Boat Cover

• Denny O
    Central IOWA

I used to make custom snap-on covers for 12 years. Mine is currently 9 years old and in great condition. Prices will obviously vary. Material is a big factor.

I recommend spraying silicone on the snaps once a year. Do not spray it on thick as it can cause the snaps to come undone when traveling down the road. The silicone spray helps in preventing the snaps from breaking off.

I use bees or paraffin wax on the cup side of the snaps.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Material used is a huge factor in the price of a custom cover.

My cover on my 2000 Crestliner was custom made and has not needed one repair in the 20 years I have owned it. Wasn`t cheap made with TopGun material, if I ever had to replace it I would cough up the money again for TopGun material.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Just got my second custom cover from Economy Canvas in East Bethel. I think my first one from there 8 years ago was about $350 and my last one this fall was $513.

I use mine as a storage cover year round. It lasted 8 years.

Here’s the one I got this fall.

Attachments:
    1. B0F2FCF7-B46E-403F-9E4A-A7703DCD3E97-scaled.jpeg

rsee

@Biggill …Your material is Aqualon or Aquatop. Probably the most used matierial I made covers out of. Good price point for durability.

Sunbrella is probably the top of the line material that will cost you the most, but last you the longest. It can be retreated for water repellency years down the road. Usually by then, most people choose to replace the cover. Sunbrella also has premium colors that come with a premium price.

Topgun material is thick also but can be generally stiffer overall.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.