NFL General Discussion 2023

• Ripjiggen

Might be jumping the gun a bit there, but he sure had a rough one last night! Jets Defense is legit tho and will do this to a bunch of teams this year. Tom Brady flying out to the Meadowlands today?!? whistling

I am not sure he is top 3 in AFC little lone top 3-4 in NFL which many think of him as.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

All these reviews are making these games tough to watch. But it’s all about the gambling now so it will only get worse.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Week 2 Thoughts:

Someone is going to have to win the NFC North, no matter how mediocre that team is. I just don’t see the Lions being a threat to do anything but lose in the playoffs if they can’t slow down Geno Smith and company. The Packers are without their best RB, OL, and WR and it shows. Their defense couldn’t stop anyone on the ground either. The Vikings have nice weapons but will get abused in the trenches by any real contender too.

The Bengals drop to 0-2 with another pedestrian week for Burrow – by his standards. It’s early, but they seem to have regressed so far.

The Cowboys continue to look the part of a contender, but that’s their typical resume for September and October.

I had a nice little 6 point teaser parlay with San Fran, KC, and the Cowboys that hit and put a couple hundred in my pocket. Looks like I can fill my truck and maybe one by the buildings with fuel! What a time to be alive.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not sure what’s wrong with the Bengals. They are really in a hole now because both of their losses are division losses.

Atlanta and Tampa both being 2-0 to start the season is a bit surprising.

Dallas still looks legit. They are really good on both sides of the ball.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Another whopping performance by Fields, 211 yards passing and 2 picks. My Bears fan buddies are even starting to acknowledge that he may not be the guy, only took 3 years!

What happened in that Packers game? They were up 24-12 and seemed to have it in control when I turned it off.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Fun to see the Lions, Bears, and Packers lose on the same day!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Another whopping performance by Fields, 211 yards passing and 2 picks. My Bears fan buddies are even starting to acknowledge that he may not be the guy, only took 3 years!

What happened in that Packers game? They were up 24-12 and seemed to have it in control when I turned it off.

People were labeling Fields as the answer, and I’m not sure he’s more than another solid backup option. I can’t see what separates him from a Tyrod Taylor, Colt McCoy, Jacoby Brissett. Maybe the Bears fans and talking heads at ESPN were/are just that much more intelligent than everyone else.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

People were labeling Fields as the answer, and I’m not sure he’s more than another solid backup option. I can’t see what separates him from a Tyrod Taylor, Colt McCoy, Jacoby Brissett. Maybe the Bears fans and talking heads at ESPN were/are just that much more intelligent than everyone else.

He went off last year RUNNING the ball, and therefore was a FF stud while leading his team to the worst record in the league, so a lot of people took that as signs of development. At best he’s a poor man’s Lamar, probably closer to a poor man’s Kyler. He does run far better than those backups you mentioned, but I’d say he throws it far worse. He’s still never thrown for 300 yards, which they blamed on Nagy and then his WR’s. Well they brought in a new coaching staff after his rookie year, and DJ Moore and Chase Claypool this year, to go with Mooney and Kmet, and still barely getting over 200 yards.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

One would think the Bears will take another swing at QB in the first round with this upcoming draft – right? The class is allegedly one of the better ones in recent years for the position.

I get it that as fans we are all armchair QBs, but I just don’t see how they could afford to NOT move on.

Tlazer

It was also fun to watch the Vikings lose on Thursday.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Part of the issue with Fields is that neither the Bears or he is built to play from behind by multiple scores. And in both games, they’ve fallen behind. He is not going to stand there and throw the ball down after down when are losing by more than one possession. He just isn’t.

If he’s forced to do that, like he was yesterday at Tampa, he’ll throw interceptions. And that’s exactly what he did.

They need to play the game close and utilize the threat of his running abilities combined with his less-than-stellar passing ability. Otherwise the same result is going to occur next week at the Chiefs.

CaptainMusky

So a 30 year season ticket holder Patriots fan was punched and killed at the game the other night. WTF is wrong with people? I have no idea who started what but this man’s kid was right there and saw the whole thing.

JEREMY
    BP

Is it like that at Vikes games? Every week there is videos of fights at stadiums. Usually people being ganged up on.

CaptainMusky

IDK, I havent been to a Vikings game but I am sure there are rowdy drunk fans for sure. I think I saw at least 4 different videos from this weekend of fights at games.

Ripjiggen

Not if you sit with the beautiful people. jester

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Is it like that at Vikes games? Every week there is videos of fights at stadiums. Usually people being ganged up on.

I have been to a few games but never seen more than a few drunks yelling at each other.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

People pretty much get seriously injured in Philly every game. They used to have a jail at the old football stadium. They also booed Santa when he was at a game giving out gifts to kids. I’m all for wearing a visiting team jersey or apparel and choosing whoever you want to cheer for, but in Philly I would seriously consider not doing that. Or just never go there as a visiting fan.

Ripjiggen

Or just never bother going to Philly in general.

blank

The game was in New England, not Philly.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m not specifically referring to any single game. I’m talking about EVERY home game in Philadelphia for the Eagles. Its literally unsafe there being a visiting fan.

Brittman

Drunk and obnoxious Vikings fans in the US Bank stadium – yes. I usually am at one game (sometimes two) per year.

Most Minnesota fans tolerate idiots for a bit and then simply text the stadium security team into action. I think they can put a camera on anyone just about anywhere in the stadium and wait for “evidence”.

Vikings fans are really hospitable to visiting fans. There can be some friendly razzing, but I doubt any fan wearing the opposing team jersey ever feels threatened.

Philly, NY, Oakland (formerly) not quite the same.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blank wrote:</div>

I’m not specifically referring to any single game. I’m talking about EVERY home game in Philadelphia for the Eagles. Its literally unsafe there being a visiting fan.

I would take my children and grandparents to 10 games in Philadelphia before I would take myself to one more Raiders game at the old coliseum.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Drunk and obnoxious Vikings fans in the US Bank stadium – yes. I usually am at one game (sometimes two) per year.

Most Minnesota fans tolerate idiots for a bit and then simply text the stadium security team into action. I think they can put a camera on anyone just about anywhere in the stadium and wait for “evidence”.

Vikings fans are really hospitable to visiting fans. There can be some friendly razzing, but I doubt any fan wearing the opposing team jersey ever feels threatened.

Philly, NY, Oakland (formerly) not quite the same.

Vikings fans and Packers fans are so similar, that they generally seem to “get along” in every game I’ve been at. I’ve had Vikings fans offer to buy me beer or roast their own team while sitting next to us at US Bank, and I’ve had stranger Vikings fans walk up to our tailgate at Lambeau and have some brats and beverages.

I’ve never at any point not felt safe at either stadium despite the “rivalry”.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ve been to a ton of Vikings home games, and probably a dozen games elsewhere and have never seen an actual fight. But there are some places I wouldn’t go #1 The Old Raiders Coliseum, #1A Philly, and that’s about the extent of the list. I had a couple close encounters with Bears fans at the Metrodome, but for the most part people are friendly and just like talking a little smack. Notice you never see fights on the way in, but that smack talking can escalate after 30 Yuenglings by the end of the game….

On the positive side Packers fans at Lambeau are awesome and super welcoming, the only place better was KC. In KC we showed up with some beer and 13 dudes fresh out of college at KC and had some of the best BBQ and great convo’s with KC fans in their awesome tailgating area. I’d put both of those at the top of any football fans to-do list. KC is the only place I’ve been that is comparable to college tailgating.

CaptainMusky

As a visiting fan I would never wear my team’s apparel that is for dang sure.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I just read that Fields blamed his “robotic” play against the bucs on coaching. I’m sure that is going to sit well!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The Bears are going to get hammered against KC, just saying

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 487 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.