Twins 2024 Thread

• JEREMY
    BP

Did anyone even know what an intercostal was until recently??

Ya me cause I f-ed mine up a few years ago and after countless trips to the ER thinking was having a heart attack they figured it out. Of course the just take Advil for the pain gave me an ulcer that made me lose 25lbs. They obviuosly have better trainers but way to many PT appointments and 5 years later I still cant lift anything heavy over my head or pull like a post out of the ground without pain for a few days. Same reason I had to quit bowhunting and got a crossbow permit.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ve read stories where it’s speculated the training all year long is having a negative effect. The bodies aren’t getting enough time to recover from the long season. This could be especially true with pitchers who all off season tinker with the delivery to get their velo up and they just blow out.

Another case where they should be listening to the Amateur Baseball guys playing ball into their 40’s and 50’s, all those old timers know that any increased training is dangerous, even more so if it’s not met with an increase in beer consumption. And these are guys who have been playing since the steroid era, and are still playing today! rotflol

Walleye Man42

Paddack looked good last night, but it was the White Sox. They have been shutout 8 times in 22 games. That is a record I guess.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

What better way for Kepler to come back. Getting a couple of knocks and 3 rbi against triple A pitching.

Lopez goes tonight.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Thank God for the White Sucks.

I should’ve known that opening my mouth about being sure Brooks Lee would be up the second his back was better would be a death sentence. Apparently he has a herniated disc, which in my head means back surgery. Now they are saying they are confident he will play THIS YEAR.

Only the Twins.

FryDog62

What a win last night!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

3 in a row over the Hapless White Sux.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Good to see the sweep. Whew they needed that hopefully they can keep it going

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Eddy Julien on pace for 47 homeruns

He’s a scrub……..sorry had to.

Little update on Brooks Lee, sounds like surgery for his herniated disc is a last resort and he is halfway through an 8 week rehab that usually correct the herniation. So hopefully he’s about a month out.

Again, thank God for the White Sox. Hell even old man Santana got in on the fun.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Too bad they can’t play the White Sox for half the games this season.

Chicago may finish as the worst team in the history of MLB.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sometimes feasting on AAA pitching is what a hitter needs. We will see what happens in LA. There still is way to much swing and miss in this team.

For his fans……The Fat Kid has been playing 3rd base for the Angels so you can marvel once again what a feared player he is. But, you will have to stay up late to do it.

lindyrig79

Seems odd to see Sano in an Angels uniform. He looks slimmed down too.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Shocking that Ober has struck out Sano the first 2 times he faced him tonight. shock shock

eyeguy507
    SE MN

shocking that i have not watched a full Twins game with the wolves actually taking care of business………….for now

CaptainMusky

Sano had lost weight his last year with the Twins, but it didnt help much.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sano had lost weight his last year with the Twins, but it didnt help much.

I just buy bigger shirts and i think thats what he did also.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Duran is about ready to come back. Was back at his normal 103 mph velocity last night for the Saints.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>AnotherFisherman wrote:</div>
    Eddy Julien on pace for 47 homeruns

He’s a scrub……..sorry had to.

that scrub has a great eye at the plate. I guess you can never underestimate a guy with an Amish hairdo?

I see that Larnach is making the most of his call up. He has always had the talent. Maybe he puts it all together this year? Sure would be nice if he did.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Hanging a 10 spot on the Angels so far. Paddock has been shaky at best.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Twins are back to .500 with a 16-5 drubbing of the Angels. Paddack made it thru 5 innings for the win. Everybody including Santana & Farmer was hitting the ball.

On a surprising note the White Sux have won 2 in a row.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Santana now homered in 3 straight they said.

Not bad for a 37 year old DH

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Santana now homered in 3 straight they said.

Not bad for a 37 year old DH

The bad part was he had about 2 hits for the whole season before that. Would be really big if he can stay at least afloat for this lineup.

In other news, Correa is swinging again and sounds like he might even join up with the club this week.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Yeah I don’t anticipate him winning the batting title but he can still play a little. Another hit today and looks like the bats are finally coming alive

lindyrig79

Yeah the bats seem to have come alive. A nice sweep of the Angels and now the White Sox on tap again.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

If they can take advantage of the cake stretch of the schedule, then get Correa, Duran, and Topa back for the next stretch of tougher game, it would be huge.

I hope Correa can stay hot when he gets back in because he was having a great start to the season.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Correa in the lineup tonight.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

2 run homerun by Santana. 2-2 top of 6 in Chicago.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Left the bats on the West Coast, only 2 hits through 8. 2-2 bottom of 8.

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 335 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.