A new cat boat

• audemp
    Wi

Here is a new cat assault boat made right here in MN.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I see Ivan around Shaboshkung all the time, I think Lake Assault needs to beef up HP ratings before they are a real player in the tiller market today.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Looks more like a Shark Hunter boat to me……

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

That is one bad rig!! The only thing it’s missin is a 50.caliber mounted on the deck

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

That is one bad rig!! The only thing it’s missin is a 50.caliber mounted on the deck

More like a back hoe on the front of that thing to dredge out a channel if your going to try to take it catfishing!

audemp
    Wi

I think its pretty!!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I like shiny.

audemp
    Wi

Im looking around to try to get the best boat for the money that I can.

What boat would you recommend for river catfishing but versatile enough to fish bigger water waves (st. croix) and still be able to stay under 20,000$ and be from 16.5 to 18 foot long.

Thanks for the ideas!

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Im looking around to try to get the best boat for the money that I can.

What boat would you recommend for river catfishing but versatile enough to fish bigger water waves (st. croix) and still be able to stay under 20,000$ and be from 16.5 to 18 foot long.

Thanks for the ideas!

My boat……….. but not for sale yet.

Seriously, Marc,

You will have no problem finding a very nice boat in that range. The hardest thing will be narrowing down your decision.

Good luck on the boat hunt.

audemp
    Wi

Yours is too lucky! I would not sell it yet either!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Its hard to recommend a boat. It best to check out several different boats and choose the one with the layout you like most, and be sure it will meet the demands you will need it for(hauling the family here and there?). What you have room to store if your going to use your garage or driveway, etc.

Myself, I like as simple as possible, but rigged with the proper toys.. that doesnt mean its best to hal the family around Minnetonka on Labor day weekend. I prefer the tiller for the room and boat control. I have more room in my 16′ boat than most 18′ counsel type boats. The smaller the boat, the less power you need to push it, runs shallower, lighter, cost less, overall more economical.

Its perfect more me, but that doesnt mean it would suit everyone else well. One huge bonus.. by the time you get into an 18′ boat, its going to cost as much to max out the horsepower for that boat as it would to buy my boat used.

Keep in mind your towing vehicle. Unless you plan to upgrade that too, Its wise to stay within reasonable towing capacity for a vehical. A $20K boat can turn into $35K in a hurry if you need something to pull the boat!

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

There is something to be said about hitting a log/sandbar in the middle of the night and thinking “oh well” patch er up and not worry too much about it. As the price goes up, so does the stress and maintenance costs.

The same can be said about springing a leak and stuffing a glowstick in, or perhaps crashing into the corner of the garage

Now….working with that budget I’m pretty sure you all can guess what I would be driving

Like Dave said though, then I gotta figure out where to put it and what to pull it with……there goes the budget

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Now….working with that budget I’m pretty sure you all can guess what I would be driving

Hmmmm, would it start with an “R” and end with an “iverpro”?

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

or perhaps crashing into the corner of the garage

Hey Now!!!!!
    The boat was just fine………….. My brick facade on my garage will never be the same…..

Nice shot DTRO.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

The same can be said about springing a leak and stuffing a glowstick in

I must say that glow stick was the perfect fit for the rivet that dissapeared! It worked so well it stayed there for a couple trips

I regret having to let that boat go when I moved into this new boat. That boat would float in 3″ of water with a couple cat guys in it, and take on rough water with ease.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.