Getting out of hand

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    For those that drive a lot there is an app that will give you cash back for all the gas you buy. Its called getupside. I think you have to go to specific stations because I installed it, but none of them were near me so I uninstalled it.
    Check into it because it could save you some serious money. Otherwise its always good to use a card that pays back rewards. I use my Cabelas card and get all sorts of rewards with various purchases. Doesnt cover the increase in cost, but its a nice side benefit.

Different topic but cabellas card is one of the worst reward programs out there. 1 percent back is not a good rewards program.
    Much better rewards programs available.
    Heck even Scheels is 1.5 and that ain’t that great.

Back on topic. Gas prices suck, Covid sucks, Democrats suck, Republicans suck, Restrictions suck protest suck.
    Did I miss anything?

Yeah the fishing sucks too but evidently there may be other reasons to ice fish now in Ohio at least grin

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yeah the fishing sucks too but evidently there may be other reasons to ice fish now in Ohio at least grin
    [/quote]

I love the positivity guys.
    The bites been OK for us in my neck of the woods. Some nights suck and some nights don’t suck as much.
    I have yet to find any ladies of the night out on the ice. I count that as a good thing. They must be hanging out on forest lake or something with the 4000 other people.

404 ERROR
    MN

Back on topic. Gas prices suck, Covid sucks, Democrats suck, Republicans suck, Restrictions suck protest suck.
    Did I miss anything?

Preach! Hit the nail on the head with that sentence.

Ya’ll should just be glad you aren’t buying 110 by the jug…I just paid $14/gal…Luckily 10 gallons will last me a year.

CaptainMusky

Different topic but cabellas card is one of the worst reward programs out there. 1 percent back is not a good rewards program.
    Much better rewards programs available.
    Heck even Scheels is 1.5 and that ain’t that great.

Did I miss anything?

while it may not be great I’ve had it for decades and don’t like getting new cards. It’s the only one I have but I may get a Costco one now however.

Ripjiggen

I was the same way Musky. Had one for longest time. When Cabellas went down hill. I switched and realized how much of a joke their rewards program actually is.

CaptainMusky

I was the same way Musky. Had one for longest time. When Cabellas went down hill. I switched and realized how much of a joke their rewards program actually is.

Yeah, we dont have a costco membership yet, but that is changing this week. My wife’s insurance changed and her prescriptions would make her go broke in a hurry. She looked into costco prices and they were pennies on the dollar so we are signing up in the next few days. Its a hassle because its all the way across town instead of a few miles to Walgreens, but its something we cannot afford to not do. Her out of pocket for prescriptions would be like $18k a year. Obviously shed hit her max, but still thats like $8k or something. Sheesh.

MX1825

I don’t think you need a membership to use Costco Pharmacy. Not sure on that but you can check it out.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

You do not need a membership for Costco pharmacy (even for online services they say) or liquor. I finally got their credit card – hoping it will outperform my discover.

CaptainMusky

I don’t think you need a membership to use Costco Pharmacy. Not sure on that but you can check it out.

Good to know! Regardless we are just not renewing our Sams membership which just expired. So we will go with Costco instead.

Umy
    South Metro

That’s where we’re headed too

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Woodbury Quick-Trip today premium is .70 more a gallon than regular. Never seen anything like it.

Adam Steffes

Remember a month ago I said we havent seen anything yet? Well I am here to tell you we still haven’t.

Attachments:
    1. 7CDB5C31-6C5C-427C-9901-DBE9CC17BE89.png

robby
    Quad Cities

I filled up in Bettendorf, Iowa yesterday at a Casey’s. $3.59/gal. All of the other stations near there were $4.19/gal. Here in Illinois, I am seeing $5.19/gal. UGH.

robby
    Quad Cities

Did I miss anything?

This!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Using getupside and the 3% I get back on my AMEX for gas I can get it for 3.57 near me. But yeah still sucks

Sylvanboat

I filled up in Bettendorf, Iowa yesterday at a Casey’s. $3.59/gal. All of the other stations near there were $4.19/gal. Here in Illinois, I am seeing $5.19/gal. UGH.

Illinois is run by Democrats. Our gas taxes are among the highest in the nation.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

4.19 gal in Park Falls Wis. Yes that sucks , what sucks more ? Being bombed in your own home .

queenswake
    NULL

If you compare even the trucks that most of us are driving to those in 2008 when the last spike happened, my guess is we are all using a lot less fuel per mile, which cancels any spikes out.

I feel bad for the guys who drive for a living or need the big gas guzzlers for heavy hauling.

But for the average consumer, I think it’s the price spikes on other stuff and services because of the higher gas prices that will end up hitting the hardest.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It was $3.54 in St Cloud yesterday. When I got to Rogers, everything was $3.79.

If the talk of completely banning Russian oil goes through, we’ll blow right past $4 and probably get close to $5 here.

Iowaboy1

We get around three to four percent of our oil from Russia, the price increase should be in the pennies if anything.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220307-120600_Facebook.jpg

Deuces

rotflol rotflol rotflol

Omg that’s exactly what was needed Sheldon!!!!

jester jester jester

catmando
    wis

The real reason gas prices are skyrocketing, Because the oil companies at a drop of the hat, will use any small excuse to do it.

catnip
    south metro

3.99 in Rosemount today. Remember what else happened in 08 when gas hit $4 the housing market crashed.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

They’ll force us to buy electric any way they can……Problem is by then none of us will be able to afford them from being gouged on gas for so long.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

It was $3.54 in St Cloud yesterday. When I got to Rogers, everything was $3.79.

If the talk of completely banning Russian oil goes through, we’ll blow right past $4 and probably get close to $5 here.

US uses 20 million barrels a day , over 4 billion in the Bakken {North Dakota } Many wells drilled and capped already these companies could start pumping .

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Taken from a LinkedIn post:

I have seen so much misunderstanding of how oil works online this week.

1) You don’t just “open a valve” to increase oil production.

It is extremely capital & time-intensive to extract hydrocarbons.

You have to get permits approved, construct locations, drill the well, frac the well, build production infrastructure etc.

You are talking a 6-month cycle at best.

Then you layer other constraints on top of that:

-labor shortages cause a limited supply of oilfield services so you can’t bring wells on as quickly

-steel shortages make sourcing pipe difficult

2) Now you’re asking O&G companies to ramp up capex to increase production.

It’s a very tough ask when the feds have created so much uncertainty from a regulatory perspective with rhetoric and actions such as banning drilling on federal lands, pulling pipeline permits, etc.

Essentially the message is:

“There isn’t a place for oil and gas in this world, you’re being phased out.”

It’s hard to make investments with those headwinds, but now that’s what’s being asked.

3) Americans have become addicted to cheap oil and gas.

That was enabled by investors subsidizing the costs over the last decade and incinerating their capital.

Now investors want O&G companies to focus on sustainable free cashflow and return capital.

Shocker.

This has caused O&G companies to go into maintenance mode and limit production growth.

4) Activists have been pushing for the divestment of fossil fuels.

Countless endowment funds, institutions, banks and other entities have announced their withdrawal from O&G.

(Preventing the ability to finance energy and support humans isn’t looking so noble now)

5) Now oil and gas companies are being painted as the bad guys for not producing enough oil.

Despite years of capital being sucked out of the space, increasing hurdles to build infrastructure and activists attacking the industry, it’s now the O&G companies who are at fault.

They are at fault for something that they can not physically do in such a short amount of time.

They operate at low prices and give Americans an extremely prosperous life, the response:

“You’re killing the planet, we’re going to end you, leave it in the ground”

They stop chasing production growth and leave it in the ground, the response:

“Greedy oil companies only care about profits, they don’t care about human suffering or else they would increase production”

People in the O&G industry have every right to be upset right now.

They wake up and work hard to power the world and support human flourishing, just to be told by critics on twitter that they’re evil.

Now those critics are in desperate need of help and the only people that can save them are the ones they have been demonizing for the last 10 years.

Bad energy policy and misguided activists have led to this problem.

Full stop.

People are getting a hard dose of reality on energy production and realizing how critical it is to society.

The oil companies didn’t cause this.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Taken from a LinkedIn post:

I have seen so much misunderstanding of how oil works online this week.

1) You don’t just “open a valve” to increase oil production.

It is extremely capital & time-intensive to extract hydrocarbons.

You have to get permits approved, construct locations, drill the well, frac the well, build production infrastructure etc.

You are talking a 6-month cycle at best.

Then you layer other constraints on top of that:

-labor shortages cause a limited supply of oilfield services so you can’t bring wells on as quickly

-steel shortages make sourcing pipe difficult

2) Now you’re asking O&G companies to ramp up capex to increase production.

It’s a very tough ask when the feds have created so much uncertainty from a regulatory perspective with rhetoric and actions such as banning drilling on federal lands, pulling pipeline permits, etc.

Essentially the message is:

“There isn’t a place for oil and gas in this world, you’re being phased out.”

It’s hard to make investments with those headwinds, but now that’s what’s being asked.

3) Americans have become addicted to cheap oil and gas.

That was enabled by investors subsidizing the costs over the last decade and incinerating their capital.

Now investors want O&G companies to focus on sustainable free cashflow and return capital.

Shocker.

This has caused O&G companies to go into maintenance mode and limit production growth.

4) Activists have been pushing for the divestment of fossil fuels.

Countless endowment funds, institutions, banks and other entities have announced their withdrawal from O&G.

(Preventing the ability to finance energy and support humans isn’t looking so noble now)

5) Now oil and gas companies are being painted as the bad guys for not producing enough oil.

Despite years of capital being sucked out of the space, increasing hurdles to build infrastructure and activists attacking the industry, it’s now the O&G companies who are at fault.

They are at fault for something that they can not physically do in such a short amount of time.

They operate at low prices and give Americans an extremely prosperous life, the response:

“You’re killing the planet, we’re going to end you, leave it in the ground”

They stop chasing production growth and leave it in the ground, the response:

“Greedy oil companies only care about profits, they don’t care about human suffering or else they would increase production”

People in the O&G industry have every right to be upset right now.

They wake up and work hard to power the world and support human flourishing, just to be told by critics on twitter that they’re evil.

Now those critics are in desperate need of help and the only people that can save them are the ones they have been demonizing for the last 10 years.

Bad energy policy and misguided activists have led to this problem.

Full stop.

People are getting a hard dose of reality on energy production and realizing how critical it is to society.

The oil companies didn’t cause this.

Lol the day I have to feel bad for oil corporations because they had to sell cheap oil for a few years will be a cold day in hell. If you could tell me what site posted that I could bookmark it next to my Barstool and Onion tabs. Maybe that was satire and I missed it.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Lol the day I have to feel bad for oil corporations because they had to sell cheap oil for a few years will be a cold day in hell. If you could tell me what site posted that I could bookmark it next to my Barstool and Onion tabs. Maybe that was satire and I missed it.

Good one. Anything to say about his five points?

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Those are emotional pleas more than they are technical points. 2 thru 5 is essentially: Oil companies are sad that shareholders have made minimal profit the last 6 years and are beholden to gouge prices now that oil is very profitable.

Im probably on the same page as you. 1 is correct. Texas Sweet Crude vs Bakken crude are like silver maple versus sugar maple (syrup analogy). It would take an expensive retrofit to make them ready for consumer gasoline.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Baldwin is always way lower from what I hear. Wish I knew why. River Falls I’ve been paying $4.25 – $4.40 for 91 since before Russia got squirrely.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.