are huge and heavy, that takes it’s toll on a team in the 3rd period…They also get ALL of their players to buy-in blocking shots and are typically near the top of the league in blocks…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I dont get all the outrage of the kid that did that however.

because it happened to the Canadian Yankees…

Viewing 30 posts - 3,391 through 3,420 (of 5,222 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.