NFL General Discussion 2023

• CaptainMusky

The Bears are going to get hammered against KC, just saying

Well now the Feds did a raid on their headquarters and the Defensive Coordinator resigned just a few minutes ago. What a dumpster fire. Well, now I see that it wasnt raided. Ugh, either way still a dumpster fire.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

As a visiting fan I would never wear my team’s apparel that is for dang sure.

As an American in a free country you are entitled to wear whatever team’s apparel you choose to. Even for the visiting team. A lot of stadiums and arenas actually have a designated section for visiting fans so they can sit together.

As stated above, there are a couple venues where it would be very sketchy and I would not recommend doing it.

Brittman

Vikings fan was beat up in 2015 in Frisco. Attacked by a gang of opposing fans. The attack was posted (and deleted) on social media.

I had my 12 year old (now in late 20s) at a Monday night football game at the Dome. Eye opening on how much grown men can be absolute a$$ clowns. Multiple ejections that evening.

Saw Brady in his prime though.

Brittman

It is a game if not entertainment. While the physicality of football cannot be understated .. it should stay on the field.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Browns have acquired RB Kareem Hunt (again) in an effort to bolster their running back situation after Nick Chubb was lost for the season on Monday.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Just when you think the Bears are bad and couldn’t get worse…today happens

CaptainMusky

Anyone see the back and forth between Shadeur Sanders (Deion’s Kid) and Tom Brady about the Rolls Royce he was driving? That kid might be talented but he could be a problem down the road.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Did you see where Deion Sanders said he could never coach in the NFL because most of the players are overpaid Diva’s that will never listen to the coach. I did find that a little bite funny coming from him.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Just when you think the Bears are bad and couldn’t get worse…today happens

No doubt. Chicago is a serious train wreck right now and likely to get worse!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Last year I put $100 on the under for their season wins and cashed in easily. For some reason this year I didn’t think to do it again, which is a bummer.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Pro Bowler Cowboys Cornerback Trevon Diggs suffered and ACL tear in practice this week and is out for the season. Unfortunate outcome for what might be the top ranked defense in the league. You could argue he is the second best player on that defense behind Parsons.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’ve never met anybody who has rooted for the Cowboys since Jones fired Johnson. In my world Bin Laden was more popular. grin

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Thought this was interesting.

Attachments:
    1. AD56A38F-F22F-4145-8995-CC9ACB1D35C4.jpeg

lindyrig79

Miami hung 70 on Denver. Wow!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

We often talk about who the best teams in the league are.

Let’s talk about who the worst are instead. Before yesterday I would have said Arizona, Houston, Chicago, and Denver. Arizona beat Dallas and Houston beat Jacksonville, so I think it’s now between the Bears and Broncos. Who’s worse?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Bears, they don’t have a quarterback and the jury is out on the coaching staff.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ha! The Bears play the Broncos next week so we’ll find out who’s worse…

lindyrig79

I’ll be cheering for the Broncos!

Tlazer

Don’t forget Carolina and Minn as the worst teams. Both are 0-3 right now. Overall though the Bears have to be considered as the worst team right now.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Don’t forget Carolina and Minn as the worst teams. Both are 0-3 right now.

Carolina and Minnesota have both been competitive and lost close games.

The Bears and Broncos have not. The Bears were losing 34-0 at the half to the Chiefs and the Broncos just gave up 70 points to the Dolphins.

BTW the Broncos are favored by 3 at Chicago on Sunday… smash

lindyrig79

I don’t usually cheer for the Lions, but it’s kinda fun watching the Packers get their butt kicked in Lambeau! devil

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Lions look pretty dang good tonight, albeit against a second string OL. Couple nice road W’s for them already with this one and KC

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think for the 1st time in a long time. Detroit may have a good team. They looked darn good in both the KC win and the win last night. They are for sure the front runners to win the Division. They have never won the NFC north. Their last Division title was 1993 when it was the NFC Central. This team is mostly made up from some real good draft picks.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They had the 4th best odds to win the NFC before the season started behind the Eagles, 49ers, and Cowboys. If I remember correctly it was 22-1.

I personally would not put them into that top tier in the NFC at this point but its obvious by now that they are clearly the best team in the division.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

They had the 4th best odds to win the NFC before the season started behind the Eagles, 49ers, and Cowboys. If I remember correctly it was 22-1.

I personally would not put them into that top tier in the NFC at this point but its obvious by now that they are clearly the best team in the division.

and there doing it with a QB that everyone said wasnt all that good!!!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

and there doing it with a QB that everyone said wasnt all that good!!!

You could say that about all those top NFC teams, Hurts/Purdy/Dak all have/had questions about their ability, especially to win the big games.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

You done forgot Cousins!! waytogo rotflol rotflol

lindyrig79

Any predictions on the Miami vs Buffalo game this weekend?

Probably the best game on the slate, too bad it’s buried in the Noon games and not even nationally televised. The NFL really needs to start flexing games earlier in the season.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Any predictions on the Miami vs Buffalo game this weekend?

Probably the best game on the slate, too bad it’s buried in the Noon games and not even nationally televised. The NFL really needs to start flexing games earlier in the season.
    [/quot

Flexing or fixing?

lindyrig79

Friday night topic. Dutch do you think the NFL is rigged?

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 487 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.