2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Gus has left the wrap around open all night. Not really his fault with that carrom but tie game. Kind of felt like it was going to be an OT finish with this one.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Merrill got so freaking lucky. Thank you refs for swallowing the whistle.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

No matters what happens in OT Gus totally stole that point. Made almost double the saves than Vanecek.

lindyrig79

Make up for the Dumba call.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Holy Hannah what an overtime. Highly entertaining

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

OH MY GOD WHAT A FINISH!!!!!!!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Make up for the Dumba call.

Dumba deserved that call for being a complete idiot.

lindyrig79

Awesome OT! Boldy is hot!

JoeMX1825
    MN

I didn’t realize Gus saved 47 of 48 shots tonight! Just Unreal!

Ripjiggen

What’s going through the locker room? No Spurgeon due to an illness and I heard talk that Johansson might miss tonight with an illness too.

Guessing same thing going through my kids school. 24-36 hours high fever and depositing anything you put in your body. Don’t ask me how I know flame
    Pretty contagious from what I can tell spring break can’t come soon enough.

No goalie fight…WTH

rumriverrunner

Why does Russo keep mentioning the Wild record without Kaprizov? What’s the thought behind this, Russo our local advocate and reporter of the Wild keeps mentioning this on the Athletic? Does Kaprizov want to be reminded from our local repoter we can sometimes win without him?

Ripjiggen

Cuz they lost there top player and still winning. Pretty note worthy imo. Especially since they are scoring some goals without him.

Same reason every reporter would if there top player was out for a month.

Would probably mention how much the team misses KK if they were losing.

JoeMX1825
    MN

F’ing Dallas ties it up with .7 seconds left… but then lose in the first minute of OT..

tswoboda

What is Dougie doing on the Boldy goal? No idea how he doesn’t catch him there. Also, why is a grown man called Dougie??

Jack Hughes is so good. Reminds me of prime P Kane the way he controls the puck in the the O zone.

Pretty cool to beat a top team from the East with the 2 best players out. Thank you Gus.

JoeMX1825
    MN

What is Dougie doing on the Boldy goal? No idea how he doesn’t catch him there

Big body skating up & down the ice multiple times in 45 seconds, he was more gassed than Boldy was…even Hughes was coasting back…

surprised he didn’t at least dive though, maybe he was hoping the time would run out…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Don’t see too many buzzer beater walk offs in hockey, what a goal!

CaptainMusky

Yeah, that was a crazy finish and Boldy is on fire right now. He has to get one of the stars of the week this week.

tswoboda

surprised he didn’t at least dive though, maybe he was hoping the time would run out…

Yeah DOUGIE was out there a long time too but it did look like he completely gave up or he though time was gonna run out. They started almost even up and Boldy completely pulled away from him. Boldy is probably what the 3rd or 4th slowest straight line skater on the team – I’d pick him to beat Reaves, Foligno, maybe Middleton, and that’s probably it.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

On Sunday’s game against the Caps Boldy pulled away from Dylan Strom. Don’t know if Strom has any speed.

On the winning goal last night, Boldy looked like a speedskater coming down the home stretch of the 10,000 meters!!

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think the idea of getting a break away gives ANY player a bit of an energy boost, he was dog tired though..kinda funny to watch…

I immediately thought of this Seinfeld clip :

tswoboda

I think the idea of getting a break away gives ANY player a bit of an energy boost, he was dog tired though..kinda funny to watch…

hah Turtle race

Maybe Boldy is faster than I give him credit for. He’s got really good edges and lateral movement but straight line always looks like he’s skating in mud. Strome is similar to Boldy in that skating is the weakest part of his game.

Still can’t believe they got him at $7mx7.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Maybe Boldy is faster than I give him credit for. He’s got really good edges and lateral movement but straight line always looks like he’s skating in mud. Strome is similar to Boldy in that skating is the weakest part of his game.

I think his takeoff/burst speed has improved alot, but that’s something improved leg strength and a skating coach can really help with, the stride is kind of a born with it or not though, so after the first 6-8 power strides his speed is what it is…

Whenever skating stride is mentioned as a negative for a young player I always think that was the main rub scouts had on Kaprizov…seems like it works fine for him )

Viewing 30 posts - 4,951 through 4,980 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.