Getting out of hand

• ganderpike
    Alexandria

A group of 6 state governors (including Walz) has proposed removing the federal gas tax for the rest of 2022. That’s 18 cents/gallon.

The problem with removing this is that federal gas tax pays for the upkeep and replacement of roads, bridges, sidewalks, etc. So if we get rid of that, where is the money to fix and maintain infrastructure? Its a weak solution to a big problem right now.

I hate paying this just as much as the next guy, but if it means helping out Ukraine for a while, so be it.

I was hoping the other 35% of my paycheck would be enough for Uncle Sam! Unfortunately I don’t think Ukraine benefits by us paying higher for gas, that is just corporate price gouging.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Unfortunately I don’t think Ukraine benefits by us paying higher for gas, that is just corporate price gouging.

There is certainly some of that in play, and the fact that it is globally traded on markets dictates the raw price of the commodity as well.

Deuces

Paid 5.01 this morning for diesel. 75 gallon tank. Ouch that hurts. I stopped the pump at 220

You pay for company gas?

Which brings up a question for those guys who usually just take mileage for vehicles, including myself, with the hike this year will it possibly payoff to itemize? I really hate number crunching, ISO of cheap quick answer.

JoeMX1825
    MN

For “most” Americans, 1 FEWER Starbucks/fast food impulse buy a week will cover the added gas expense during a global revolt against an act of unprovoked war…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    Paid 5.01 this morning for diesel. 75 gallon tank. Ouch that hurts. I stopped the pump at 220

You pay for company gas?

Which brings up a question for those guys who usually just take mileage for vehicles, including myself, with the hike this year will it possibly payoff to itemize? I really hate number crunching, ISO of cheap quick answer.

Negative. Unless I fill up at places other then holiday. Then it’s a reimbursement hoop to jump through. I do pay for lots of fuel in my own rigs as well

castle-rock-clown

My only 4 wheel vehicle is a 3500 Chevy diesel. Luckily it’s starting to get warmer and I have a couple motorcycles and will integrate them more into my daily travels. That will help emensly with these prices. And when just a joy ride is desired I have an electric moped.

Attachments:
    1. 70B00051-17C6-473E-BA55-76E3DB470BA6.jpeg

Stanley

For “most” Americans, 1 FEWER Starbucks/fast food impulse buy a week will cover the added gas expense during a global revolt against an act of unprovoked war…

What if I don’t buy Starbucks or go out to eat? Does that mean I have to cut back on buying the latest and greatest new fishing gear? grin

MNdrifter

My wife said to me last night she may be able to change her hours at work so we could car pool. Apparently the facial expression I made in my mind I actually made with my face. So I am currently dealing with that….

CaptainMusky

What if I don’t buy Starbucks or go out to eat? Does that mean I have to cut back on buying the latest and greatest new fishing gear?

No it means the wife gets 1 less purse or pair of shoes.

Paul D
    Roseville

And when just a joy ride is desired I have an electric moped.

Fun to pull a boat with one of those! toast

castle-rock-clown

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>castle-rock-clown wrote:</div>
    And when just a joy ride is desired I have an electric moped.

You have one of those?

Yes. It has about a realistic 40 mile range with my 230lb hulk on it. I’ve got bike paths and the grocery or hardware store is a 20 mile round trip. Top speed is 28mph. Battery charges overnight. The only thing I would, and will change is a more comfy seat. It has pedals so I don’t have to register it, but has full blinkers, headlight, taillight, brake light, and horn. I put a plastic milk crate on the back for carrying stuff.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yesterday, cutting into my pull tab money flame rotflol

Attachments:
    1. 536BE002-ADC1-42EC-9BBE-AFD614F177AA-scaled.jpeg

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

My wife said to me last night she may be able to change her hours at work so we could car pool. Apparently the facial expression I made in my mind I actually made with my face. So I am currently dealing with that….

rotflol

Reef W

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

What if I don’t buy Starbucks or go out to eat? Does that mean I have to cut back on buying the latest and greatest new fishing gear? grin

No more avocado toast?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yesterday, cutting into my pull tab money flame rotflol

Win more pull tabs and you’ll be golden

CaptainMusky

Yesterday, cutting into my pull tab money

Yeah, just buy the winners.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Yesterday, cutting into my pull tab money

Yeah, just buy the winners.

There are winning pull tabs in those boxes?!?!

…guess I learned something new today

CaptainMusky

Ha! Ive gone on quite the lucky streak the last few weeks. I have half the cash saved up for my new topper for my truck when it comes. It goes in streaks for me. I dont ever spend much, but typically play most times out. Buddy did well on etabs last night with I think it was like $600.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yes. It has about a realistic 40 mile range with my 230lb hulk on it. I’ve got bike paths and the grocery or hardware store is a 20 mile round trip. Top speed is 28mph. Battery charges overnight. The only thing I would, and will change is a more comfy seat. It has pedals so I don’t have to register it, but has full blinkers, headlight, taillight, brake light, and horn. I put a plastic milk crate on the back for carrying stuff.

Damn. I need to consider this lol

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Plus the chicks dig them! lol

Deuces

We ride some fat tire scooters at a cabin resort every year and would love to get one for the neighborhood runs to the local mart.

I’d be beaten and robbed for it in about 10 seconds unfortunately bawling

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

Ha! Ive gone on quite the lucky streak the last few weeks. I have half the cash saved up for my new topper for my truck when it comes. It goes in streaks for me. I dont ever spend much, but typically play most times out. Buddy did well on etabs last night with I think it was like $600.

I picked up take out last night from the local burger bar, played 40 bucks while waiting and hit a 200, 100, and a 50. The other day grubson and I were on pokegama, I ran to the burger shop quick and played 40, hit a 599.
    It definitely goes in streaks.

CaptainMusky

I picked up take out last night from the local burger bar, played 40 bucks while waiting and hit a 200, 100, and a 50. The other day grubson and I were on pokegama, I ran to the burger shop quick and played 40, hit a 599.
    It definitely goes in streaks.

That’s an impressive streak for sure! Well done.

Adam Steffes

rotflol
    I have this problem far too often…I can’t hide how I feel very well.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

lol

castle-rock-clown

It’s a Juiced Hyper Scorpian. The nice thing is you can extend the range by pedaling. It has 4 levals of pedal assist, allows you to pedal as easy or hard as you desire. I’m no olimpian by a long shot, just a 61 year old guy who can use this to save money on gas, run errands, get a little exercise, and just have fun riding.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

guy who can use this to save money on gas, run errands, get a little exercise, and just have fun riding.

Totally. I can see the purpose and the enjoyment of having one. Plus, the chiks dig em!

Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.