NFL General Discussion 2023

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

just what i read Gim…….couldnt give 2 flying fu……..anyway!!!!!

I know. I wasn’t trying to call you out on it Glenn. I heard that rumor myself too. Last year during a blizzard, the Bills actually did in fact move a home game to Detroit so it wasn’t out of the realm of being possible.

Detroit is actually using Ford Field for a playoff game, so there’s that too.

CaptainMusky

That video footage of the bills team coming back to the stadium to get their cars after that storm was absolutely hilarious!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

no worries Gim!!!!! waytogo

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

That video footage of the bills team coming back to the stadium to get their cars after that storm was absolutely hilarious!

Ok, had to look that one up.

-J.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Haha. I think Von Miller got a ride on a snowmobile to the airport from his house during this blizzard too.

stout93
    Becker MN

We better all hope this Peacock game is a massive failure, if not then we all know where this is going in the future.

Michael Best

It sounds like the Steelers / Bills game got moved to Monday now.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Huh. That is pretty crazy. I was looking forward to them playing in the weather

glenn57
    cold spring mn

just read that myself……sounds like the NY governor got involved!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The governor declared a state of emergency so having thousands of people trying to get to the stadium in a blizzard kind of contradicts that. Its been postponed until 3:30pm on Monday.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

The Browns, Yikes!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m now convinced the Browns will always be the Browns. Give them whoever and whenever on their roster…they won’t win multiple playoff games ever in my lifetime. Thank God I was not home in time to punch in a wager, as I liked the Browns to cover -2.

I don’t truthfully think Houston is anything too great, rather the Browns’ letdown was THAT catastrophic.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It was Flacco.

Stroud is a starting quarterback and Flacco no longer is.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

#FU NFL

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Demeco Ryans has to be in the running for coach of the year. I realize that its only based on the regular season, but the Texans were picked to win about 4 games this season. They win 10, take their division, and throttle the Browns in the wild card round. Whatever happens to them from here on out is a bonus for a team that was supposed to be terrible.

Mike m

We better all hope this Peacock game is a massive failure, if not then we all know where this is going in the future.

x2 I pay too much for cable the way it is , it will be a cold day in hell before I fork over any more money to watch a game thats basically pay per view , I dont care who’s playing

Michael Best

The wife and I cut the cord a few years ago. Well the wife likes the Chicago shows as well as the Law and order shows. It wasn’t a problem until last year. They used to be on Hulu. Well now you have to get them on Peacock. Since we have Peacock we were able to watch the game. If we didn’t already have it I wouldn’t have stared a subscription to watch one game.

It’s getting to the point that cutting the cord isn’t cheaper anymore.

lindyrig79

Dallas is on the verge of a massive choke job.

Michael Best

After the beating Dallas took today. Any guesses on Belichick slipping into being the new head coach.

MX1825

It’s getting to the point that cutting the cord isn’t cheaper anymore.
    [/quote]

I said that was going to happen 3 years ago. All the networks all have their own streaming service now and then you have YouTube TV, fubu, prime, Apple TV, Samsung TV, AM Prime, Disney, Paramount, Peacock, etc. They all have 1 or 2 things a guy wants. If you want all you’re going to pony up a lot $$$$$

lindyrig79

I do give Dan Campbell a lot of credit for changing the culture for Detroit. Huge win for the Lion fan base.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

NFC North well represented tonight! Hope the Queens are taking notes! whistling jester toast

Ryan Schwartz

I’ve been harsh on the NFL this year but have enjoyed watching the playoffs so far. Great to see the Lions advance after their years of misery. Unfortunately, I think the Vikings front office isn’t competent enough to turn that team around. Look at the backup QB situation…these guys would maybe be serviceable starters in the XFL/USFL.

Tlazer

Was hoping the Lions would pull out a win, until I saw some very questionable hits on the Rams players. Really didn’t like seeing the DB coming up and celebrating after taking out the knee on the Rams TE Higbee who appears to now have a torn ACL.

CaptainMusky

I do give Dan Campbell a lot of credit for changing the culture for Detroit. Huge win for the Lion fan base.

When he was first hired and all the theatrics around “The Dude” I said he was a terrible hire and the team wouldnt go anywhere. My how things have changed.

lindyrig79

“Who is the only NFL team to lose more wildcard and divisional playoff games, other than the Dallas Cowboys??” Per ESPN

big_g
    Isle, MN

LOL !!!

Attachments:
    1. DALLAS.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

A good weekend of football. There was some really fun games. Loved seeing the Cowboys get beat. That was a difficult game to watch as those are the 2 teams I probably hate the worst. I did cheer for GB though, as I simply hate the Cowboys the worst.
    Love is the real deal. If he stays healthy, I believe he many end up being a quality QB for a long time for GB. I sure wish Minnesota would learn how to draft and develop QB’s like GB does.
    Was happy for Detroit. They have came a long ways over the years to finally get a playoff win.

Brittman

Fishthumper I agree … I posted this on the Packer thread:

Growing up as rather young pup in the 70s I can tell you that Viking’s fans hated the Dallas Cowboys far more than the Packers. CBS … with Musburger and Phyllis George … Americas Team … Yuk.

Viewing 30 posts - 331 through 360 (of 487 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.