2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Can someone explain to me how this having broadcasts scattered between 3 networks makes any sense?

The Athletic repored that Bally’s parent company is teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. The NHL and MLB are said to be involved in negotiations to bail out Bally because having them go broke would be a disaster and there is no plan B.

But yet they need to bring in ESPN and split the games, taking commercial revenue from the broadcaster that they may have to bail out.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Its all about the benjamins and diversification…. Why sell a $500 million tv contract to 1 network when you can sell to three for $700 million…

All 3 networks are very different too, TNT is a more young & hip broadcast, ESPN is the all sports network and Ballys is the home market network….

Its kinda the new thinking for the major networks, it dont matter what it is, its all about getting as much content as possible… then that content can be moved around at their will to help to push new platforms, channel packages and revenue streams…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Greenway looks like he’s starting to find his game again tonight.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Holy crap the top line scored a 5-5 goal! Pencil Steel in as 1C forever! (Kidding)

tswoboda

Can someone explain to me how this having broadcasts scattered between 3 networks makes any sense?

How many does the NFL have, 5?? The only one that kills me is NHL Network.

Campbell is so bad lol McDavid will never get an even average goalie

Ripjiggen

Wonder what Toews would cost at the deadline or before? No way Kane comes to wild. Can you imagine Kane on the Bruins?

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TheFamousGrouse wrote:</div>

How many does the NFL have, 5?? The only one that kills me is NHL Network.

Campbell is so bad lol McDavid will never get an even average goalie

and they passed on Wallstedt…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Its all about the benjamins and diversification…. Why sell a $500 million tv contract to 1 network when you can sell to three for $700 million…

And if you have to bail out 1 network to the tune of tens or hundreds of millions or more just to keep them in business, then I’m not seeing this new math making sense.

The league needs to figure this out.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Petan just cashed in his ticket back to Iowa…

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

And if you have to bail out 1 network to the tune of tens or hundreds of millions or more just to keep them in business, then I’m not seeing this new math making sense.

The league needs to figure this out.

not sure I believe the Ballys bankruptcy rumor, Fox had to spin it off to avoid monopoly rules, not sure how you cant make money with Pro sports tv rights…their distribution thinking has always been a problem though…

JoeMX1825
    MN

So nice to be able to lean on the GREEF line again….

Tom schmitt

After watching Bally’s, TNT and now ESPN+ the NHL made a huge mistake with espn.
    Awful broadcast simply awful.

JoeMX1825
    MN

After watching Bally’s, TNT and now ESPN+ the NHL made a huge mistake with espn.

it’s gotten better, but yes still last of the bunch… TNT Wednesday night is must watch TV if you’re a hockey fan…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tom schmitt wrote:</div>

it’s gotten better, but yes still last of the bunch… TNT Wednesday night is must watch TV if you’re a hockey fan…

I could watch just the intermission crew. They go after each other for twenty minutes straight. It’s quality entertainment.

CaptainMusky

I could watch just the intermission crew. They go after each other for twenty minutes straight. It’s quality entertainment.

I just wish they would get rid of Anson Carter. Hes trash.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I just wish they would get rid of Anson Carter. Hes trash.

X1000 and still cant believe how he went after Russo. Biz just really makes that show.

CaptainMusky

X1000 and still cant believe how he went after Russo. Biz just really makes that show.

agreed. Gretzky is actually much better than I thought he would be. Tochet is fantastic too.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The Athletic repored that Bally’s parent company is teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. The NHL and MLB are said to be involved in negotiations to bail out Bally because having them go broke would be a disaster and there is no plan B.

But yet they need to bring in ESPN and split the games, taking commercial revenue from the broadcaster that they may have to bail out.

Gary Bettman is still the Commish, same guy that signed that awesome TV deal with media juggernaut Versus…Maybe he’s got a thing for failing TV channels.
    I’m still of the mind that Bettman is loyal to the NBA and purposely sabotaging the NHL (kidding, kinda) rotflol

Tom schmitt

The TNT crew with Gretsky is awesome!
    And yes they should look for a replacement for carter, pretty sure anyone would be an upgrade.

Ripjiggen

But shouldn’t they have a fighter take care of that? They might get hurt. whistling

JoeMX1825
    MN

But shouldn’t they have a fighter take care of that? They might get hurt. whistling

probably… you dont think either coach was puckering the entire fight???

CaptainMusky

Lol Reaves almost out skated someone. Didn’t have that on my bingo card. 4th line looks good. Beef with Reaves and the 2 smurfs.

CaptainMusky

Geez Petan do you know what color jersey you’re wearing? Greenway having a strong game.

tswoboda

They all better look good today, the Ducks are terrible.

Cool seeing Dewar Shaw and Addison buzzing around the O zone together. They were teammates for most of the year on a bad Iowa team last year!

Steel just tried a between the legs shock

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Steel can’t stay on his feet ever. Seems whenever the puck touches his stick he falls over. Perfect 1C attributes.

CaptainMusky

They better turn it up this is getting ugly. Can’t lose this one with Stars tomorrow

Viewing 30 posts - 1,861 through 1,890 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.