Twins 2024 Thread

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

tough to win games scoring a couple runs a game. we will find out by July if they can hang. imma start watching when they start playing the normal night games but box score watching sure don’t look good.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

The twins collective batting average through 17 games is .193, second lowest mlb team batting average in the last 50 years through that many games. Only the 2003 Detroit tigers had worse, who finished with the worst record in Al history that year.

I’m loosing interest before the season is really getting going.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It’s getting tough to put the Twins on the radio out in the garage anymore. Usually that doesn’t happen until July or so.

My Brewers are looking solid, but I still don’t see them as a huge threat to go on a run come October & November…but time will tell. I can still listen to them with a glimmer of hope for now.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

At some point Rockhead is going to need to ditch the HR or bust strategy. Three seasons in a row we haven’t been able to hit at all until July. Hopefully they can figure it out by then this year. Paddock and Varland really need to pick it up too, although it won’t matter if the team can’t score. Just brutal to watch right now.

EXCEPT…….Dutchy’s favorite, Miranda.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’ll bite on some predictions.

1) Twins win the division by 7 games.

2) Lewis is back by July 15th.

3) Correa is back by May 15th.

4) Buxton has his 5th homerun by June 1st.

5) Lopez wins 15, Ryan wins 12 but doesn’t make it to the play-offs (TJ surgery)

FryDog62

5) Lopez wins 15, Ryan wins 12 but doesn’t make it to the play-offs (TJ surgery)

I’ll bite on your predictions by asking a few more questions:

1) Will Brooks Lee factor into the major league team in 2024?

2) Who will the Twins trade away before the deadline?

3) Who (or at least what position) will the team trade for/acquire?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

1) Don’t know.

2) Don’t know or care.

3) Don’t know.

Nice questions but unanswerable because it’s a long way to the trade deadline and the teams needs aren’t fully known yet. grin

FryDog62

1) Don’t know.

2) Don’t know or care.

3) Don’t know.

Nice questions but unanswerable because it’s a long way to the trade deadline and the teams needs aren’t fully known yet. grin

You’re no fun… ask a question and stir the pot, but then take the 5th?? moon

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

No, no, no. I never asked a question. I made my predictions, you asked the questions. jester

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

A nugget from Gleeman this morning.

Atlanta leads the majors with a .292 batting average, and the Braves could fall into an 0-for-300 slump and still have a higher batting average than the Twins.

CaptainMusky

A nugget from Gleeman this morning.

Atlanta leads the majors with a .292 batting average, and the Braves could fall into an 0-for-300 slump and still have a higher batting average than the Twins.

Ouch

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Six game homestand incoming

Get the lawn chairs and brooms out, Im calling a sweep!

slough

Gleeman also had a tweet that the team’s .193 batting average through 17 games is second worst in the last 50 years to only the 43-119 Tigers from 2003.

CaptainMusky

I wouldnt expect the bats to warm up with this weather.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I feel terrible for them after adding so much this offseason, you could have never anticipated last years crappy offense staying crappy! They added a 37 year old DH for pete’s sake! whistling chased whistling

eyeguy507
    SE MN

watching my first game and it is pretty entertaining so far. the ball is just not carrying at all with the cold. hopefully one of our ninjas gets a big hit soon.

im not really upset that they did not add much in the offseason. their 2 best hitters are not even playing so the record pretty much reflects it. i would have liked them to have ponied up for another starter but whatever.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

im too lazy to google, why is Correa not playing

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pulled oblique muscle.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

well………..at least we have the Timberwolves

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

well………..at least we have the Timberwolves

LOL, you’ll be better hitching your wagon to the Wild. rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I haven’t watched any Twins games on TV. Are they still doing the ridiculous fishing vest thing after a homerun this year?

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

They should do something to get their mojo back. I don’t care what they wear.

Brittman

Unfortunately, most on the team should probably be wearing a Saints jersey.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They crapped the bed at home against Detroit. If they get knocked around by Chicago at home this week it will be time to get concerned.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

I’ll bite on your predictions by asking a few more questions:

1) Will Brooks Lee factor into the major league team in 2024?

2) Who will the Twins trade away before the deadline?

3) Who (or at least what position) will the team trade for/acquire?

You can certainly answer the Brooks Lee question with a yes. If he wasn’t injured he would’ve been called up the second Lewis got hurt. Once he gets a few games under his belt in AAA he will be called up to play shortstop.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

According to Gleeman the Brooks Lee news is worse than first thought. It’s a back problem now with a return no sooner than 30 days from now.

I’m thinking another 2 weeks before the trot Correa back out there also.

CaptainMusky

There sure seems to be a lot of injuries. That is very concerning. Is the training staff not very good or is this common across the league?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’ve read stories where it’s speculated the training all year long is having a negative effect. The bodies aren’t getting enough time to recover from the long season. This could be especially true with pitchers who all off season tinker with the delivery to get their velo up and they just blow out.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

My wife’s uncle has a relative that plays basketball with harry the hitman in the off season, apparently he barely lifts weights and pretty much concentrates on conditioning. Of course this is one of those he said she said deals so who knows but he’s been about as healthy as anyone for a long time and that is football. I can believe it.

FryDog62

There sure seems to be a lot of injuries. That is very concerning. Is the training staff not very good or is this common across the league?

In the last decade, “hyper-training” facilities (i.e. Driveline Academy) have popped up that many MLB’ers are going to in the off-season regardless of what team they are on and many times train together. They focus on fast-twitch, explosive muscle conditioning to gain bat speed, agility, speed out of the box, etc. Anything to gain an edge now that steroids are banned.

Do these guys get better physically – yes, but many times at a cost and there can be large muscle group injuries as a result of the intensive training that is basically year round now. That’s why you are seeing more oblique strains, quads, pecs, tricep, hamstring, etc. Did anyone even know what an intercostal was until recently??

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 331 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.