2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• CaptainMusky

They waive him the day after the game where Quick gave up most of the goals? That seems to make sense.

JoeMX1825
    MN

It’s likely more of a “Wake the F Up” move the Kings are sending to Cal than anything…nobody is going to claim him….

CaptainMusky

It’s likely more of a “Wake the F Up” move the Kings are sending to Cal than anything…nobody is going to claim him….

Right at $5M for 3 years not a chance.

JoeMX1825
    MN

another Assist for Rossi last night (4 points in 2 games) Wallstedt got his 2nd win in a row (they are starting to play him more)

CaptainMusky

Wallstedt being injured early hampered his playing, but I hope he stays healthy. It would be fun to see him in St Paul for a game or two just to watch him, but I am fine with him marinating in Iowa for a while.
    Game on ESPN+ tonight. Looks like I will have to sign up. Ugh. Yeah, Joe, I know there is so much to watch on there, but I have so many streaming services, etc that I am paying for that I hardly use I just dont know if another $7 or whatever it is worth it. I am still paying for directv satellite when I have directv stream solely because of the NFL Sunday ticket. LOL

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think the ESPN+/Disney pricing just went up too… My young kids watch Disney+ so it’s required in my household…

icex

I’m no longer playing the game of paying for multiple streaming services to keep chasing these games around. But most people will so expect the games to only get more fragmented across more networks in the future as long as everyone is willing to pay up another seven or ten bucks or whatever to watch.

I found out last year missing a few games on tv doesn’t end the world. Gamecenter on NHL.com updates almost instantly with highlights of goals. There’s always the game recaps after the game or the next morning.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Is anyone else using a VPN to stream the Ballys games using the espn+ app? This has since stopped working for me. Although my computer is having issues with Wi-Fi lately so that may be the problem.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I think the ESPN+/Disney pricing just went up too… My young kids watch Disney+ so it’s required in my household…

They are bundled with Hulu+ if you stream, we just cancelled Disney after realizing we were paying for it twice. Pretty silly of the NHL imo, that I get about 6-10 NHL games every night on ESPN+, but rarely the hometown Wild.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wild Center prospect Hunter Haight was traded in the OHL today from Barrie to division leading Saginaw. Hopefully lights a fire in a mostly dissapointing season for him…

tswoboda

Is anyone else using a VPN to stream the Ballys games using the espn+ app? This has since stopped working for me. Although my computer is having issues with Wi-Fi lately so that may be the problem.

Been watching that way since the start of last season and it’s still working just fine. I watch on a firestick through the ESPN App and use the NordVPN App to change my IP Address. Most of the NordVPN IPs are blocked but once I find one that works, it works for basically the whole season. St. Louis has been the go to.

I bought the firestick specifically for this and it’s been good. The other way to do it is paying bigger bucks for a VPN router. Or the janky way to do it is VPNing a mobile hotspot through PC or phone but that seems WAY more cumbersome and prone to issues. The firestick or any other device that has the ESPN App and a VPN app is the simplest and most reliable IMO.

tswoboda

Games on NHL Network are the only thing that really frustrates me. Just a disastrously terrible choice by the NHL, especially when they put featured games like the freaking season opening night on there.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

So you’re using the vpn right on the fire stick?

I’m using my laptop as a hotspot where I’m using the vpn. Maybe I should consider a fire stick.

tswoboda

So you’re using the vpn right on the fire stick?

Yeah you can get the NordVPN App right on firestick and that’s how I use it. I think NordVPN is a couple bucks a month, but there’s other apps available as well and some are free. I just wanted something reliable and simple and this setup is just that.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Excellent. I may have to go that route now. Thanks!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

This play by play guy is terrible. Saying it was shocking that the Wild have won the last 6 meetings against the Oilers like they’re some great team, making a big deal about the Wild’s first sog 8 minutes in even though they’ve rang a post and controlled the play. He’s terrible.

CaptainMusky

This play by play guy is terrible. Saying it was shocking that the Wild have won the last 6 meetings against the Oilers like they’re some great team, making a big deal about the Wild’s first sog 8 minutes in even though they’ve rang a post and controlled the play. He’s terrible.

It’s still better than Leah Hextall

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

It’s still better than Leah Hextall

That’s not saying much.

tswoboda

Anyone watching the full time Kaprizov/McDirty iso-cam? Kinda cool

CaptainMusky

No I’m not too funky with figuring that stuff out yet. Didn’t KK get dinged up?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I find it too distracting with the game playing on the larger screen.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Petan is pretty worthless out there… slow and weak…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Man, if Boldy could become the next Zuccarello…. That would be a hell of a combo…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Damn, i’m not a Goudreau fan, but that was sick!

tswoboda

No disrespect to Zuccy but let’s set the ceiling a little higher for Boldy. I’m thinking Robertson or Rantanen – same frame and skill set.

JoeMX1825
    MN

No disrespect to Zuccy but let’s set the ceiling a little higher for Boldy. I’m thinking Robertson or Rantanen – same frame and skill set.

I was thinking more about chemistry with Kirill on the ice together…

JoeMX1825
    MN

GREEF line looking good sofar…

Viewing 30 posts - 1,831 through 1,860 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.