2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Every team I wanted to win in the 2nd round has lost so far, I’m retiring from the 2024 playoffs if the Oilers lose tonight.

If the Oilers win, I’ll have 3 out of 4 correct.

I took the Canes over the Rangers. doah

JoeMX1825
    MN

Boldy sure making his case for a spot on the Olympic team with his play at Worlds… David Spacek continues to play extremely well against top talent for Czechia…

Lol, USA lost out today to Czechia… Ek scored the gwg for Sweeden

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Predictions for EDM/DAL? I’ll take Dallas in 5. I want to see a Canadian team in the finals so badly but I just don’t see it happening.

Ice Cap

I just don’t see Edmonton coming out of this series. McDavid has not been too many McDavid things. He must be dealing with something. I’ll take Dallas in six. Edmonton may win tonight as game one has not been kind to Dallas.

tswoboda

Stars are the popular pick so I’ll go Oil. Superstars vs depth, don’t even mention the goalies. Really hope the oil win. Oilers in 6 because PDB doesn’t lose game 7’s

Ripjiggen

I just don’t see Edmonton coming out of this series. McDavid has not been too many McDavid things. He must be dealing with something. I’ll take Dallas in six. Edmonton may win tonight as game one has not been kind to Dallas.

21 points in 12 games. He alright.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Bouchard is gonna cost the Oilers $10+ aav on an extension and they will still be paying Nurse $9.25aav for 5 more years… Then factor in the Draisaitl and McJesus record breaking extensions in the next few years… Yikes!

Those 4 guys will be 1/2 their cap in a few years…

tswoboda

Yeah sucks to be Edmonton being stuck with all those good players who lead the playoffs in points every season. Poor Oilers

JoeMX1825
    MN

Yeah sucks to be Edmonton being stuck with all those good players who lead the playoffs in points every season. Poor Oilers

I’m not complaining for them, just saying that’s a crazy cap/player ratio, especially with 2 being on defense…

tswoboda

It’s OK Joe the cap is going up and that helps every team

tswoboda

22 now

And the general consensus really is that he must be hurt… crazy

Every regular season Matthews convinces me he’s the best center behind McD and Mackinnon… and then the playoffs start and it’s so obvious how much better Draisaitl is when it matters

CaptainMusky

No US or Canada or Finland or sweden in championship? Who had that on their bingo card?

tswoboda

US should be relegated for losing in the quarters. No one on this team gets to play in the Four Nations or Olympics, sorry Boldy. Sad part is probably half of this team’s defensemen will be on the Olympic roster.

Ripjiggen

This tourney means nothing for the big four. Means even less for the big 2. Just players that don’t make the playoffs playing extra playoff games basically for conditioning.

CaptainMusky

This tourney means nothing for the big four. Means even less for the big 2. Just players that don’t make the playoffs playing extra playoff games basically for conditioning.

This is true. T jumping off the deep end.

JoeMX1825
    MN

There’s alot of talk lately of late risers and fallers in the draft, the Wild will likely have their choice of a high quality Defenseman or Right Shot Wing at pick #13…

Cole Eiserman, Carter Yakemchuk, Adam Juricik, Becket Sennecke, Liam Greentree, Konsta Helenius, Michael Brandsegg-Nygard are all expected to be available in the pick #13 range…although there’s always 1 or 2 kids that go alot earlier…

If your the Wild I don’t know how you can pass on Eiserman…the kid was born to score goals, yes he has issues with the rest of his game, but those can be improved with coaching…

CaptainMusky

Well at least we can count on the women to win championships! Lynx now the pro women’s hockey team. Well done ladies. Fun game to watch.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I saw a video mentioning GMBG should give new Blue Jackets GM Don Waddell a call regarding a possible trade. One Rossi trade i’d be ok with would be straight up for Columbus Defenseman David Jiricek. For those who aren’t familiar with him, he’s a 6’3″ RH Defenseman who was drafted #6 overall in 2022. He’s had some issues with the old Columbus Management that caused him a demotion to their AHL team last season… The kid is uber talented and still has 2 years of his ELC left…

Columbus has Fantilli and Sillinger already at center, so that might throw a wrench in this trade idea…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wild let Darby go today, it’s about time…

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    Wild let Darby go today, it’s about time…

Interesting.

Wild need to reboot their way of thinking, they need fresh ideas on the PP/PK…Darby was always the guy with the whiteboard on the bench the past 10+ years…

CaptainMusky

I dont think he was in charge of either of those specialty teams.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I dont think he was in charge of either of those specialty teams.

and yet you never saw Jason King huddling up the players on the bench drawing plays on the whiteboard…Everything was ran through Darby imo…he was Deano’s right hand man… Hynes likely wants his own staff now…

CaptainMusky

Oh I dont doubt that Hynes wants his own persons in place.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

If your the Wild I don’t know how you can pass on Eiserman…

No way the Wild would pass on him but I don’t think chances are good they will have the chance.

Good article in the Athletic listing all the UFAs. The list is mouth-watering. Too bad the Wild won’t be making a play for any of the big guns.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Suter gives McJesus his famous 2 hand cross check to the ribs, Oilers then make him pay by scoring on the powerplay…

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    If your the Wild I don’t know how you can pass on Eiserman…

No way the Wild would pass on him but I don’t think chances are good they will have the chance.

Good article in the Athletic listing all the UFAs. The list is mouth-watering. Too bad the Wild won’t be making a play for any of the big guns.

yeah, no major signings this offseason but they’ll be able to make a run at any big pending UFA’s at the trade deadline with the intention of signing them longterm to an extension…

basseyes

Suter gives McJesus his famous 2 hand cross check to the ribs, Oilers then make him pay by scoring on the powerplay…

So glad to see him tackle Ott leading to a goal the other night and then be on the ice again for another goal. Now finally getting called for cross checking, and complains on his way to the box. So glad he’s gone. Never liked him and still don’t. Highly underwhelming his whole career.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Now finally getting called for cross checking, and complains on his way to the box.

He complained because McDavid speared him after he got back up. No call. They just showed it on replay.

Certainly the cross check was a penalty but spearing is also a penalty. Arguably a more dangerous one too.

Viewing 30 posts - 5,371 through 5,400 (of 5,506 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.