Pool 2 report

• sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I made it down to pool 2 monday afternoon, water temp’s were 82, there was a nice flow, and the water clarity was really good. We managed 7, all nice eater size fish, no big fish. We caught fish on leech’s crawlers, and crankbaits. It was nice to finally get back on the river and catch some fish

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Thanks for the update, Sippi!

I was out both Saturday and Sunday with similar results. Pretty good numbers but biggest was in the low 20’s.

Things are shaping up nicely with the good water clairty – these next few weeks should be good.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Eaters on pool 2 thats catch and release

…eater size. Its just a description of the size he is catching. Use the term in my boat all the time.

-J.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Usually refers to a spot that we are leaving very soon to go find bigger fish.

Thanks for the report. Might have to try and make it down there this month.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Quote:

Thanks for the update, Sippi!

I was out both Saturday and Sunday with similar results. Pretty good numbers but biggest was in the low 20’s.

Things are shaping up nicely with the good water clairty – these next few weeks should be good.

thought i might have seen you sunday morning early…i was trolling just upstream of you

bmart
    W. St. Paul

Hello Gents,
    New to this site and pool 2 fishing. Recently convinced the wife that a fishing boat would be a great addition to the family and have since been out on Pool 2 twice. Had good luck with cats and a few walleyes mixed in. Here’s to seeing you boys on the water!

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Welcome to the addiction.

What kinda boat should we look for?

JP

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I gotta get down there but to tell you the truth I think my next outing will be on P3 again. I was out last night and the bass action was good. I didnt even try for eyes. They lose priority with me in the summer/fall.

bmart
    W. St. Paul

Hopefully the boat with fishermen having an extreme case of uncontrollable giggles…because of the big Walters of course. Brown Starcraft with 40hr Suzuki and a black/white springer as my bowman.

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Despite the rain in the forecast, I am heading out this afternoon. I haven’t been on the river now for two weeks and am amped. It’s amazing how two weeks away really starts gnawing at a person.

Welcome to p2 walleyoughta.

-Drew

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Be carefull. There’s lightning with that scattered rain!!

I was close to a strike outside this morning.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.