Twins 2024 Thread

• Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

In the only news to come out of Twins Territory this off season, Buxton exclaims “I’m Back”

Ok Buck…..Apparently he’s back 100% and is expecting to start the season in centerfield…according to Dan Hayes latest interview with him.

I’m sure the front office will agree 100% with Buck’s opinion…. coffee

Attachments:
    1. 8dvn36.jpg

Ripjiggen

I’m m sure he is a 100 percent before spring training. It’s playing in the games where the worry should be.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Buxton…

jester

He’s going to try like he** to seem relevant to the Twins future when in reality (as last season showed) he isn’t.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I think the real news of the past week was the Fat Kid got signed. I thinks he is going to Colorado although the team might be wrong.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

He was signed by Anaheim

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think the real news of the past week was the Fat Kid got signed. I thinks he is going to Colorado although the team might be wrong.

Wow. That actually is some news. I wasn’t sure we’d ever see him again. It was a minor league deal though.

As for Buxton, I think everyone knows what he is at this point. Until he’s playing centerfield at the end of a season, you just can’t trust him.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He was signed by Anaheim

Really? Thats good news for Jack In The Box. Don’t know where he would play for the Angels.

Pailofperch

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishingstar wrote:</div>
    He was signed by Anaheim

Really? Thats good news for Jack In The Box. Don’t know where he would play for the Angels.

You really don’t care for the guy, do you!? jester

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I hate people who waste God given talent. He ate himself out of baseball once we will see what happens now.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The Angels don’t have a whole lot of talent, so it wouldn’t shock me if he has even an OK spring training he’ll make the team.

Don’t look now, the Twins have signed another game changer…..

Ladies and gentlemen, we got him!

Bubba Thompson doah

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The Angels don’t have a whole lot of talent, so it wouldn’t shock me if he has even an OK spring training he’ll make the team.

Don’t look now, the Twins have signed another game changer…..

Ladies and gentlemen, we got him!

Bubba Thompson doah

The Twins are his 5th team since August…or to put it in other terms he switches teams monthly.

Early Vegas lines show a tight race between Buxton and this guy for who logs more innings in the outfield for the Twins this season.

Pailofperch

Hearing rumors the Twins have traded Polanco to the Mariners for a truckload of guys.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hearing rumors the Twins have traded Polanco to the Mariners for a truckload of guys.

confirmed

Mariners are sending MLB pitchers Anthony DeSclafani and Justin Topa to Minnesota alongside pitching prospect Darren Bowen and outfield prospect Gabriel Gonzalez, per the report. MLB.com ranks Gonzalez as the No. 79 prospect in baseball and Seattle’s third-ranked prospect

Jorge had his moments with the Twins, but he’s become injury prone and we have young guys ready to replace him…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

For those who subscribe to the Athletic be sure to read the comments on the Polanco story. The children are at it again. grin

Dan
    Southeast MN

If you find yourself thinking “seems like he’s been here for a long time about Polanco….

He signed with the Twins in 2010 when he was 16.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Polanco was a quality middle infielder when he was healthy. He hasn’t been healthy much in the last couple years. Plus we have Julien who will immediately start at 2b and I think is an offensive upgrade. Brooks Lee could also be up by mid season and has legit superstar potential.

They got a lot for Polanco and got more money to spend in FA. While none of the guys they got back are big needle movers, the Topa guy was a quality reliever last season and the 20 year old is a top 5 prospect for our system.

I’m ok with the deal especially if it lets us sign a legit corner outfielder in the next few weeks.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Polanco was a quality middle infielder when he was healthy. He hasn’t been healthy much in the last couple years. Plus we have Julien who will immediately start at 2b and I think is an offensive upgrade. Brooks Lee could also be up by mid season and has legit superstar potential.

They got a lot for Polanco and got more money to spend in FA. While none of the guys they got back are big needle movers, the Topa guy was a quality reliever last season and the 20 year old is a top 5 prospect for our system.

I’m ok with the deal especially if it lets us sign a legit corner outfielder in the next few weeks.

That mean you aren’t sold on Wallner & Larnach?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m ok with Wallner and Kepler in the outfield but only one of the two. If they are both our corner outfielders we will be missing a lot of potential production that one of the FA outfielders could’ve given us.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m sold on our current position players and young players who can fill in for them if needed, we need another quality starting pitcher imo…you can’t rely on guys like Padduck until they can last an entire season without getting hurt…

Who do we currently have for starting pitchers? Lopez, Ryan, Padduck, Varland?, ?, ?

CaptainMusky

Someone put the trade in some trade simulator and it was denied because the Mariners gave up to much LOL

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

SP are Lopez, Ryan, Paddack, Ober, Varland/DeSclafini. So yeah, I’d like to see another SP as well.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t hate the first four, but Ryan worried me last season, and as dominant as Paddack looked after he came back, he’s still gotta prove he can do it.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Twins are reportedly close to signing old man Carlos Santana. Not the guitarist but the former Indian.

It’s not the corner infielder I’d hoped for but it’s not horrible. At least he’s an ACTUAL corner infielder that can hit for some power. They still have money to get a decent corner outfielder as well so we’ll see.

Rumor has it Miranda is looking really good again so maybe he’ll be back in the mix too.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Santana is done, but he was cheap.

JEREMY
    BP

They had to cut payroll from lost tv revenue. BSN gonna pay 46 million this year compared to 54 million last year. Good excuse.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

They signed another reliever that was with the Jays kind of under the radar as well. I think his name was Jackson? Sub 3 ERA last season. Most “experts” are putting the Twins pen #1 in the AL. That’d sure be a nice change of pace for this squad. Hopefully they sign one more outfield/DH bat. Or starter, but I’m not holding my breath.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Or starter, but I’m not holding my breath.

I saw Trevor Bauer posted he would be willing to sign for the veteran minimum with significant incentives. Seems like a no-brainer to me, and actually the type of deal the Twins historically love. Especially after the allegations against him settled and seem to be a pure extortion tactic.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Extortion? Read a little more she wasn’t the only one.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 302 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.