Twins 2024 Thread

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’d take a flyer on Bauer. Deal with the media heat for the first week of spring training and get on with it. He is a complete Richard though so maybe our MN Nice team wouldn’t be able to handle it.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

One more year of Twins games on Bally Sports North…..yay.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I dumped cable so I’m out of luck. It’ll be the radio this year I think.

CaptainMusky

I’d take a flyer on Bauer. Deal with the media heat for the first week of spring training and get on with it. He is a complete Richard though so maybe our MN Nice team wouldn’t be able to handle it.

One thing is for sure he wouldnt have to worry about facing Kepler.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I find it interesting that people will condemn the hell out of people for bad behavior yet would still welcome those same people to their home teams. Vikings fans for the most part would take Watson as a quarterback. Pac Man Jones as a DB from a few years back. Twins fans would take Bauer. They would have lined up to buy tickets on the steroid era guys had they been Twins. I’m sure hockey has it’s lowlifes also although none come to mind right now.

But with the acceptance of gambling into sports I guess nothing matters anymore. Role models for our youth will go the way of common sense for their parents.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Morals usually go out the window when said individual can help someone’s team. Certainly not a great look but it’s how it’s always been.

Dan
    Southeast MN

“Vikings fans for the most part would take Watson” is an opinion and would likely be proven false by asking Vikings fans.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nick Gordon traded to Miami for Steven Okert a lefty reliever. 4.5 ERA last season but before that had 3 seasons of sub 3 ERA.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thats a good deal for both. Gordon wasn’t going to play here.

“Vikings fans for the most part would take Watson” is an opinion and would likely be proven false by asking Vikings fans.

And thats a opinion of a opinion. grin

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I agree Dutch. Gordon is a solid utility player but had no spot here. We needed another lefty other than Theilbar out of the pen.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I would expect with the TV deal done for the season one more signing will be coming soon.

slough

I find it interesting that people will condemn the hell out of people for bad behavior yet would still welcome those same people to their home teams. Vikings fans for the most part would take Watson as a quarterback. Pac Man Jones as a DB from a few years back. Twins fans would take Bauer. They would have lined up to buy tickets on the steroid era guys had they been Twins. I’m sure hockey has it’s lowlifes also although none come to mind right now.

But with the acceptance of gambling into sports I guess nothing matters anymore. Role models for our youth will go the way of common sense for their parents.

There are plenty of good people in sports. But there’s not a ton of good starting pitching out there, so…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Bauer likely isn’t a good starting pitcher since he hasn’t thrown in what 2 1/2 – 3 years? He won’t move the needle on his own. He would need a great offensive and defensive team around him. In fact he would end up working mid relief out of the pen if he ever made it back to MLB. I’ll pass.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

He pitched in Japan last season and was 11-4 with a 2.53 ERA.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Pitchers and catchers report on Wednesday. Can’t wait to get it started. Hopefully they get one more arm or at least a corner outfielder.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Spring Training has begun! Love this time of year. Should be really fun this year with all the quality young guns this team has in camp this year.

CaptainMusky

Is this rotation going to be better this year? From what I have been seeing it seems they bolstered their bullpen.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I like predictions and grew up a Brewers & Twins fan…so here go mine:

-The Twins win 88 games and take the AL Central as it’s not a great division in baseball yet again.

-The pitching staff as a whole regresses a bit statistically from last year, but the bats do a bit more to offset the change.

-Rocco continues to leave fans shaking their heads at some of the lineup and pitching decisions in big games

-Royce Lewis continues to look the part and carries the team offensively while Correa seems to constantly be “working through a slump”

-Buxton gets injured multiple times and is in/out of the lineup regularly with tons of slated “rest” days

-The Twins lose in the opening round of the playoffs

-The Twins fail to move the needle in the offseason going into 2025 with signings despite the owners being wealthy and pocketing more $$$ than the last few seasons

-This prediction gets copied and pasted into the Twins 2025 thread with even more “hope” for the fanbase moving forward

CaptainMusky

Im actually in the camp that thinks Buxton will have a monster year. I think he will not miss much playing time, but we will see.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I agree Buxton will get hurt throughout the season (until he proves he can stay healthy, he will always be a huge question mark)

I think the bats will be ALOT better this season, especially the young core that should learn alot from last year…

Obviously the pitching will regress a bit with Gray gone, but I think they will surprise some folks with how solid they are again this season…I think our bullpen will be our strength, Varland will be permanently moved to the bullpen if he hasn’t already and setup as the main 7-8th inning guy…

I think one of the young studs in St Paul will get called up early and take off making sending him back down a tough call, but they’ll do it so he doesn’t accrue enough games bs…

I think Royce cements himself as one of the top young players in the league…really pulling for this kid!

Overall I think they win 95-100 games and get to the ALDS for sure, after that its a wildcard of who’s more healthy…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well they’re off to a great start blowing out the Gophers….. jester

In all seriousness, I think if Paddock can stay healthy he could be the top 2 rotation guy we need.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I see the Pohlads came it and said they will not be spending any money on the big free agents left, shocker.

Bucky, got a good chuckle from your post but it’s true.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

No matter how they do, there will always be a silver lining to look forward to for next season.

slough

I like predictions and grew up a Brewers & Twins fan…so here go mine:

-The Twins win 88 games and take the AL Central as it’s not a great division in baseball yet again.

-The pitching staff as a whole regresses a bit statistically from last year, but the bats do a bit more to offset the change.

-Rocco continues to leave fans shaking their heads at some of the lineup and pitching decisions in big games

-Royce Lewis continues to look the part and carries the team offensively while Correa seems to constantly be “working through a slump”

-Buxton gets injured multiple times and is in/out of the lineup regularly with tons of slated “rest” days

-The Twins lose in the opening round of the playoffs

-The Twins fail to move the needle in the offseason going into 2025 with signings despite the owners being wealthy and pocketing more $$$ than the last few seasons

-This prediction gets copied and pasted into the Twins 2025 thread with even more “hope” for the fanbase moving forward

Probably pretty accurate. Hopeful that Buxton stays healthy but that’s probably a long shot. Starting pitching looks like a question mark, I think that will make or break the season. Hopefully guys like Royce, Wallner, Julien don’t pull a Miranda and regress. Probably wishful to think Kepler will pick up where he left off last year but hopefully somewhere near that. Hopefully Correa has a little better offensive year. Would be nice if Brooks Lee could be a contributor but he might be a year away yet.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The only good thing I see from the current Pohlad cheapskate scandal, is that now the media is finally torching them. Gleeman even spent an hour in a recent podcast letting them have it for lying to the fans and pocketing the TV deal instead of using it after they blamed not having a deal for not spending money.

Either way, they should still win the central, but unless Paddock pitches to his highest potential and same with Ryan, I don’t see them getting far in the playoffs. I do think they will hit better this season. I also think Santana will be better than most people think. The guy still mashes lefties.

My other prediction is Brooks Lee will be with the big club by July.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Twins are trading with the Dodgers for former Rays Margot. More centerfield help when / if Buxton can’t go. He’s also cheaper than Taylor.

slough

Twins are trading with the Dodgers for former Rays Margot. More centerfield help when / if Buxton can’t go. He’s also cheaper than Taylor.

Appears to be typical Twins offseason signings of scrap-heap guys. Margot has virtually no power (52 HR in 800 career games) but decent average around .260. Also signed Keke Hernandez who appears to be about a .240 hitter with little power. But at least they were cheap!!

Walleye Man42

the Dodgers signed hernandez, we did not.

slough

Shoot, guess I read the headline wrong – can’t say I’m disappointed though tongue

CaptainMusky

Shoot, guess I read the headline wrong – can’t say I’m disappointed though

Ibce the dodgers signed hernandez then that made the guy we traded for expendable apparently. The two were mentioned in the same discussions so I can understand the confusion.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.