Quiet in here

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Anybody been riding? We have been out frequently but not long rides. The recent dry spell made for some terrible dust so we have been on pavement a lot. Also most of the trails are tight by our place so I worry about running into idiots head on and the are plenty of them out there.

dbright
    Cambridge

I have not been out in awhile. Hoping for some rain before going out again.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

We did a 175 mile day just after the 4th then another 70 the next day. Ran into the groomer on the section just south of Cable, nice to see them out smoothing the trails. We normally ride early to avoid running into many other people.

deertracker

We are headed up to the Finland area not this weekend but next. Never been on their trails but should be a good time.
    DT

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We are headed up to the Finland area not this weekend but next. Never been on their trails but should be a good time.
    DT

Nice area. Let me know if you see many Grouse. Don’t hit a moose!

dbright
    Cambridge

DT

Not sure what you are riding or driving but I enjoy the ride in my pioneer up there when I drop the air pressure down under 10 from 14. Helps on some of the rocky trails towards silver bay.

Coletrain27

been riding back roads and small towns lately. have one trip planed to ely in august and would like to plan another one somewhere also this fall

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Yeah this forum always seems really dead. Heading to McGregor Thursday and spending the whole weekend riding around that area. Been at least 3 years since I went on a real ride, my main riding buddy moved to South Carolina and another sold his wheeler. Just starting to get my snowmobile crew convinced to pick up wheelers so we can do rides year-round

deertracker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>deertracker wrote:</div>
    DT

Not sure what you are riding or driving but I enjoy the ride in my pioneer up there when I drop the air pressure down under 10 from 14. Helps on some of the rocky trails towards silver bay.

We will all be riding traditional ATVs. Good call on tire pressure. waytogo
    DT

Coletrain27

We went for a ride today about 60 miles. Was excellent weather for it today

Attachments:
    1. IMG_9265-scaled.jpeg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Nice machine. That’s a fair distance.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Lucked out yesterday. Cool weather and a little rain tamed most of the dust. Rode Webb Lake, Moose Junction, Danbury, Webb Lake and home. Half and half gravel and pavement. 144.2 miles.

CaptainMusky

I gave my ATV to my dad since I wasnt using it and he runs it pretty much every day. It sat for at least 2 years without being hardly started. He has the same unit with 67000 miles on it while mine is around 1400.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Coletrain, which Yamaha is that? 4 seats? Looks relatively compact for a 4 seater, I like it. We might try to get into a Talon or whatever Yamaha you’re running there in the next few years, I’m just not interested in the city bus length 4 seaters that polaris and can-am offer.

Coletrain27

Coletrain, which Yamaha is that? 4 seats? Looks relatively compact for a 4 seater, I like it. We might try to get into a Talon or whatever Yamaha you’re running there in the next few years, I’m just not interested in the city bus length 4 seaters that polaris and can-am offer.

yamaha RMAX4 limited is the model i have. yes its alot shorter than most 4 seaters and thats why i went with this model. kawasaki also makes the teryx4 which is shorter but it has a smaller 800cc motor and more bare bones compared to the rmax. i had a teryx4 for about 3 years and really liked it but the rmax is a big step up but of course alot more money compared to the teryx also.

there isnt a whole lot of bed area on it but both rear seats can be slide forward in about 10 seconds or the rear seats can be fully taken out very easily

Jason

Anybody put there order in for the newly released 2024 Polaris Rangers that now have a price tag of 45+k if you load them up?

Coletrain27

the new northstar ranger XD model is 45k bare bones plus tax rotflol

MX1825

I gave my ATV to my dad since I wasnt using it and he runs it pretty much every day. It sat for at least 2 years without being hardly started. He has the same unit with 67000 miles on it while mine is around 1400.

67k WOW! shock Does your Dad ever shut it off? How many sets of tires did he go through?

Coletrain27

what brand and model is it with 67k? thats crazy. original engine?

Coletrain27

Just got back from riding ely/tower area

Attachments:
    1. IMG_7801.jpeg

2. IMG_7818.jpeg

3. IMG_7769.jpeg

Coletrain27

More pics

Attachments:
    1. IMG_9422.jpeg

2. IMG_7764.jpeg

3. IMG_9423.jpeg

Jason

Pictures look good, I have never road UTV up there thinking that there wasn’t enough area for a 65″ wide machine to go legally.
    I guess I will have to research some more and verify where a guy can ride…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Did you see very many Grouse?

Coletrain27

Pictures look good, I have never road UTV up there thinking that there wasn’t enough area for a 65″ wide machine to go legally.
    I guess I will have to research some more and verify where a guy can ride…

there are 100’s of miles of trails in that area you can ride easily with a 65″ machine

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    Did you see very many Grouse?

yea we did see a decent amount

Good to hear. I just made reservations up there for a weekend. Its been too long since I have been there and I love chasing birds around there when the numbers are decent.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

What were the trails like as far as number of other riders/drivers on the trails? Were there a lot of other riders/drivers or was it pretty quiet on the trails?

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

What were the trails like as far as number of other riders/drivers on the trails? Were there a lot of other riders/drivers or was it pretty quiet on the trails?

Very quiet and that’s why I love the area. We saw about 12-15 other rigs riding all day the one day and the next day we got rained out. We were there last June and saw about the same numbers also. I hate riding areas where there a lot of people racing around every corner. Tomorrow we are heading up again north of Hibbing to ride the thistledew trail system and some others around there which is usually a pretty quiet area also and excellent riding

dbright
    Cambridge

Cloetrain have you been to thistledew before? I stopped by last year on my way home and rode the southern half of the trails. It was a tight fit but nice trails .

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.