Best aluminum boat?

• linder 1
    New Ulm, MN

Between Lund,Crestliner,Alumicraft, and G3, whats you’re guys favorite boat? Mine is LUND

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What are you going to do with it. What type of fishing on what water.

All boats float.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The one that doesn’t leak??

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Between Lund,Crestliner,Alumicraft, and G3, whats you’re guys favorite boat? Mine is LUND

Any boat your fishing buddy’s making the payments on.

whittsend

The one that makes it out of the garage more than twice a season and gets USED.

I like my Lund for a number of reasons… Reasons that are very specific to my own wants and needs, and what I value in a boat for those purposes.

Sort of depends on what you want it for.

Different boats for different folks… Isn’t that the saying?? Or was it Different(4)strokes for different folks?? hmmmmm……..

dea
    Hixton, WI

Alumacraft!
    One of the last privately held boat companys.
    You can put any brand outboard on it.
    Prefer Evinrude, of course.

I have been through the factory and their employees are very proud of the product they build.

alumanator
    New Hope, MN

Alumacraft Tournament Pro

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Well someone has to be the A-hole of this so it might as well be me… Lake Assult it the premo and built right in Elk River,MN.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sylvan

big G

dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

LUND!!! I didn’t know that there was any other aluminum boats out there…

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I have had both Lund and Alumacraft boats and liked them both. It is hard for me to say which I like best because they were very different in size. I like the Alumacraft I run now but it is newer and larger than any of the others I have owned. I do have to say I think Lund has been the most innovative and have always liked them best until buying my most recent Alumacraft.

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

StarCraft Here.

scottzietlow

Alumacraft especially for running around the backwaters of the miss…

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Crestliner….Gotta like the welded hulls

marbleye2
    Eagle Lake, MN

I run a Crestliner, my second, I’ve also had an Alumacraft and fished out of several Lunds. I think it’s totally your preference. If it floats, it’ll work. It’s just a matter of what you want. I liked the layout and the price of the Crestliner. I don’t think you can go too wrong with any of them.

minnesota_tom
    Grand Meadow, MN

Lund. Dryer than Big E’s Wetliner and also I have never had a box of Raps fly out of my Lund either. (Sorry E)

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Welcome to all the new guys!! Several of the responses are from people with under 100 posts. See…….it doesn’t hurt at all to get involved.

Of course that will change with the coming of football and the Viking vs Packers wars.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I guess I am the only one voting for G3…..I’ve always been a little different.

customrodfan
    Twin Cities

I’ll put my vote in for G3 too. I’ve run Lund and Alumacraft. I’m on my 1st season with a new G3 185F and so far – so good. Not to totally hijack the post , but I went with G3 (built by Yamaha) because I prefer to run a Yamaha motor

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Man the Lake Assaults are built like tanks, nice rigs. I like my Alum, wasn’t my first choice but I have changed my mind since owning one. There are local too, St. Peter, MN. What ever fits your needs and you like works.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Speaking of Lake Assault, I really wanted this one but I was a few bucks short. Just a few.

msriverdog
    Arkansas

Low post count person here.

Have had Lunds and Alumacraft, they’re both good, year by year all manufacturers change designs, that’s good, we all win. Aluminum boats, live forever, heard that on Garage Logic years ago.

Oh boy another post.

hawkeye27

yeah if you have alot of money. lunds are so over priced!!! you could buy a lund in my opinion and get just as nice of boat with a crestliner or alumicraft for less money….

WarrenMN2

Bumping stumps mapping on Devils Lake, I love my Lake Assualt.

WarrenMN

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Why ,I did not think of that one.

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

I’ve had Crestliner, Lund, and Alumacraft. I only bought a second boat from one of them–Alumacraft!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.