NFL General Discussion 2023

• big_g
    Isle, MN

Actually what was confusing to me, when I was young, my dad cheered for the Packers & the Vikings. His team was the Packers up until 1961… when the Vikings came along. Mn didn’t have a team back then and some would say the don’t yet today !!! doah

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Saw this the other day and thought it was funny

Attachments:
    1. Vikings-1.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like Buffalo is already toying with the Steelers. Fans having a lot of fun throwing snowballs too.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Tomlin might be the best coach in the NFL right now. He gets more out of his players than anybody.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

When did the bills sign Blair Walsh?

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Buffalo had a tough season but they are rolling at the right time. Next weeks KC / Buf game should be epic.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Agree Dutch, Tomlin is great. Never has had a loosing season and since Big Ben retired hasn’t had much for QB play and his teams still find a way.

Forsure lindy, should be a good one.

This Philly D is terrible right now!

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>
    I do give Dan Campbell a lot of credit for changing the culture for Detroit. Huge win for the Lion fan base.

When he was first hired and all the theatrics around “The Dude” I said he was a terrible hire and the team wouldnt go anywhere. My how things have changed.

Not the first time you’ve been wrong about something. Guessing it wont be the last either! razz

dirtywater

Tomlin might be the best coach in the NFL right now. He gets more out of his players than anybody.

That is a hilarious take right there. He’s not even the best coach in his division.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

That is a hilarious take right there. He’s not even the best coach in his division.

Your opinion.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Thinking with Tomlin having an above 500 winning seasons for 17 years gives him some street cred! whistling waytogo

lindyrig79

Good thing the Vikings held onto Childress and let Tomlin walk doah

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Ol’ Baker is baking tonight! Love watching Philly fans in agony! Some look like they’re about to leave to beat the traffic already.

Joe

Looks like the nfc east has returned to the nfc least.

lindyrig79

Philly goes from 10-1 to losing 5 of their last 6 games, limping into a road playoff game, and then getting beat by Baker Mayfield and a pretty average Tampa Team.

That’s what you call having the wheels come off! Bye bye Eagles!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Pretty remarkable run by the Bucs to win their division and then stomp the Eagles. I think they won 7 of their final 8 games to claim the NFC South.

CaptainMusky

Couldnt happen to a more trash city. I dont hate the players, but the fans are disgusting.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The first round played out about the way I expected. The only game I may have picked wrong was the Philly game. Then again that one did not surprise me much either. There are several good games I’m looking forward to this next weekend. KC and Buffalo are always great games and I’m sure this one will be another. It’s hard for me to ever bet against KC with Maholmes at QB. But Josh Allen is one of if not the only QB that has a winning record against Maholmes. The Houston vs Baltimore is going to be another exciting game. Two young exciting QB going head to head. It should be a great game

MX1825

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

Couldnt happen to a more trash city. I dont hate the players, but the fans are disgusting.

X2

Brittman

The Tampa D is decent and the Tampa receiving core is solid. Bucs and Packers are in the groove at the right time.

The Eagle’s owner is not a patient man. Sirianni on the hot seat ?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

There are going to be a crazy amount of coaching changes this off season. Sure wish Minnesota would be one of them. Just not a KOC fan. I think he did some horrible coaching in more than a few games this last season.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The first round played out about the way I expected.

Yeah, you expected the Browns, who gave up 21 ppg and the fewest yards all season, to give up 31 to a rookie QB (Texans had 2 defensive TD’s to get to 45 total points)? And the Packers to go in and whoop the Cowboys, who were unbeaten at home and giving up 18 ppg, with Jordan Love and his no-name WR’s scoring 48? You should gamble for a living, you would have made bank this weekend! rotflol rotflol rotflol (just some sarcasm, don’t take it personally)

There are going to be a crazy amount of coaching changes this off season. Sure wish Minnesota would be one of them. Just not a KOC fan. I think he did some horrible coaching in more than a few games this last season.

KOC is 20-13 as a HC, and has managed to make some amazing things happen for a team rebuilding. 13-4 last year with every nail biting finish coming up purple, and this year with a terrible start and 4 different starters at QB, still in the playoff hunt until week 18. Add in 2 basically worthless drafts by Kwesi, and you are way off on this one. No coach is perfect, KOC included, but he is about the last of my concerns with the Purple.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Really the only game that was competitively close in the wild card round was the Rams-Lions one. The others were all at least 14 point wins.

I think the Divisional Round is the best round. You get to see the top seeds and there’s still 4 games.

I’ll give KOC a pass this season. His teams were bad in the turnover margin and he needs to address that, but they were low on penalties and were competitive in every game except one, even with 4 different quarterbacks and missing a top WR. Some of his decisions at critical parts of the game were head scratchers. He does seem to have a very good relationship with Cousins though, and I hope that can continue for at least another season or two.

CaptainMusky

KOC’s chair isnt even mildly warm. Hes done fine, the team turning the ball over and losing so many key players is what cost them the season. Kwesi has a warm seat however.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

(just some sarcasm, don’t take it personally)

Not going to. I was talking winner not scores. I had the Texans picked to beat the Browns and I also picked GB to Beat Dallas ( Rather you want to believe it or not ) Just think Dallas play near the end of the season was rather shaky, and the packers seemed to be playing better as the season went along.

KOC is 20-13 as a HC, and has managed to make some amazing things happen for a team rebuilding.

I think the Vikings far overachieved Last season and really don’t think KOC’s coaching had a lot to do with that. As far as the team rebuilding, I’m not real sure what criteria is used to measure that term. Are teams that making the playoffs and winning games in the playoffs no longer rebuilding, and just the teams who are not making the playoffs the ones who are rebuilding? Maybe you can make a list of the teams who are in the rebuilding process and those who are not may help me better understand the term.
    My opinion on KOC as a coach, was just that, My Opinion. I’m sure others have their own and I am just fine with that.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Green Bay beating Dallas might have been the easiest game of the season to predict. Dallas folds first round of the playoffs damn near every time the make one. The MN Twins of the NFL.

Hate to say it because of the Packers fans here, but the Pack had nothing to do with it. It’s just what the Cowboys do. It could’ve been the Passtronaut and the Vikings and Dallas still would’ve choked.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

As far as the team rebuilding, I’m not real sure what criteria is used to measure that term. Are teams that making the playoffs and winning games in the playoffs no longer rebuilding, and just the teams who are not making the playoffs the ones who are rebuilding? Maybe you can make a list of the teams who are in the rebuilding process and those who are not may help me better understand the term.

I think any team with a new HC and GM is rebuilding, and that rebuilding window is typically 3 years to see how that is going. If the Vikings don’t make the playoffs and have a similar or worse record next year, then I think KOC deserves some criticism and possibly the ax. Kwesi needs this draft to hit, or his seat is REAL hot imo.

CaptainMusky

I think the Vikings far overachieved Last season and really don’t think KOC’s coaching had a lot to do with that.

You think the team far overachieved last year, but didnt underachieve this year or? Last year they won all of the close games. This year pretty much same story with a lot of close games, but the turnovers killed them and injuries to key players for great lengths of the season. That is what did them in. Had they stayed healthy and not turned the ball over so dang much in the first 5 games they would have likely won the division.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

in the first 5 games they would have likely won the division.

Wasn’t just the first 5 games. It was a pattern all season long.

They lost to Tampa, LA Chargers, Chicago, Denver, and Cincy by a combined 9 points this season and were -12 in the turnover margin just in those games alone. Four of these teams missed the playoffs too.

I do agree with your overall assessment though.

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 487 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.