Twins 2024 Thread

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

Longest win streak since 06

We are at 8 in a row here in Winnesota

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Kepler drives in Buxton for the win. Max has made a difference since he returned. applause

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Duran back tonight. Should make this bullpen the best in the majors.

Brittman

Hoping the Twins have a decent May. The quality of the competition will become a bit tougher.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Woods Richardson getting knocked around. Gave up 6 hits in 3 innings. 1-0 White Sux top of 4.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Another win. 6-5. Duran closes it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

That was our last chance to watch them on TV (unless they are on a national broadcast)

As soon as my yearly contract has expired I’m done with Comcast!

Brittman

There are options to watch the Twins without comcast.

Another nice win.

May will be a challenge or maybe a better word is a test to gauge where this team really is as a possible play-off contender.

CaptainMusky

Joe did comcast and bally not get a deal done or what? Glad I have directv stream. It has all the channels I want and seems to be the most stable of all the carriers.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Why are they always playing the same team? It seems like every time I check the score or tune in, they’re playing the White Sox.

CaptainMusky

Its just the way the schedule laid out this year. Chicago is in their division so they play them like 82 times a year.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Its just the way the schedule laid out this year. Chicago is in their division so they play them like 82 times a year.

Haha I almost spit my coffee out at that over-exaggerated number. 50% of games against the White Sox! They’d be the #1-seeded team in the playoffs!

CaptainMusky

LOL Yeah, I know it sure seems like they play them a lot and they do. I am sure its like a dozen times a year for sure.

JEREMY
    BP

After today they dont play them again til like mid July.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Joe did comcast and bally not get a deal done or what? Glad I have directv stream. It has all the channels I want and seems to be the most stable of all the carriers.

nope, Ballys were dragging their feet and Comcast shut the signal off nationally last night (midway through the Nashville Predators game)
    I figured something like this would happen so I only signed a 1 year locked in rate deal with them several months ago, this will be my last cable contract…really hope Pro Sports move to a streaming model…at least the Timberwolves playoff games will be nationally televised from now on…

JEREMY
    BP

Our town ball starts Friday May 10th. My girls are getting excited and it starts off with dollar hotdog night. 20 bucks we can get in, eat and I can have 4 beers. Here comes summer.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Our town ball starts Friday May 10th. My girls are getting excited and it starts off with dollar hotdog night. 20 bucks we can get in, eat and I can have 4 beers. Here comes summer.

This is the way. rotflol I need to get my boys over to BP for a couple games this year. Last year we went to Chaska and Jordan a couple times.

orve4

First Friday night Game for the home team A couple Burgers a couple of beers for me and some Peanuts for the little guy and we go home happy with barely spending 20 dollars.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Buxton left todays game in the 2nd inning. Likely a leg muscle pull or strain.

Brittman

No matter … put up huge numbers late innings. 10 straight. Now onto the some of the top teams in the Central, East, and West. May should be a challenge.

Great to see a starting pitcher get the win !!!

JEREMY
    BP

Playing a bad team the little I watched 2 days in a row they took the lead late and gave it back just to have to do it again. Good teams won’t let that happen

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Are we sure the Twins aren’t a good team right now? Their starters have been pretty solid. The bullpen has been good.

They still swing and miss alot and they don’t always get started early in the game but they are playing better than they started the season.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Three series sweeps in a row ?!? toast

Ripjiggen

So no Bally’s surely the Pohlads will use that to cut pay roll right?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I’m surprised it took this long.

How many more years left do we have watching this bum? He obviously has arthritic knees and not much can be done. Maybe insurance can cover it and you just wash your hands of it?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

I’m surprised it took this long.

How many more years left do we have watching this bum? He obviously has arthritic knees and not much can be done. Maybe insurance can cover it and you just wash your hands of it?

jester Let me guess….you are one of the guys who thought the Twins f’d up when they got rid of Ortiz right?

Netguy
    Minnetonka

On March 28th I said Buxton won’t make it thru the first month. Missed it by 3 days.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

jester Let me guess….you are one of the guys who thought the Twins f’d up when they got rid of Ortiz right?
    [/quote]
    You already asked me this like 4/5 years ago when I suggested trading Buck for max return

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I have no ill will towards Buxton. I’m sad for the guy. All the talent in the world and a career plagued by injuries.
    Durability over ability. (Of course you have to have a certain level of ability).

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Nobody doubting his talent. Problem is that the front office is too dumb or too nice to not move on.
    It’s a business and maybe the Pohlads are pulling strings? They have their cash cow and trying to not ruffle any feathers.

As a business, it’s tough to move on but it’s the correct decision for everyone.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.