NFL General Discussion 2023

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Of all the teams that won. I think SF looks the weakest. Especially if Deboo is out or at less than 100%.
    I think the Big game pressure may get to Lamar. I think the Baltimore KC game is going to be another Great close game.
    Its early and I need to see who is all injured prior to game time, But right now I think I’d go against the Favorites. If I were a betting man I’d take Detroit and the 7 points. And just like last week, I could not bet against KC and Mahomes until someone can prove they can beat them in a big playoff game.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Lions came to play today!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Not too surprise that KC beat Baltimore. But I am surprised Detroit is manhandling San Fran this way. Then again I’ve never been a fan of resting players before a bye. Just too much time off.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

So far the NFL has what it wants with Mahomes, Kelce, Swift at the Superbowl.

If the Lions hang onto this one, give me the Chiefs to win the SB, Reid retires, Kelce and Swift get married (with more prenuptial agreements than a person can count and the marriage makes it less than 2 full years). Easy money on that parlay

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not too surprise that KC beat Baltimore.

That didn’t surprise me either. It was how the Chiefs won though that did kinda surprise me.

Baltimore forgot to check their emotions before the game. They had 3 roughing the passer penalties and a taunting penalty.

Plus an INT in the red zone into triple coverage and a fumble at the goal line.

Its actually somewhat bewildering that the Ravens only lost by 7.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

The Lions came to play today!

apparently so did the 49ers!!!! waytogo yay

lindyrig79

Momentum is a fickle thing. And the Lions just lost it.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I would have kicked that field goal but Lions going to do Lion things. I am pulling for them to pull it off. My second favorite team because of Barry and Megatron

eyeguy507
    SE MN

So far the NFL has what it wants with Mahomes, Kelce, Swift at the Superbowl.

If the Lions hang onto this one, give me the Chiefs to win the SB, Reid retires, Kelce and Swift get married (with more prenuptial agreements than a person can count and the marriage makes it less than 2 full years). Easy money on that parlay

LMFAO applause

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I wonder how Lions fans feel about not once but twice passing on field goals? Common will be a must listen tomorrow on KFAN!

Pitter patter

Lions fans feel good that they at least had the lead and lost it in the end. The Vikings would have been behind by 30 at the end of the 1st quarter

lindyrig79

I like being aggressive. But at some point it crosses the line. I think Detroit should have kicked both of those field goals. Mainly because it just gives too much momentum to the opposing team to come away with zero points multiple times like that.

lindyrig79

Lions fans feel good that they at least had the lead and lost it in the end. The Vikings would have been behind by 30 at the end of the 1st quarter

Are you referring to that 41-0 utterly embarrassing loss to the Giants? Or a different one razz

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The roar has not been restored

Pitter patter

The nfc north will be loaded for years to come minus the Vikings, with Caleb Williams going to the Bears, and the Lions and Packers.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

The nfc north will be loaded for years to come minus the Vikings, with Caleb Williams going to the Bears, and the Lions and Packers.

this must be your first year watching pro ball

lindyrig79

Have to agree. Hope I’m wrong but I think the Vikings will be buried behind Detroit and Green Bay for the foreseeable future. The team is just not built the right way and any sorta window they had is closed.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Yep, you gotta take the points when they are there, that is maximizing each possession in a championship must win game.
    The anguish for the lion fans will be painful for a while.

I like being aggressive. But at some point it crosses the line. I think Detroit should have kicked both of those field goals. Mainly because it just gives too much momentum to the opposing team to come away with zero points multiple times like that.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Live by the sword, die by the sword. – Dan Gamble

Ripjiggen

I don’t hate the 4th down calls been doing it all year. Obviously when they don’t work it’s glaring.
    I thought the 4th a goal at the end of the game was questionable, because if they kick the field goal it keeps the game alive. If they don’t score game over. Scored so it didn’t matter I guess.

Goff’s extension will be interesting.

Think it safe to say San Fran won’t be pursuing Cousins.

Deuces

Detroit was right there, just couldn’t pull thru.

Think of the dropped balls. Goff missed a couple crucial throws. See that absolute beast of a punt they couldn’t pin at the goal line, and even the onside kick was so freaking close at the end.

Have to go for the TD if ur 3 yards away, makes tying it with a FG plausible for tying it up, which should’ve been a FG earlier in the game with the right call….

Good game to watch tho, and that’s what it’s about the entertainment, sure would like to see our own team there for the same reason

ThunderLund78

I was pulling for the Lions – but my God. You’re up two scores in the playoffs, 4th and 3 against a VERY good team and you’re on your their 30 – TAKE THE POINTS. NO FG is guaranteed but you’re more than likely to make it 3 score game and maintain momentum. I know Detroit loves the guy, but you have to make sound strategic decisions when a trip to the big game is on the line. This is Detroit’s equivalent of the Sherriff “Taking a Knee” in ’98

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Dan Campbell hits on 19 while playing black jack.

AK Guy

Tough loss for the Lions.

CaptainMusky

I was pulling for the Lions and thought they had the game won in the first half only to squander it away.

riverbassman

Live by the sword, die by the sword. – Dan Gamble

I was going to say the same thing…. you beat me to it. Dan Campbell has been reckless like that all season and this time it got him not once, but twice.
    Leaving a possible 6 points off the board doesn’t seem right.
    I know if they would have converted he would be a hero but that was a big gamble to take IMO.

ThunderLund78

Well, I have pretty much zero interest in the Taylor Swift-fest that’s going to unfold in 2 weeks.

Have Pitchers and Catchers reported to Ft Myers yet? rotflol

CaptainMusky

Well, I have pretty much zero interest in the Taylor Swift-fest that’s going to unfold in 2 weeks.

She has a concert in Japan, but the rumors are that even with the time change she will be able to make it back in time for the game. It sure would be a shame if she couldnt attend and have the camera on her every 15 minutes.

Viewing 30 posts - 451 through 480 (of 487 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.