2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I find it funny Russo has mentioned like 6 times in his past few aticles that Boldy hit a $212,500 clause in his ELC contract after hitting the 20 goal mark. The kid will make 7 sheets (Reavo speak) the next 7 seasons, wtf is $212k to him anymore???

tswoboda

And Kaprizov is also straight line slow, or at least below average. They’re pretty similar with their skating actually, obviously Kaprizov on a whole nother level.

Alex Tuch is the poster child for completely reinventing how to skate at 20 years old. He was a below average skater with the Wild and like 2 years later one of the fastest in the league.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Did anybody else who watched the game think Jojo was hurt bad? I thought for sure he broke his arm the way he was cradling it and couldn’t handle the puck when it came to him the couple of times before he was able to get off the ice…we dodged a huge bullet there!

tswoboda

I find it funny Russo has mentioned like 6 times in his past few aticles that Boldy hit a $212,500 clause in his ELC contract after hitting the 20 goal mark. The kid will make 7 sheets (Reavo speak) the next 7 seasons, wtf is $212k to him anymore???

Equivalent of a 3% annual bonus on his $7m salary. But he hasn’t been paid $7m yet and right now that $212k is over 10% of his career earnings.

JoeMX1825
    MN

And Kaprizov is also straight line slow, or at least below average. They’re pretty similar with their skating actually, obviously Kaprizov on a whole nother level.

I don’t know the last time I saw Kaprizov skate in a straight line for more than 1 zone (maybe the time he flew past the Devils defender at home and scored?) it’s kind of a no longer needed skill as the players are so big & fast now most straightline skating lanes get plugged up…

McJesus being the exception…

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Equivalent of a 3% annual bonus on his $7m salary. But he hasn’t been paid $7m yet and right now that $212k is over 10% of his career earnings.

his next contract is gaurenteed after signing, all these young players get advances/short term loans after signing their deals…
    Chris Pronger’s story mentioned it’s pretty common practice…

tswoboda

Yeah I understand how contracts work you’re just not going to convince me $212,500 is nothing. It’s still $212,500 and you can buy a lot of cool stuff with that money. Plus Russo needs stuff to talk about

JoeMX1825
    MN

Good lord MacKinnon is playing in cheat mode right now, cant be stopped…

We need vintage Crosby/Malkin to win their next 2 games..

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

McDavid has a legit change to break 70. People have been saying maybe 60 all year but with 10 games left he very well could make it. Unreal.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Inside scoop on how GMBG came up with his deadline moves…

CaptainMusky

McDavid has a legit change to break 70. People have been saying maybe 60 all year but with 10 games left he very well could make it. Unreal.

He is just absolutely unreal. The goal he scored last night was absolutely hilarious! He missed the net slammed his stick against the boards in disgust twice then gets the puck back and scores.

CaptainMusky

The Penguins did the Wild a solid by throttling the Avs last night.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The Penguins did the Wild a solid by throttling the Avs last night.

I watched the entire game, the Avs are a 1 line team this year, now it’s a damn good line and it spills over as a top PP 1 unit, but teams will slow them down in the playoffs and the supporting cast won’t be able to pick up the slack imo… Yes they have injuries, but so does everyone else…

It seemed like the Penguins held their breath just to survive everytime the MacKinnon line was on the ice and then took advantage when they came off…MacKinnon looks even faster this year, he’s unreal…but we all know things slow down in the playoffs due to the increased physicality…

JoeMX1825
    MN

so lots of folks should be happy, we’re the EARLY game for tonights double-header.. 5:30cst start time!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Danila Yurov’s KHL team lost in the playoffs today and he’s now without a contract! What will he do? Come to the states and sign with the Wild or re-sign in the KHL? I’m hoping he comes over asap…

Ripjiggen

Dean was on KFAN and said KK is back in Russia? I hope he miss spoke.
    Russo on in a minute hopefully he clears it up.

Never mind PA is an idiot.

tswoboda

Comes down to injuries for Colorado and how those guys do when they come back for playoffs. Of course they’re a 1 line team, they’re missing 3 of their top 6 forwards. Also missing the best defenseman in the league and their 2 big/physical defensemen as well. **If** they get everyone back rolling for playoffs they’ll walk right through the West again. Mackinnon is one of the few who elevates his game in the playoffs every year.

Remember when we were crushed because the Wild missed out on Ben Meyers? 1 goal, 0 assists in 33 games. Half their team is injured and he’s in the AHL. I think we lucked into a better gopher with stripper sammi.

Dean was on KFAN and said KK is back in Russia? I hope he miss spoke.
    Russo on in a minute hopefully he clears it up.

LOL he said “back home” right? He has a Minnesota home

Ripjiggen

Yeah I didn’t actually hear it just watching the twitter folks freaking out. Lol. I corrected it. Should just delete it. jester

tswoboda

No way I think it’s hilarious – almost spit out my coffee when I read it. I listened to the Deano opener and then shut it off so knew exactly where that came from. How out of touch is PA to jump right to that conclusion??

JoeMX1825
    MN

Even when they get their impactful injured players back (Landeskog & Lehkonen) they are still just a 1 line team, they don’t have the Kadri type of cementing player on the 2nd line anymore to take heat off MacKinnon & Rantenen, Compher aint it, neither is Newhook at this point in his early career…

Makar and Byram are 1 hit away from taking months off with their multiple consussion issues this year and the past…Girard lasted 1 round last year…

I still think the Avs are the top Dog (I haven’t watched enough of Vegas to know how legit they are) i’m just saying they are much more beatable & vulnerable this year…

tswoboda

Even when they get their impactful injured players back (Landeskog & Lehkonen) they are still just a 1 line team, they don’t have the Kadri type of cementing player on the 2nd line anymore to take heat off MacKinnon & Rantenen, Compher aint it, neither is Newhook at this point in his early career…

Rantanen played on the 2nd line for the playoffs last year and he’ll be there again when Lande comes back. Kadri was out for half the finals and conf finals. They’re not as good as last year, duh. But calling them a one line team even if healthy is a spicy hot take. They lost 4 games in the playoffs last year………….

JoeMX1825
    MN

They lost 4 games in the playoffs last year………….

Why even mention this? last year was last year, they were a much more complete team last year…

tswoboda

Because you’re insinuating that losing Nazem Kadri turned the most dominant playoff team in recent history into a “one line team” and I completely disagree and I’m telling you why I disagree.

Yes they’re not as good as last year but there’s a big ol massive grand canyon sized gap between not as good as last year and “one line team”.

JoeMX1825
    MN

we’ll see I guess…

tswoboda

still just a 1 line team,

Hopefully not up close and personal against the Wild in the 1st round

JoeMX1825
    MN

it will be interesting to see how Deano coaches these playoffs…we no longer have the GREEF shutdown line, so matching up against the top line isn’t really a thing anymore right? Kinda feels like we’ll just run lines straight up and hope the overall team defense is enough and we get balanced scoring…

Ripjiggen

Yeah don’t want to see the AVs first round IMO.

tswoboda

Yeah don’t want to see the AVs first round IMO.

Cale Makar is 15-1 for his career in the first round

CaptainMusky

He seems to be matching up the Ek line with the other teams’ top lines hasnt it?

Viewing 30 posts - 4,981 through 5,010 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.