Any experience with at Ranger 800 Crew?

• Whateverbites

I am in the market to buy a polaris ranger crew, looking to spend 8K tops, I have seen some decent deals on the 2010+ 800 model. Wondering if anyone has any concerns with this model?

I want full doors and heat too, so I need to go a bit older to be afford what I want.

404 ERROR
    MN

The Polaris 800 motors can take just about any beating someone can dish out with the exception of a bullet…They may not have the most power in it’s class, but they’re strong and reliable. I have seen Polaris 800 motors get the absolute snot beat out of them and they just keep ticking.

Biggest thing is to make sure the air filtration system is clean and properly sealed. That seems to be the weak link in them. With a dirty or leaky air filter, you will eat your rings relatively fast. There is no exhaust valve seal on those motors, just a seat. Some user experience slight oil consumption, but it’s not really an issue otherwise Polaris would have put a seal there.

I would add full doors and see how it works before dropping the cash on a heater. The cabs of the 800 Rangers become pretty hot on their own, it may be enough for you after the engine warms up.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

651-388-1535 Ask for Little Timmy.

His thought on this machine is that it’s very good. It’s not a matter of if it will break, but more of when.

He knows the used market very well. toast

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.